Leftover provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Leftover provinces

If an enemy country has no more troops or cities left and you control ALL their homeland cities you should be able to claim all their leftover provinces and make them yours.

Examples:
      Country A has taken all the cities of Country B, including Country B's homeland cities and Country B has no troops left- Country A can claim all the leftover provinces.

Country A has taken all the cities including all homeland cities of Country B, but Country B still has troops left- Country A cannot claim all of Country B's leftover provinces.

Country A has taken all the cities including all homeland cities of Country B except one which belongs to Country C and Country B has no troops left- No one can claim the leftover provinces of Country B and have to take over manually ( Country A has to get that one homeland city of Country B which is controlled by Country C to claim the leftover provinces).

If the insurgents meet the requirements to claim a country's leftover provinces then they will not be able to claim the provinces.

Why this feature will be useful:
      More Realistic- A real nation would surrender if all their major cities and troops are lost.
      Quicker Games- Many games are made unnecessarily longer because of leftover provinces
      Accidental Wars stop- When manually taking provinces two countries may get into accidental wars and problems occur
    • I do not agree , first a nation would not surrender if all their troops or major cities are gone their had been many classes of nations fighting on after they lost their main cities and secondly it will just be a waste to add it you can just go and take the countries province
      • “Wether if we are victorious or defeated what ever we lose hurts us”-hms bismarck
    • Respectfully I disagree as well, first it doesn't make sense either from a realistic or a game play perspective. Second, what if another nation is also at war with the country your fighting? Think of the mess this would create you have troops marching through a province to get to the center and conquer it and all of a sudden the nationality of said province changes, now your troops are stuck unless you have RoW with the new owner and if you try to move its automatic war.This is a horrible prospect I do not want to entertain, no offense...
    • corax wrote:

Respectfully I disagree as well, first it doesn't make sense either from a realistic or a game play perspective. Second, what if another nation is also at war with the country your fighting? Think of the mess this would create you have troops marching through a province to get to the center and conquer it and all of a sudden the nationality of said province changes, now your troops are stuck unless you have RoW with the new owner and if you try to move its automatic war.This is a horrible prospect I do not want to entertain, no offense...
      corax: I agree with you.

I disagree F2Ps idea, because it's not working at all.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • Kranzegrad wrote:

corax wrote:

Respectfully I disagree as well, first it doesn't make sense either from a realistic or a game play perspective. Second, what if another nation is also at war with the country your fighting? Think of the mess this would create you have troops marching through a province to get to the center and conquer it and all of a sudden the nationality of said province changes, now your troops are stuck unless you have RoW with the new owner and if you try to move its automatic war.This is a horrible prospect I do not want to entertain, no offense...
      corax: I agree with you.
      I disagree F2Ps idea, because it's not working at all.
      I agree the idea does not make any sense
      • “Wether if we are victorious or defeated what ever we lose hurts us”-hms bismarck
    • Leader of F2Ps wrote:

If an enemy country has no more troops or cities left and you control ALL their homeland cities you should be able to claim all their leftover provinces and make them yours.

Examples:
      Country A has taken all the cities of Country B, including Country B's homeland cities and Country B has no troops left- Country A can claim all the leftover provinces.

Country A has taken all the cities including all homeland cities of Country B, but Country B still has troops left- Country A cannot claim all of Country B's leftover provinces.

Country A has taken all the cities including all homeland cities of Country B except one which belongs to Country C and Country B has no troops left- No one can claim the leftover provinces of Country B and have to take over manually ( Country A has to get that one homeland city of Country B which is controlled by Country C to claim the leftover provinces).

If the insurgents meet the requirements to claim a country's leftover provinces then they will not be able to claim the provinces.

Why this feature will be useful:
      More Realistic- A real nation would surrender if all their major cities and troops are lost.
      Quicker Games- Many games are made unnecessarily longer because of leftover provinces
      Accidental Wars stop- When manually taking provinces two countries may get into accidental wars and problems occur
      OR ...

We could just have Mutant Camels!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I disagree.

Province & cities equal victory points. Victory points equal gold. So with this proposal you get the victory points and gold for provinces that were not physically taken by your units. You get rewarded for not doing the work basically.

Also, if there are provinces that are near another country's territory, they should be able to take that territory for victory points to further their quest to win the game.

Finally, if the country that is being taken over where in this scenario / proposal the homeland cities are taken, then the country being conquered does not have the opportunity for it's allies in a coalition come and liberate the country by fighting and taking back the homeland cities that have been conquered for their ally. This is a fun, realistic and important aspect of the game.
    • I agree with corax:
      What if someone else (let's call him C) would have taken other cities from said player(not homeland) so the player has no cities left, but hasn't takes most of the surrounding provinces, then the claiming player would have an advantge because he has all those provinces to safely push into the territory the C has taken. Being on friendly territory is an important factor in this game.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres