allies sharing resources

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• allies sharing resources

It will be great if allies can share resources for free, if we put a deal in the market for trading then other people might buy it. for an example, if i put up a sell deal up there for 1000 components for 5$ each to sell to my allies and then if other people put a buy deal 1000 components for 5$ each too then it will automatically give it to that person, it did cause a lotta problems in games, i see tons of people talking about sharing resources for free with allies in discord servers, it would be great if we can share resources with allies for free.
    • commander_alb wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

commander_alb wrote:

in Supremacy 1914 you could exchange resources, provinces and even military units with whoever you were at least in peace status. I don't understand why they didn't replicate that here
      cuz this a different game??
      It only differs on the era when it is set. But the game mechanic is the very same
      There are substantial differences, I believe (I do not know S1914 myself, but have seen here veteran players discuss distinc mechanics).
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Zemunelo wrote:

How to stop cheating if resource sharing between allies is allowed?
      This probably isn't the sort of answer you expected, but it needs to be part of the conversation.

One way to stop cheating is changing the rules to redefine what is and isn't "cheating".

Players in games that allow resource, unit, etc. sharing aren't cheating when they share resources, units, etc.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

This probably isn't the sort of answer you expected, but it needs to be part of the conversation.
      One way to stop cheating is changing the rules to redefine what is and isn't "cheating".

Players in games that allow resource, unit, etc. sharing aren't cheating when they share resources, units, etc.
      I am sorry but that is naive.
      You can easely cheat in free game. Nothing will stop you from entering the same game with several different accounts.
      With that approach you can:
      1. Expand in early game very easily.
      2. Use other accounts to attack real players who are a treat to you with all starting units those accounts have.

And you even want more free resources in the process?
      I am not saying you're cheating just to be clear. Just answering.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

This probably isn't the sort of answer you expected, but it needs to be part of the conversation.One way to stop cheating is changing the rules to redefine what is and isn't "cheating".

I am sorry but that is naive.You can easely cheat in free game. Nothing will stop you from entering the same game with several different accounts.
      With that approach you can:
      2. Use other accounts to attack real players who are a treat to you with all starting units those accounts have.

What you wrote here isn't a counter argument for what I wrote earlier.
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Nothing will stop you from entering the same game with several different accounts.
      Actually Dorado will stop you harshly on that.But, as KFG already mentioned, this is not really relevant to the topic at hand.
      Lol, ikr, my friend was at my home using my wifi to join games with me but he cant. Just try urself... or better not
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • You can easely do it on different devices with different IP addresses. Not to mention VPN. I don't want to advocate for that so I will not say more. And no, they can't do anything about it. Even if they could it would be too late meaning a cheater would ruin the game experience for all those people in the game.

And yes it is the argument because this is the main reason for them not allowing resource sharing.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

This probably isn't the sort of answer you expected, but it needs to be part of the conversation.One way to stop cheating is changing the rules to redefine what is and isn't "cheating".
      I am sorry but that is naive.You can easely cheat in free game. Nothing will stop you from entering the same game with several different accounts.With that approach you can:

What you wrote here isn't a counter argument for what I wrote earlier.
      I have more time now, so I'll try to clarify.

Game designers/owners/operators can create *any* rules (or non-rules) they want.

If Dorado decides to change their rules to allow resource-sharing, then resource-sharing stops being cheating.

Breaking rules is bad, but you can't break a rule that doesn't exist (if the current rule were changed).
    • Zemunelo wrote:

If I use 5 accounts to create a coalition and share resources to main account it is game abuse and cheating.
      Regardless if it is allowed or not.
      Luckily they would never allow it by any rule.
      I remember resource sharing between allies questions when big G was answering on the forum.
      The answer was NO, explanation cheating.
      No it's not abuse if a game's rules allow it.

I'm not talking about the CoN rules we have today. I'm talking about the rules we might have.

What part of this confuses you?

You might want to impose what you imagine is "proper" behavior, but your opinions don't change game rules.

Dorado sets and changes (or doesn't) the rules of their game.

Other companies set the rules for their games.

Supremacy1914 is a different game from CoN, and has different rules.

What might be cheating in CoN might not be cheating in Supremacy1914 (or in a future, modified CoN).
    • I think that allies sharing resources is a good idea, especially considering the hassle of getting resources to your friends or even people in your coalition in a game. You have to make sure you're both online (unless you risk it), figure out all the details (amount, price, etc.) and hope that anyone besides your "customer" is also online, looking at market, and about to buy those precious resources you put up for your friend/teammate. Factor in the fact that most times your "customer" has to reload the entire game to even see the offer, and it's very difficult to get that done.

I also get, like @Zemunelo, that this feature can be abused, but if this were to be incorporated into the game, there would be ways to prevent such abuse. It's literally basic common sense.
      "Sometimes, a coalition is not seen as a way to make real allies, but to simply decrease the amount of possible enemies you can have."

"I am forever in debt of a combat outpost." - me