.the devs are bunch of ADD kids who can’t stick to one topic

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• M.A.D. MAN wrote:

Wow okay I came back expecting some feedback on my idea but got a social studies lesson instead, listen guys there’s a reason I said “SOLDIER” and not man but we still took it there maybe as a joke but it still went there lmao
      Well, so now you know we're all crazy here, particularly Kalrakh. :)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Mike6133 wrote:

Dracula wrote:

M.A.D. MAN wrote:

Maybe add a soldier standing next to the artillery piece to humanize the artillery guns. To human humanize then a little
      Good idea but there should be two soldiers. I man ,1 woman ,I white and 1 black :)
      There is a major lack of diversity in the officers. They are nearly all white men. I think I saw one Asian man once. No women. No people of color. It is a major oversight and kind of sad.
      Oh, no, not again!
      You do realize the infinitesimal amount of time these images are on screen during a typical game, and that the only "person" image visible almost 100% of the time on screen is a woman?

So if anything, it is MEN who are severely underrepresented by the game especially in terms of % of active military personnel.

woman.jpg
      hahaha there is no way it is the men who are underrepresented. There is 1 female that you have provided and she is 1 character in the game. There are how many officers? Western officers, Eastern officers, and European officers. How many are anything besides a white male? Man you must be really insecure to see anyone but yourself represented everywhere. What % of active military personal are people of color? If you want to talk about that. Then tell me who is over and who is under represented in the game.
    • Mike6133 wrote:

hahaha there is no way it is the men who are underrepresented. There is 1 female that you have provided and she is 1 character in the game. There are how many officers? Western officers, Eastern officers, and European officers. How many are anything besides a white male? Man you must be really insecure to see anyone but yourself represented everywhere. What % of active military personal are people of color? If you want to talk about that. Then tell me who is over and who is under represented in the game.
      Yes, men are underrepresented, because a woman is on screen ALL THE TIME, men are only on screen in the infinitesimally small periods of time you are looking at the tech tree. and besides, it's kinda racist to look at it as white people and people of color, instead of just people.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Kalrakh wrote:

But you hear voices of men most of the time, when you give orders to your troops, if I remember correctly, I tend to have the game muted all the time.

bobqz wrote:

I mute the game too.
      Ditto
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Kalrakh wrote:

But you hear voices of men most of the time, when you give orders to your troops, if I remember correctly, I tend to have the game muted all the time.
      Well technically, you don't KNOW those are male voices. They could be women like Kate Mulgrew, Bea Arthur, Kathleen Turner et al.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Kalrakh wrote:

Does not matter if they are male or male sounding, if they used male looking females as officer it would hardly cut it either.
      You have got to be kidding: reality doesn't matter, only appearance. LOL!
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Humans are a very visual and first impression influenced species, if a voice sounds like form a man, hardly anyway anyone would think: "But maybe it is a woman?"
      Even more when there is no real way to verify it.

It like the german first female chancellor, she is biologically female, but she pretty much acts like all those white old male politicians, so is she really a proof for gender equality?
      Most seem to get tricked by that 'appearence' and believe yes.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Humans are a very visual and first impression influenced species, if a voice sounds like form a man, hardly anyway anyone would think: "But maybe it is a woman?"
      Even more when there is no real way to verify it.

It like the german first female chancellor, she is biologically female, but she pretty much acts like all those white old male politicians, so is she really a proof for gender equality?
      Most seem to get tricked by that 'appearence' and believe yes.
      Still, denying reality for appearances is an illogic beyond sense, and should never be catered to. The German chancellor IS female, so thus in reality it is a proof for gender equality. (if that is your goal) Myself, I believe gender equality is patently ridiculous, because in reality, the genders are not equal, they are different. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. We should strive for as equal a treatment under the law as possible and in opportunities, but never "well we have to have 54% female leaders because women are 54% of the population" equal outcomes.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Kalrakh wrote:

No, it is not real equality. If women only are considered equal as long they behave like men, it can be hardly considered equality, at least not unconditional. ;)

Also it is about equal rights and treatment, not equal behaviour.
      LOL, where is the manual that says how men behave vs how women behave, that concept seems loaded with sexist assumptions. Reality determines reality. So if in fact a woman is a leader, that is a factual step towards equality in female leadership, and no equivocating can change that.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Once in my work, i was wondering why a collaborator ,while being my equal in hierarchy and skills, was struggling so much with some customer relations.

We even had disputes about it : Some issues were seemingly blocked, and when i took the matters in my own hands, they magically were solved quickly. I began to assume that there was somehow something she did wrong.

Hopefully, we enjoyed friendly relations enough to have open minded discussions about it, and i was at fault to find a default to her processes. They were basically "our" processes, dutifully followed. On her side, though, she remarked that in MY exhanges (specifically by mail) with customers were way more cooperative.

For experimentation, we exhanged our mails and signatures, so i would sign as "her", and her as "me".

After 7 days, i was generally "furious" with how roughly a third of people were not taking me seriously, with condescendance, and utmost contempt for my skills, that were constantly put into question, or even more straightforward, i was questioned as if "really" in charge in the negotiation.

Not a very good experience for me, but an insighftul one : the problem of female into leadership and how they may be forced to behave like men is tied to a "significant minority" ( a good third) of utmostly retarded monkey that actively "fight" against female leaders in the first place.

It also made me question how difficult it may be to "reach" leadership position in the first place : If i was hindered 33% like she was, would i be at my position ? On the contrary, if she had it 33% easier like i did, wouldn't she be above me ?

It's less about merit in such a context, but a question of environment. Females shouldn't have to behave like "men" to answer positively to the requirements of the 33% monkeys that advocate for virilist and testosteron-induced leadership. I put mens between "" because... my style wasn't different from my colleague. Our processes were the same. It's just that "because i am a mister, suddenly, my style is more suited".

I do not have a solution for the social problems pertaining to women equality in the work place (and frankly, i have no efficient ideas). However, let's not underestimate a real effect that can be perceived by everyone that is :

- In leadership positions in the workplace
      - Not in the 33% that actively think women have no place in leadership because it's a man's job

And it's a bit sad (to take the example of Merkel) that indeed, a lot of women that enter the arena, are pressured into behaving in a viril way. The incredible irony about it being that we are more and more progressist about it toward MEN and require less and less them to be ideological incarnations of spartans.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.