Deep Thoughts by Smoko, A Strategy to Get Dribbles or Chunks of Gold (I am not criticizing gold users)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Deep Thoughts by Smoko, A Strategy to Get Dribbles or Chunks of Gold (I am not criticizing gold users)

Note: I am not criticizing gold use, please read below.

While on smoko, caressing my lush ginger mullet, I pondered some game play I have seen and thought that these strategies may be to get gold.

Certain games I have played and one I am playing now I noticed this.

First scenario:

I see these players who pick countries that might be out of the way, or large and out of the way. Some examples may include, Canada, Russia, Brazil, UK & USA. They start the game and build up some forces. The game continues, I win like most of the time 8| and at the end of the game there are survivors who get a smidge or dribble of gold. Like some of these ghost countries I mentioned.

Could players who have abstract thinking or nothing better to do, join multiple games to get a trickle of gold by doing as I said above?

Second scenario:

I am currently playing a game where the player who is UK has built combat outposts in almost every province. He has not attacked anything or anyone & is not a member of any coalition. No one has attacked his homeland territory. One game day ago he researched chemical weapons (game day 22). He has just built up arms & local industries and army bases lvl 1 and a couple airports lvl 1, that's it. He hasn't even attacked Ireland yet! How odd.

Is this a fortress of solitude where this player as it stands will win 96 VP's if his island fortress survives to the end of the game?

Ok smoko is over, time to build some Theater Defense SAMs.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Im On Smoko ().