I Have Improved Kurtvonstein's Idea of Zombie, er, um Homeless Farming.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ewac123 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

you need to add a Uav to make it more like a science experiment
      I considered that, but where to put it? Over the Homeless encampment? But then as soon as they pop up, my MRLS would start firing on it. I wanted to give them a little wiggle room to stretch their legs.
      I'd put the mrl on hold fire, take a quick peek, move UAV away, then restart mrl aggressive mode
      That kind of defeats the "totally automated" concept design.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • OK, so my zombie game ended badly.

It may not look like it from this:
      -
      3rd Zombie 1st Victory1.jpg

But it was the "HOW" as to why it ended badly.

First of all, for the better part of 5 days, my remaining coalition partner had been doing nothing. Well nothing except letting his territory go native and spawn zombies that were invading my territory. He was a surly dude and we had previously got into small arguments over territory so I didn't want to step on his toes and reclaim "his" territory taken. The net upshot was I was devoting quite a lot of resources and units, merely keeping the zombie hordes out of my territory.

Then things got worse. The "high rank" alliance, turns out to be headed by a cool dude, unfortunately, his partner is a raving a-hole psycho. I had had ships and units sitting off a completely zombie infested iceland waiting to invade, but I set units from the philippines all the way over because what I had there, wouldn't be able to hold. So orders taking a long time to execute. In the meantime, cuba (the flaming a-hole) starts conquering cuba while I'm offline, my units arrive and take another zombie city, still while I'm offline (4x) and he proceeds to throw a temper tantrum thinking I'm jumping his claim.

OK, OK, not big deal, but he proceeds to sink my carrier group as well. I mean clearly all this happens while I'm offline.
      So I bring my Atlantic fleet over, pound his iceland conquests and it all reverts back to zombies. Now I'm way bigger than him but my units are spread out all over the world, and what he did have over me was a better fleet. 15 max cruisers mixed with 3 frigates and 2 destroyers come calling at my Phillipine homeland. I throw everything I had at it and get pretty beat up there as well, and he manages to pound a little on 1 home city before he veers off. Thank god for elite subs.

Anyhow, it's at this point, I realize he could pound all my home cities to dust before I could do anything about that. So I pulled the trigger. I was already 575 points above a solo victory, so I started relocating my capital (backup measure) and withdrew from the coalition. 1st time I'ver ever done the withdrawal for a win thing. Felt dirty.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• 3rd Zombie 1st Victory4small.jpg=

The good news IS, the zombie farm was still operating 100% automated and going strong!

3rd Zombie zombiew farm.jpg
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• kurtvonstein wrote:

I will chekc you Zombies stats...if you beat 5 Milion
      Well, I had to end the game prematurely, otherwise I would have ecllipsed 5 million (albeit, in a much longer time frame) but still a respectable total.

3rd Zombie Zombie count.jpg
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• kurtvonstein wrote:

I will chekc you Zombies stats...if you beat 5 Milion

Well, I had to end the game prematurely, otherwise I would have ecllipsed 5 million (albeit, in a much longer time frame) but still a respectable total.

3rd Zombie Zombie count.jpg
      No, not at all, and YOU weren't farming, you were ranching, AND I was basically working from ONE city.
      I have the superior and much more eco friendly approach.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• nearly 5 Mio with 1 City...thats interestingly effective (deducting the occasional revolt)...but you missed to evolve your approach into going big. Your apporach seems purely scientifical without the mass production effect...you should have had 10 or better 100 zombie cities...

Well anyway. Congratulations and thanks for leaving me the official "godfather of Zombie" crown...

why did you finish the game? it sounded entertaining...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• kurtvonstein wrote:

nearly 5 Mio with 1 City...thats interestingly effective (deducting the occasional revolt)...but you missed to evolve your approach into going big. Your apporach seems purely scientifical without the mass production effect...you should have had 10 or better 100 zombie cities...

Well anyway. Congratulations and thanks for leaving me the official "godfather of Zombie" crown...

That's exactly what I'm planning for my next zombie foray. This was zombie farm, next will be zombie plantation!
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• kurtvonstein wrote:

Because, in addition to my coalition partner going AWOL and being cannibalized by zombies with them beginning to spill over into my lands, there was a player who had almost nothing except 4 stacks of 5 max cruisers and 2 stack of maxed mixed Frigates and Destroyers who was about to jeopardize my win. So I pulled the trigger.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

nearly 5 Mio with 1 City...thats interestingly effective (deducting the occasional revolt)...but you missed to evolve your approach into going big. Your apporach seems purely scientifical without the mass production effect...you should have had 10 or better 100 zombie cities...

That's exactly what I'm planning for my next zombie foray. This was zombie farm, next will be zombie plantation!
      yeah...sounds good. maybe next time the devs will provide us with evolving zombies...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Well thats sounded liek a challenge...sinking this fleet and getting some good ship kills (as oyu dont get them from A.I)
      Normally yes, but he sunk a nice chunk of my fleet while I was AFK and there was no time/or resources to build a counter before he would have been able to pulverize my home cities. Like I said, this was almost all he had, but I had over 250 units spread all over the world.
      The KING of CoN News!!!