4x Speed Battleground USA & Flashpoint Games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Oooo, don't enact this request.

I've never actually seen anyone claw their own eyes out before.

But seriously, I am torn at the prospects of this request. While I personally wouldn't play a 4X game if paid to do so (I find the capricious nature of losing a game due to the biological need to sleep abhorrent) I also believe that if Flashpoint were offered in 4X, it might actually reduce the number of people who sign up and immediately quit once they find out that you actually have to have patience and an ability to deny your own immediate gratification beyond that of a 3 year old in order to move in a 1X game. Furthermore, and in deference's to the OP's immensely cool Forum name, I will bring up and say in the one BG USA map I DID play and win, I frequently found myself wishing it was at least 2X because of the absolute dearth of resources (even when compared to Flashpoint)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

While I personally wouldn't play a 4X game if paid to do so (I find the capricious nature of losing a game due to the biological need to sleep abhorrent).

*Furthermore, and in deference's to the OP's immensely cool Forum name....

_____________________________________________________________________________________

While playing a 1x or 4x game my ability to sleep is effected. Waking up, checking the territory, quickly reading all the messages of what happened while I was asleep, etc. Or dealing with worse like an invasion and making quick decisions to deal with it is a challenge.

There are certain defensive strategies and tactics I employ to mitigate as much as possible any overnight surprises.

Likewise, during games I have found strategies and tactics where I can acquire territories quickly which requires more interaction compared to snaking some waypoints with infantry or infantry with some tanks or AFVs around provinces and cities. A set it and forget it type strategy. Which, to be clear I am not knocking. I do the same and it works. Especially if you need to be AFK and in either a 1x or 4x game but pertinent to a 1x game more so IMHO.

Any AFK time with this game is risky. If a 1x fits better for a person who has IRL obligations or responsibilities such as work, family, volunteering, religion, exercise etc. I totally understand.

*Oh and Dealer of Death is one of the best online names with a picture of Gambit for an Avatar IMO. Likewise, quality posts & thoughtful viewpoints. My in game name is a bit silly, un macho. I thought it would be funny having your ass kicked by someone who has a ridiculous name like Butterfly_PeaceLilly.

*The FNG cannot hold a candle or even a lit ciggy to DoD.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Im On Smoko ().

• Im On Smoko wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

*Oh and Dealer of Death is one of the best online names with a picture of Gambit for an Avatar IMO. Likewise, quality posts & thoughtful viewpoints. My in game name is a bit silly, un macho. I thought it would be funny having your ass kicked by someone who has a ridiculous name like Butterfly_PeaceLilly.

*The FNG cannot hold a candle or even a lit ciggy to DoD.

Bro, while I'm honored and flattered by this opinion, in reality, I am no better and hopefully no worse than you or anyone else, I just got here earlier and for a while had a lot of time on my hands. And the funny thing about my name (the same on Discord and in game) is that it wasn't my first, fifth, or tenth choice. In fact, it was the first one of the choices I submitted that was available after about 15 minutes of trying to find one that wasn't taken. In retrospect, I kinda wish I had picked something more low key. Some noobs and others, see the name and think that I think I'm some kind of CoN Badass, others (fortunately I think only a very few) are intimidated. In any case it doesn't suit my play style of trying to stay under everyone's radar for as long as possible.

If Only, my first choice of Archon Prime had been available.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD