New AI changes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New AI changes

I generally like all the AI changes, it makes it more of a challenge.

Let me say I don’t see an issue if AI countries even established their own coalitions. Sharing of info ‘between’ different AI countries is not a problem.

But a few aspects concern me:
      1. The AI ‘knows’ from user time in the game, when to launch an attack. Invariably this is when users are asleep, and the system knows when someone is unable to respond. This is unrealistic compared to normal intel.
      2. Even if you don’t attack any larger states or countries, and only attack a few small, one city countries, sometimes the AI countries gang up on you. And once one declares war, it compounds from there. For example, in a Battleground USA game, if I’m Michigan and I attack and take Indiana and Wisconsin, then Kentucky and West Virginia, I can understand why e.g. Ohio would declare war against me at some point, but to have Ohio, then New York, then North Carolina, then Louisiana, then Ontario, then Minnesota, then Texas all declare war in rapid succession, it makes it unrealistically hard when you have several neighboring states much less others away from you, all ganging up at once. Being at war with them is not such an issue but the resulting time (several days) it takes to pacify a conquered city when you have so many declaring war against you, makes it unfair. This is not realistic if everywhere was run by humans.
      3. For the second time recently, the AI for a non-neighboring state (I was at war with) knew exactly where my aircraft were patrolling hundreds of miles away, and launched an attack with its fighter to shoot my aircraft down. This was uninitiated and in at least one case, the AI had no logical reason to know where my aircraft were at, even if they were allied with another AI nation nearby. AI units should not have magic, real time intel that a human country wouldn’t have.
    • Not sure, what you mean with recent AI changes.

I have the feeling you overestimate the AI, yes it is 'all knowing'. It always knows where your units are and which provinces/cities are empty, but that is pretty much it.
      Everything is coincidental, if I did not miss a huge change. The AI is quite stupid in this game, does not even know the difference between infantry and a recon.
    • Hertenjager wrote:

Thanks for the response. It’s useful to know definitively that the AI countries were not designed to be compartmentalized, individual nations and that ‘they’ really constitute one big coalition.
      No, that is wrong. They are not one big coalition. Every country has its own 'AI', but they are far from being any kind of advanced AI by default. Just a few script codes that get activated a few times a day.