Resources Calculator v0.3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Resources Calculator v0.3

Screenshot 2021-05-17 233319.png

Link here! docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…U00ziHAA/edit?usp=sharing
      alt in case someone using it: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…JNzwYiB4/edit?usp=sharing

Hello there again! new version is out and now hosted on google sheet for quick online access. (properly protected ofc)

You can try toying with it and see if the number is match.
      This tool may not be very useful in practical use but maybe can help you decided does it worth to annexed city, building hospital for population or bunker for moral.

Update from v0.1
      - remove dynamic picture due to it does not support on google sheet :< very sad
      - remove interaction check box, slide and drop down. now go full manual. same reason as above
      - remove map selection, all map as far as i know have same base resources but condition that effect it have been listed and toggleable
      - minor Formula break down to see how its got the number.

Screenshot 2021-05-17 233431.png

Notice:
      it do have minor error (It's CoN!), it is expect that the output number would be off around +-100 but still largely accurate.
      the error is expected since a lot of variable is actually rounded number; such as population and moral.
      currently does not support if building have damaged... and I will not do that

Todo list: (probably next year lol)
      - include the province's resources generator
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Great job! Just be aware that there are other hidden variables that skew the numbers beyond the known modifiers for pop size, morale etc.

For instance I have noticed that on flashpoint maps, nations that start with a single supply city have production output values greatly increased to compensate for that. So Manchester, Lisbon, Malaga Algiers will net you better resource output when conquered over supply cities belonging to nations that start with 2 supply cities like Palermo and Florence for Italy or Calais and Nantes for France.

Additionally, cities that belong to NPCs at the start of the map have lower resource output compared to cities that belong to human player at the start of the map when conquered.

Cheers
    • "there are other hidden variables that skew the numbers beyond the known modifiers for pop size, morale etc."

I am aware some of it, option already in the generator.

"For instance I have noticed that on flashpoint maps, nations that start with a single supply city have production output values greatly increased to compensate for that. So Manchester, Lisbon, Malaga Algiers will net you better resource output when conquered over supply cities belonging to nations that start with 2 supply cities like Palermo and Florence for Italy or Calais and Nantes for France."

some city have different starter population which effected the resources.

"Additionally, cities that belong to NPCs at the start of the map have lower resource output compared to cities that belong to human player at the start of the map when conquered."

this one as far as i know, only apply to USA BG map
    • Here is a concrete example to illustrate the point, two cities both status is occupied:
      Map Flashpoint

Malaga: Original nation Spain only has 1 supply city
      Pop: 6.8
      Morale: 71%
      Port lvl1
      Output: 622 supplies

Palermo: Original nation Italy has 2 supply cities
      Pop: 6.9
      Morale: 71%
      Port lvl1
      Airport lvl1
      Output: 493 supplies

The post was edited 1 time, last by corax ().

• And here is another for the NPC cities lesser production output both cities status is occupied one starts as NPC the other as human
      Map: Flashpoint

Atlanta: Original nation USA starts as human
      Pop: 5.6
      Morale: 53%
      No buildings
      Output: 313 components

Port au Prince: Original nation Haiti starts as NPC
      Pop: 5.9
      Morale: 60%
      Port lvl1
      Output: 229 components
    • playbabe wrote:

Screenshot 2021-05-17 233319.png

Link here! docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…U00ziHAA/edit?usp=sharing
      alt in case someone using it: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…JNzwYiB4/edit?usp=sharing

Hello there again! new version is out and now hosted on google sheet for quick online access. (properly protected ofc)

You can try toying with it and see if the number is match.
      This tool may not be very useful in practical use but maybe can help you decided does it worth to annexed city, building hospital for population or bunker for moral.

Update from v0.1
      - remove dynamic picture due to it does not support on google sheet :< very sad
      - remove interaction check box, slide and drop down. now go full manual. same reason as above
      - remove map selection, all map as far as i know have same base resources but condition that effect it have been listed and toggleable
      - minor Formula break down to see how its got the number.

Screenshot 2021-05-17 233431.png

Notice:
      it do have minor error (It's CoN!), it is expect that the output number would be off around +-100 but still largely accurate.
      the error is expected since a lot of variable is actually rounded number; such as population and moral.
      currently does not support if building have damaged... and I will not do that

Todo list: (probably next year lol)
      - include the province's resources generator
      This is a nice little tool, helps me foresee approximately how much resources I will make...
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • playbabe wrote:

seems like some flashpoint exclusive things
      gotta investigate
      I have also found that in a WW3 map. Here are some screenshots. But didn't you include a 3/2 multiplier because some cities need them in the first version? I calculated it with the example I'm having on the screenshot and as far as I remember it was exactly the 3/2 increase for countries with just one homeland city of a certain resource you have mentioned in the first version.

So you don't need to look it up, Thailand (Nakhon) and Myanmar (Myitkyina) both have just one homeland component city and Australia (Brisbane) has two. 2261/1696 =1,3331≈4/3 Ok, apparently the multiplier wasn't 3/2 but 4/3. But because the relationship between these two numbers is so close to this 4/3 Ithink it's safe to assume that that is how they calculate it, the difference is probably because of rounding.
      Files
      • Nakhon.png

(98.71 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )
      • brisbane.png

(101.98 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )
      • Myitkyina.png

(101.7 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • jemandanderes wrote:

playbabe wrote:

thx! as for now the 3/4 multiplayer is named 4x speed
      So this multiplier just has a very odd name? I mean, it's there to make nations with more cities not too strong and not the difference between 1x games and 4x games. I'm confused.
      there is actually the difference in 1x and 4x
      all 4x as far as i know, get the 3/4 multiplier on top
    • playbabe wrote:

jemandanderes wrote:

playbabe wrote:

thx! as for now the 3/4 multiplayer is named 4x speed
      So this multiplier just has a very odd name? I mean, it's there to make nations with more cities not too strong and not the difference between 1x games and 4x games. I'm confused.
      there is actually the difference in 1x and 4xall 4x as far as i know, get the 3/4 multiplier on top
      So in 4x there is no difference between the homeland cities of countries that have 2 cities of a certain resource and homeland cities of countries that have just one city of a said resource, which means that the countries with two cites of said resource on average produce twice as much as a country with just one of those cities?
      a.k.a. jem and and eres