What are better countries to start with in Rising Tides?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Im On Smoko wrote:

Do the tides keep rising or is the map just different with more water not rising, and interesting countries vs the WWIII map.
      The map is just different.

And about the countries, I wouldn't say there are many differences between them, they tried to make them as fair as possible by splitting up big countries, fusing adjacent small countries and also taking land away from big countries.
      Most countries have 5 cities, some 6 and only very few have 7.
      The ones with more cities have them on average more spaced out in comparison to close countries.

So you have to look for countries with a rather small size for their city count. But it's really balanced the differences aren't as big as in other maps, especially WW3.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • jemandanderes wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

Do the tides keep rising or is the map just different with more water not rising, and interesting countries vs the WWIII map.
      The map is just different.
      And about the countries, I wouldn't say there are many differences between them, they tried to make them as fair as possible by splitting up big countries, fusing adjacent small countries and also taking land away from big countries.
      Most countries have 5 cities, some 6 and only very few have 7.
      The ones with more cities have them on average more spaced out in comparison to close countries.

So you have to look for countries with a rather small size for their city count. But it's really balanced the differences aren't as big as in other maps, especially WW3.

I chose Finland.

Sweden beat me to the victory site near my country. But he is in my coalition now & a seemingly good player ?(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Im On Smoko ().