How much damage do retreating units take?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WalterChang wrote:

It's quite a lot.

If you've got more than 1 unit in your stack when you decide to retreat, you're probably going to lose at least 1 of them. The upside is that you don't lose all of them by continuing a losing fight.
      it's seem to be some % of HP left.
      there's a trick to retreating unit individually or a portion from stack instead of whole stack to avoid unit lost from retreating damage.
      down side is you will left over with ton of extremely low HP units.

kurtvonstein wrote:

I once had a guy who was always running away from my ships with retreating...really annyoning because you cannot attack him for quite a while
      lmao I love when people do that so my ship don't have to waste time damaging stack of 20 transport ship
      my trick is just to also get my ship ahead to the center of sea province they are retreating to
      Unit will exist retreating state after reaching one center province
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD

The post was edited 2 times, last by playbabe ().

• in 2018, i remember very fondly how i discovered that retreat damade was relative to the Stack HP's and not to the damages of the group it's engaged with.

my stack of cruisers, full health, was somehow blocked in close combat with a remaining transport ( i engaged close combat because the opfor had a superior navy, and i wanted to ensure i killed as many units as possible before he arrived).

So i was like "ok, i'll retreat, take some damages, what can happen, it's only a single transport with 0.4 HP over 12"

*2 cruiser immediatly sink*

My shame is only equal to the feeling that i was amongst the 0.1% that faced with such thing, don't immediatly do a forum thread to claim the game sucks and is broken, refund the free game.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Honestly, I never used the "retreat" function, because I assumed I'd get screwed harder than a lug nut at the Indianapolis 500
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Opulon wrote:

in 2018, i remember very fondly how i discovered that retreat damade was relative to the Stack HP's and not to the damages of the group it's engaged with.

my stack of cruisers, full health, was somehow blocked in close combat with a remaining transport ( i engaged close combat because the opfor had a superior navy, and i wanted to ensure i killed as many units as possible before he arrived).

So i was like "ok, i'll retreat, take some damages, what can happen, it's only a single transport with 0.4 HP over 12"

*2 cruiser immediatly sink*

My shame is only equal to the feeling that i was amongst the 0.1% that faced with such thing, don't immediatly do a forum thread to claim the game sucks and is broken, refund the free game.
      Yeah, can be very expensive :D