European Doctrine Stealth Bomber

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• European Doctrine Stealth Bomber

Hello,

This is something that has bugged me for quite some time. The Stealth Bomber unit in the European Doctrine is completely messed up. The unit is the SR-71 Blackbird.

This remarkable aircraft was used by the USAF in the 20th Century as a spy plane. It was incredibly fast (the fastest thing on earth in its' time) and effective. However, its' place in CoN is terrible!

Firstly, it has not been operated since 1999.
      Second, it was operated ONLY by the United States Air Force and NASA. So it was never operated by any other nation, let alone a European country.
      Third, and most importantly, it was a spyplane, NOT a bomber! No SR-71 was ever built that was even capable of carrying any type of payload or bomb!

This unit desperately needs to be replaced with an actual bomber, preferably on still used today and by European nations.

-GB
      Rangers alliance is recruiting players of all experience levels! DM GreenBeret#1439 on Discord to learn more.
    • I just don't get this. I have fun, but in no way feel this is the type of immersion style game, so, the counters (icon or names) don't matter to me at all, especially in light of bigger problems like the drop-out rates. You could have a clown-face with "stealth bomber" written on it, and I'd still enjoy this game the same amount. (possibly more) because I look at this as a strategy game, not a simulator.

And anyhow, sometimes something may not actually exist within a "doctrine", then what? Do like Dorado has done and jam something/anything in there? Or should they just make crap up?

Introducing, ... The Weyhoun U-DvM Stealth Bomber!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

I just don't get this. I have fun, but in no way feel this is the type of immersion style game, so, the counters (icon or names) don't matter to me at all, especially in light of bigger problems like the drop-out rates. You could have a clown-face with "stealth bomber" written on it, and I'd still enjoy this game the same amount. (possibly more) because I look at this as a strategy game, not a simulator.

And anyhow, sometimes something may not actually exist within a "doctrine", then what? Do like Dorado has done and jam something/anything in there? Or should they just make crap up?

I understand that people's priorities and reasons for playing the game widely vary. However, you are going to the opposite of what you seem to view as an extreme. Dorado could have, for example, simply used a stealth bomber used in Europe from other regions of the planet. I see no reason for you to take such offense at a simple suggestion to improve the quality of the game.
      Rangers alliance is recruiting players of all experience levels! DM GreenBeret#1439 on Discord to learn more.
    • GreenBeret- wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I just don't get this. I have fun, but in no way feel this is the type of immersion style game, so, the counters (icon or names) don't matter to me at all, especially in light of bigger problems like the drop-out rates. You could have a clown-face with "stealth bomber" written on it, and I'd still enjoy this game the same amount. (possibly more) because I look at this as a strategy game, not a simulator.

I understand that people's priorities and reasons for playing the game widely vary. However, you are going to the opposite of what you seem to view as an extreme. Dorado could have, for example, simply used a stealth bomber used in Europe from other regions of the planet. I see no reason for you to take such offense at a simple suggestion to improve the quality of the game.
      LOL! Ho brother, I'm not offended, in fact if you critically examine my post, you will see that I'm saying what they did is really no big deal, and maybe YOU shouldn't take it so hard. Offended, ... LOL!
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

GreenBeret- wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

LOL! Ho brother, I'm not offended, in fact if you critically examine my post, you will see that I'm saying what they did is really no big deal, and maybe YOU shouldn't take it so hard. Offended, ... LOL!
      DoD if one wanted to offend you how would one go about doing that? :P
    • sundance175 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I'm not sure. Quite a while back I stopped giving people the power to control how I feel. Being offended is the ultimate act of surrendering your own mind to the power of another. So, to answer your question, I'd say your best bet is a time machine.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

sundance175 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I'm not sure. Quite a while back I stopped giving people the power to control how I feel. Being offended is the ultimate act of surrendering your own mind to the power of another. So, to answer your question, I'd say your best bet is a time machine.
      That's good advice.
    • sundance175 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

sundance175 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

That's good advice.
      Almost any time you see what might appear to be outrage from me, well it's just internet schtick. I'm really a pretty mellow laid back dude.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• GreenBeret- wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

As a huge fan of military aircraft, I completely agree that the sr-71 blackbird was not used by European powers and the Vulcan hasn't been used in the past 3 decades either (I have stated this earlier about a year ago and was verbally shot down for stating that fact). Also, I find it funny that people are making fun of this idea when Melliodas 96 (known as Melliodas Gaming on his Youtube channel, the guy who beat City Gamer), one of the most iconic players of the game states that he appreciates the beauty of the weapons and troops in the game are real. Also, any true gamer knows to appreciate the details of a game.
    • Job_ee wrote:

GreenBeret- wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

As a huge fan of military aircraft, I completely agree that the sr-71 blackbird was not used by European powers and the Vulcan hasn't been used in the past 3 decades either (I have stated this earlier about a year ago and was verbally shot down for stating that fact). Also, I find it funny that people are making fun of this idea when Melliodas 96 (known as Melliodas Gaming on his Youtube channel, the guy who beat City Gamer), one of the most iconic players of the game states that he appreciates the beauty of the weapons and troops in the game are real. Also, any true gamer knows to appreciate the details of a game.
      OK, now I have a tough time taking you serious, citing Melliodas. Melliodas may be a valid presence of a youtuber, but his understanding and command of the game are suspect at best, and that horrorshow between him and the clueless city gamer was excellent as a PR piece, but had nothing to do with the actual game.

And I do appreciate the details of the game, it's just you think the details are pretty pictures and names, and I think the details are attack and defense numbers and mechanics.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• How about this..

Horten H.XVIII

The Horten H.XVIII was a proposed German World War II intercontinental bomber, designed by the Horten brothers. The unbuilt H.XVIII represented, in many respects, a scaled-up version of the Horten Ho 229, a prototype jet fighter. The H.XVIII was one of many proposed designs for an Amerikabomber, and would have carried sufficient fuel for transatlantic flights. The XVIIIA variant, with its wood structure, buried engines in the fuselage, flying wing design and carbon-based glue component, would have been, in theory, the first stealth bomber in history.

or this..

BAC Stealth Concorde-Bomber (Bombcorde)

or this..

Airbus ZeroE Stealth Bomber Concept lol..
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

GreenBeret- wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

OK, now I have a tough time taking you serious, citing Melliodas. Melliodas may be a valid presence of a youtuber, but his understanding and command of the game are suspect at best, and that horrorshow between him and the clueless city gamer was excellent as a PR piece, but had nothing to do with the actual game.
      And I do appreciate the details of the game, it's just you think the details are pretty pictures and names, and I think the details are attack and defense numbers and mechanics.
      So you're saying you can do better? That's not arrogant at all...
    • It's not really arrogance if its true tho; the ppl doing YT stuff usually aren't topskilled competetive players with intesive knowledge of the game and its mechanics (they tend to be somewhere around average usually) ... and thats fine cuz at the end of the day they don't need to be superskilled to make a good video
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Job_ee wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

OK, now I have a tough time taking you serious, citing Melliodas. Melliodas may be a valid presence of a youtuber, but his understanding and command of the game are suspect at best, and that horrorshow between him and the clueless city gamer was excellent as a PR piece, but had nothing to do with the actual game.And I do appreciate the details of the game, it's just you think the details are pretty pictures and names, and I think the details are attack and defense numbers and mechanics.
      Arrogant? Have you actually watched his videos???? He doesn't suck, but he IS not even the middle of good. Sure he knows a few tricks from playing a bunch, but his strategy, unit selection, etc. all scream he is no Alexander, hell he's not even Alexander's cousin's neighbor's friend's sister.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• GreenBeret- wrote:

This remarkable aircraft was used by the USAF in the 20th Century as a spy plane. It was incredibly fast (the fastest thing on earth in its' time) and effective. However, its' place in CoN is terrible!

____________________________________________________________________________________

If my memory serves me right & the information I have read & watched is correct. The Sr-71 was used by the CIA, opposed to the USAF, where US Airforce & possibly Navy piloted were recruited to fly missions for the CIA.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

OK, now I have a tough time taking you serious, citing Melliodas. Melliodas may be a valid presence of a youtuber, but his understanding and command of the game are suspect at best, and that horrorshow between him and the clueless city gamer was excellent as a PR piece, but had nothing to do with the actual game.And I do appreciate the details of the game, it's just you think the details are pretty pictures and names, and I think the details are attack and defense numbers and mechanics.
      Arrogant? Have you actually watched his videos???? He doesn't suck, but he IS not even the middle of good. Sure he knows a few tricks from playing a bunch, but his strategy, unit selection, etc. all scream he is no Alexander, hell he's not even Alexander's cousin's neighbor's friend's sister.
      Yes I have. Have you? For starters, in his war against city gamer, it takes an extreme amount of coordination, skill, strategy, and many of the ins and outs of the game and how he put all of them into play as synchronized and flawless as he did is no small feat, even though he clearly outclassed his opponents. Not to mention his recent naval battle he had or his Serbian Empire videos. So you really think you can beat him? You should challenge him sometime if you're so confident that he's the push over you say he is.
    • Job_ee wrote:

Yes I have. Have you? For starters, in his war against city gamer, it takes an extreme amount of coordination, skill, strategy, and many of the ins and outs of the game and how he put all of them into play as synchronized and flawless as he did is no small feat, even though he clearly outclassed his opponents. Not to mention his recent naval battle he had or his Serbian Empire videos. So you really think you can beat him? You should challenge him sometime if you're so confident that he's the push over you say he is.
      Then obviously you have never seen good game play. Even the Devs have commented on his middle of the road ability, but they praise him for what he does do well: bring exposure to the game. I wouldn't dream of challenging someone in a public match for bragging rights when it can be so heavily swayed by purchases, it proves nothing. The only way it would work is in an alliance no gold challenge, and I am not yet in an alliance. But again, I never said he was a push over, just middle of the road.
      The KING of CoN News!!!