WMD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• As much as i'd love to have countries declare war on me as I kill millions of people of people via radiation and chemical bombs, could someone explain to me how contamination would play out on a map?

Would it leave a cloud of toxic gas (or radiation) that units would get hurt moving through or... what? I don't know if it's in the tutorial or not ( I didn't see the tutorial ) but I think it would benefit me and various other players to learn how they played out before we end up green.
    • Well basically the WMD kills or damages the population, buildings and units in the area. There is a nice animation and then a large contamination marker is placed upon the city. It must be cleaned up over time or else the city will remain miserable. I can post more mechanical detail tomorrow but now I need some sleep ;)
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Well basically the WMD kills or damages the population, buildings and units in the area. There is a nice animation and then a large contamination marker is placed upon the city. It must be cleaned up over time or else the city will remain miserable. I can post more mechanical detail tomorrow but now I need some sleep ;)
      Thanks for replying, that's all I really needed to know. Nice touch with WMD, really adds another dynamic to gameplay. Clean consistent conquering or wiping out a country side and waiting it out? I assume AI countries will declare war on you less hesitantly if you use WMD, but you can confirm or deny that after you get some sleep.
    • The idea is indeed to have the AI react to these issues differently - right now AI is not yet optimized and very-very beta... so don't expect them to make sense always.
      (but then again looking at recent world events - country leaders seemingly don't need to make sense any longer ;)
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf