.the devs are bunch of ADD kids who can’t stick to one topic

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• These kinds of prejudices are deeply ingrained in our society and are hard to root out. partly because more then enough men still consider women to be inferior and that they are supposed to be their servants, in and outside of marriage. Many people would assume a doctor to be better at his job, just because of his gender. While in the USA you are inclined to be less believed by a doctor if your skin is darker, not to mention if are a female on top, just to through in an another form of prejudice.

Though our society will also suffer hugh consequences from the current equalisation developement. More and more women are well educated while many men still prefer jobs that are more hands on and need less education. But in regards of partner search, women tend to prefer men who equal or better, while men prefer equal and below, so the pool of potential partners is shrinking on both ends, because of these developements.
    • It seems mildly, yes, only mildly, amusing to me that someone would assume that these are brain software issues (prejudices) and have nothing to do with biochemical hardwiring from millions of years of evolution. I'm sure that all the natural and sexual selection for male leadership has to have had a significant, deep, and lasting impact on our species. Hell, it is probably also even easier TO lead with one's veins coursing with confidence giving testosterone (whether that confidence is deserved or not). And this is not to say in any way that women can't lead, just that it would be ludicrous to discount the evolutionary contribution towards this phenomenon. Another example where the fact that men and women simply aren't equal, but different, rearing it's inconvenient head to digressives. What is the solution? I don't know, but not quotas, and certainly not any Harrison Bergeron tactics.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I don't think quotas are the solution either, especially since it stimulates the 33% monkeys that find material to be even more agressive. Now this said, i will say "i don't think it's a solution" to pretty much everything, i really have no idea of how to fight the phenomena beyond my direct reach.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

It seems mildly, yes, only mildly, amusing to me that someone would assume that these are brain software issues (prejudices) and have nothing to do with biochemical hardwiring from millions of years of evolution. I'm sure that all the natural and sexual selection for male leadership has to have had a significant, deep, and lasting impact on our species. Hell, it is probably also even easier TO lead with one's veins coursing with confidence giving testosterone (whether that confidence is deserved or not). And this is not to say in any way that women can't lead, just that it would be ludicrous to discount the evolutionary contribution towards this phenomenon. Another example where the fact that men and women simply aren't equal, but different, rearing it's inconvenient head to digressives. What is the solution? I don't know, but not quotas, and certainly not any Harrison Bergeron tactics.
      Do you know, why so many people are not faithful? Because monogamy is unnatural, it got indoctrinated by us by religion and culture, but like most species where one gender has the tendency of being bigger than the other, we are polygamic by nature. It got forced onto us, so that the weaker men do not have to be worried, that they don't get their own 'house slave'.

Our leaders these days a mostly psychpaths, that is why we currently running our train onto a cliff. A good leader cares for his 'family', his community. Our leaders only care about themselves, how to make biggest profit for themselves. In the old times such leaders might have been sometimes necessary, but these day hardly anymore.

And in regards of confidence, there is a reason mostly men 'earn' the darwin award. ;)

There was a reason for the old saying: "Behind a strong man is a strong woman"
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Do you know, why so many people are not faithful? Because monogamy is unnatural, it got indoctrinated by us by religion and culture, but like most species where one gender has the tendency of being bigger than the other, we are polygamic by nature. It got forced onto us, so that the weaker men do not have to be worried, that they don't get their own 'house slave'.
      Our leaders these days a mostly psychpaths, that is why we currently running our train onto a cliff. A good leader cares for his 'family', his community. Our leaders only care about themselves, how to make biggest profit for themselves. In the old times such leaders might have been sometimes necessary, but these day hardly anymore.

And in regards of confidence, there is a reason mostly men 'earn' the darwin award. ;)

So, here you argue that leadership by women is unnatural by your same reasoning, and that's why it won't work? I don't think I'd agree with that whole cloth, there are varying degrees in everything. Women on average MAY be disadvantaged for leadership, much in the way they are disadvantaged in reaching 6 feet in height, but it isn't a rule.

This is just speculative opinion by you. What you consider "psychpaths" [sic] I consider "driven", and probably a trait specifically conductive for leading.

And this is just further proof of a natural propensity to lead, or be first in something, even if it does work out for ill (because it was stupid and lethal) it still shows a propensity for trying.

As far as this, Twain said it best:

*** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

So, here you argue that leadership by women is unnatural by your same reasoning, and that's why it won't work? I don't think I'd agree with that whole cloth, there are varying degrees in everything. Women on average MAY be disadvantaged for leadership, much in the way they are disadvantaged in reaching 6 feet in height, but it isn't a rule.
      This is just speculative opinion by you. What you consider "psychpaths" [sic] I consider "driven", and probably a trait specifically conductive for leading.

And this is just further proof of a natural propensity to lead, or be first in something, even if it does work out for ill (because it was stupid and lethal) it still shows a propensity for trying.

As far as this, Twain said it best:

Were did I say, it would be unnatural for a woman to lead? Nothing says a woman can not lead, they would just most likely lead different than a men would, which men tend to consider weak 'leadership'.

It is not a speculative opinion, I read a lot of professionals stating those observation. Also it is pretty obvious, if you see, how a men like Bezos and Trump lead their companies. They are bad leaders, they don't care for the little guys in their company. Many of those people fire thousands of people without even a second thought. I do not need to speculate on that, they prove it again and again. Somebody who is only driven by his own greed, will poison your water to sell you fresh from his source.

It does not show propensity to lead, it shows a propensity of acting first and thinking never, in the worst case, which is pretty bad style of leadership.