Morale help please

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Morale help please

I have a problem and would really appreciate any help I can get. I'm in a game on day 99 with 4 active players remaining. My coalition just had a really big war with one of the other remaining coalitions that devastated my morale. In the process of the war the chosen have sprouted everywhere, leaving me with a large deficit on 2 of my recources that are preventing me from building any more structures or producing anymore troops. The other big issues are my current unit count is 172 units but not very many of those remaining units are capable of conquering territories so it's impossible for me to stop the chosen from taking over my territories which is pushing recources even further negative... And I am also at war with too many countries that I cannot finish off because I don't have any units that can do naval landings or air landings on there small remaining islands without ports. And I cannot go to peace with them because all of the players are no longer active. Is there anything I can do solve this problem and avoid losing everything?
    • DigitalReign wrote:

The other big issues are my current unit count is 172 units but not very many of those remaining units are capable of conquering territories
      you're seriously telling me that out of 172 units almost none are inf?

DigitalReign wrote:

impossible for me to stop the chosen from taking over my territories which is pushing recources even further negative.
      then garrison in supply and component cities and get rid of youre morale penalties; national guard is really really cheap

DigitalReign wrote:

And I am also at war with too many countries that I cannot finish off because I don't have any units that can do naval landings or air landings on there small remaining islands without ports
      didnt they patch it so that all islands have a harbor now tho
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • yeah, probably no more than 10 to 15 infantry units because alot were defeated in the last war, and they are what I'm using to reconquer cities with from the chosen. I over did it with my air force and navy as well as artillery units to protect against the many nuclear attacks so I didn't have a lot of infantry to start with. But I've almost come to the point where I'm not sure if I should nuke my own naval and air units to take the amount of daily consumption down. I'm at zero recources on oil components and really low on electronics so I can't build or mobilize anything new with the daily unit consumption. But yeah I thought they patched that as well.. I am in an apacolype 4x match. But like the little island cayo romano above moron in Cuba has no harbor, and was not occupied when any of the other islands were.
    • By the state of affairs you are describing I find it astounding that you actually survived to day 99 of your map, had there been any serious competition I think you would have been wiped out in the first 2 weeks. Not trying to be mean just pointing out perhaps you need to rethink your approach to the combination of units you use as part of your army. Doesn't sound very balanced.

Food for thought...
      Best of luck
    • Sorry for the long post just crazy situation. But yeah no argument or offense taken at all, I completely agree there. I was doing great before that last war with the other coalition, I was finishing off the coalition in south America and the rest of the continent that had been almost completely over run by the chosen. But I abandoned finishing them off completely before I jumped over to save my remaining team mate from the other coalition in Russia that was snatching up all the other victory sites and getting close to victory. Then I started mass upgrading my air force and artillery units to help win over there, and caused my economy to start consuming too much oil then tried building up more arms industries and airports to boost production but wasn't able to keep up once the oil and components ran out. So at that point morale was plummetting further and caused the chosen to explode everywhere and crippled my recources to the point that they are at now. And I had lost most of my ground troops in the battle I was having with the other coalition... So yeah lol, I'm completely aware I screwed myself with the choice to abandon finishing off the chosen and other enemies where I was at that had all quit the game at the same time then jumping straight into war with the leading coalition. And then switching my research and building priorities at the last second before jumping into the battle before I was ready was also a huge mistake but the other coalition was about to win and overrunning my partner and nuking his homelands so I didn't think I had much of a choice lol. But if you have any suggestions at all to help turn the tides on my situation I would appreciate it very much lol. Right now I'm doing my best to stop the chosen but I'm struggling to try and stop them from taking my territories let alone all over the rest of the map. So it feels like there going to hit the VP threshold before I'll be able get back into a position that I can get the troops I need to stop them. It wouldn't bother me how long it would take I'm just trying to see if anyone has any idea of how I could pull it off before then because I don't want to abandon my teammate after all the hard work we both did to snatch the solo victory.
      Like I said I've considered nuking the air units that are no longer really usefully now that I've beaten the opponents to get my production back up to start producing ground units again but idk if that would work? Also does the VP requirements change from the 8050 to a lower number with only 2 teammates or is it a flat based 8050 if your in a coalition at all? Because our 3rd teammate quit playing all together and only has 76 VP where I'm at 3518 and the other active member is at 2190.
    • If you try to kick a coalition member, the game will tell you, how many VP you will need afterwards, because the amount is dependant of your coalition size.

You can't nuke friendly territory, but I guess you could nuke your aircrafts, letting them patrol over hostile territory and then nuking that.

Though aircrafts tend to use electronics as upkeep.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

If you try to kick a coalition member, the game will tell you, how many VP you will need afterwards, because the amount is dependant of your coalition size.

You can't nuke friendly territory, but I guess you could nuke your aircrafts, letting them patrol over hostile territory and then nuking that.

arent aircraft midair entirely unaffected by AOE tho
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Kalrakh wrote:

If you try to kick a coalition member, the game will tell you, how many VP you will need afterwards, because the amount is dependant of your coalition size.

I've had my UAVs patrolling over cities that were getting nuked by my alliance and it did no damage to the UAV. Not sure that will do anything.

DigitalReign wrote:

... I over did it with my air force and navy as well as artillery units ...
      All of those can be used to attack/defend against Chosen. They can't hold cities, but they can at least keep those cities from spawning more Chosen to roam around. And if they fail, well, that's just that little bit less upkeep.

Also, if you are in coalition, share resources by using the marketplace. Surely not everyone in your coalition is dead broke on the same resources.

edited to add: building inf requires no fuel and the fact that you can't afford the upkeep doesn't stop you from building them (that I am aware of anyway).
      Also - destroy every building in every city that is listed as "occupied", except for airports.
    • DOA70 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

I've had my UAVs patrolling over cities that were getting nuked by my alliance and it did no damage to the UAV. Not sure that will do anything.

When did that happen? How long time ago? In old times there was no friendly fire.
    • Teburu wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

arent aircraft midair entirely unaffected by AOE tho
      Aircrafts in the ground are considered infantry, so the anti-plane and anti-chopper damage of missile can only be for units in midair
    • Kalrakh wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

When did that happen? How long time ago? In old times there was no friendly fire.
      It was about 8-12 months ago.