National Guard Needs Nerfing.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• National Guard Needs Nerfing.

Nerf this, nerf that, National Guard need nerfing, its too strong on the attack.

National Guard units are way to powerful. The hit points are outrageous. The damage to both infantry & armor...absurd.

National Guard should be down rated to using tricycles. The upgrades would be sparkly streamers and a bell on the handle bar. Or maybe an electric scooter and squirt guns. That will do.

Maybe down the research line make them submersible. Now that's practical. You ever see a jeep sink in water? DoD, don't answer that question.

We all know those who drive jeeps irl are mostly creeps.

But honestly I thirst for attention. And want to get on the nerf post bandwagon. Or in this case the bandjeep.

I hope my thread competes with the nerfy-est of nerf threads.
    • I'm sure we can manage to do a troll topic where we would explain very reasonably WHY the naval awacs needs to be nerfed.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Well, ...

... if you actually have experience with the US Military the way I have, I was on active duty in the Army during the 1st Gulf war, and in the reserves for a couple years after that and worked with the National Guard, you might not find this thread so amusing.

NGs should be nerfed for realism. The active duty army was fine, and competent, but the NG and reserves were a hopeless bunch of f***ups as I ever seen. Overweight, ignorant, completely undisciplined and unmilitary, and at times downright dangerous to themselves and others. I've seen reservists look down the barrel of a jammed m-16 and then swing it around in arcs across everyone's path like a baton, during LIVE fire exercises.

So, yeah, smoko, you may be onto something.

... NEXT EPISODE: Nerfing the Naval AWACS

EDIT: I was typing this while Opulon posted
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Sorry to ruin this thread by making a serious suggestion, but I would get rid of their Conquer Territory ability, chop the mobilization time and cost in half, and allow them to be produced in rural provinces.

EDIT: Oh, and they should add a new National Guard Officer unit which would be called "Dealer of Death". It'd be more or less the same as the Infantry Officer, except that its Army Boost buff would only affects NG units, and has the special ability of -10 morale factor to any city or province it's stationed in.

The post was edited 2 times, last by WalterChang ().

• "Sorry to actually turn it into a reasonable conversation", teehee

I'm not sure the National Guard actually "needs" to be nerfed, but your proposal at least really puts them on the defensive. If it had more potency for anti-insurgents, they would have a more defined role.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

If it had more potency for anti-insurgents, they would have a more defined role.
      I would suggest that posting NGs in cities should give an increased % chance of an uprising, due to them being...

Dealer of Death wrote:

a hopeless bunch of f***ups as I ever seen. Overweight, ignorant, completely undisciplined and unmilitary, and at times downright dangerous to themselves and others
      ...but at least you would have cheap and easily deployable units on hand to defend against the uprising when it did occur.
    • WalterChang wrote:

Sorry to ruin this thread by making a serious suggestion, but I would get rid of their Conquer Territory ability, chop the mobilization time and cost in half, and allow them to be produced in rural provinces.

EDIT: Oh, and they should add a new National Guard Officer unit which would be called "Dealer of Death". It'd be more or less the same as the Infantry Officer, except that its Army Boost buff would only affects NG units, and has the special ability of -10 morale factor to any city or province it's stationed in.
      PAH! Any "Dealer of Death" unit would Buff MRLS to insane levels of damage and distance. Think "Shell Berlin from D.C."
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• WalterChang wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

PAH! Any "Dealer of Death" unit would Buff MRLS to insane levels of damage and distance. Think "Shell Berlin from D.C."
      For a similar effect, maybe we could just attach the Dealer of Death unit to an ICBM?
      Still sort of FUBAR, more like spawns ICBMS like mech inf spawns UGV
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Sorry to ruin this thread by making a serious suggestion, but I would get rid of their Conquer Territory ability, chop the mobilization time and cost in half, and allow them to be produced in rural provinces.

I totally support this...hope you hit some treehuggers that ban my Diesel cars
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • WalterChang wrote:

Is this a joke?If yes, you shouldn't start a joke with saying you are serious.

If no, the Conquer Territory ability is the main reason to make NG: to have a cheap thing that can conquer the provinces before your artillery enters them. Removing it would be like removing the airborne feature from airborne infantry.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • jemandanderes wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Is this a joke?If yes, you shouldn't start a joke with saying you are serious.
      If no, the Conquer Territory ability is the main reason to make NG: to have a cheap thing that can conquer the provinces before your artillery enters them. Removing it would be like removing the airborne feature from airborne infantry.
      Well, the idea would be to change the main reason to make NG: from a cheap thing to conquer provinces to an extra-fast mobilizing emergency defence unit.