Is there going to be a World War 3 game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there going to be a World War 3 game?

Hello there, I intended to build a game in the style of World War 3, with good-looking but non-realistic graphics (I'm not sure what it's called).

I'm not sure who you'd play as: a regular American struggling to make ends meet, a soldier fighting in the war, or a world leader in charge of the conflict.

What would the gameplay be like, too? Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
      router-net.com/pt

The post was edited 1 time, last by viper22 ().

• First of all I think this thread actually belongs into Off Topic, if it even belongs into this forum.

Then you need to know that coding of games is not easy to learn and even if you can it's still takes a long time:
      For example current games have yearlong development and they have way more than just one person working on it as a full time job.
      But first you need to know what kind of game you want to make:
      A 3D game is probably the most laborious kind you can make and is very likely going to take you many years.
      A 2D action game (I mean a game where you have to react fast) can have high quality graphics, but also low quality ones. You should probably settle on low quality. But creating a full game still takes very long. You could use something like scratch, where you can create simple games rather easily, that would make it way less time consuming.
      A 2D strategy game would be very easy to code, as long as you are ok with just showing some data on the screen, but that doesn't seem to be what you want. Of course if you keep it simple implementing some graphics wouldn't be that hard, but if you want to create a game like CoN you need to put a lot time into graphics and game mechanics, that would again be like a full time job.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres