I Have Improved Kurtvonstein's Idea of Zombie, er, um Homeless Farming.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I Have Improved Kurtvonstein's Idea of Zombie, er, um Homeless Farming.

Kurt has put up a thread Experiment: Zombifying Africa which he refers to in other posts as zombie farming.

But it is untrue. What he was doing is little more than Zombie hunting, (Some "Godfather of the Undead). Creating a nature preserve in Africa of zombies and hunting them for sport like a caveman would.

However, I have created the first fully automated zombie, er, um Homeless Farm and find it much more efficient, and actually a "farm".

As you can see in the picture below, the zom, um, Homeless city only has 2 main paths branching off from it, and aminor sub branch. At the terminous of each branch is a Tank Destroyer, AFV, and Infantry*, nestled in a Combat outpost to deal with any zombies coming their way automatically. The sub-branch has a Tank destroyer, and RCV to block, and behind them an MRLS to target any zom, homeless coming their way. There is even an airfield nearby, in case extraordinary measures are needed to be brought in quickly. A truly self sustaining and automated Homeless farm. Soon, upgrades will be installed, including SAMs and counterspies to prevent outside sabotage of the outposts, and field hospitals for automatic healing.
      -
      Zombie Farm.jpg
      -
      *- technically, one of these infantry is temporarily away on cleanup detail from my ally's inattentiveness.
      -
      Of course, running such an enterprise has it's consequences, including sacrificing domestic tranquility at home:
      -

p0908.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • jemandanderes wrote:

Can't you avoid needing to use field hospitals by just using Attack Helicopters?
      I haven't researched Attack helos yet, I researched gunships and elites all the way out
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• I was monitoring my news section hoping to get updates on our farming experiences and nothing popped up...until now...

I have read it and I applause you to your...uhm...lets call it industrialized farming approach.

My approach was to see how long the homeless need to populate a given area. Its liek watchin bacteria grow in a controleld lab environment. See how chance made them choose there path of living and striving.
      Surely I was abit disappointed how players tried interfere with my experiment. Beleive it or not they tried to defend themselves and started killing some of the breeding Zombies in africa. Therefore I had to interfere and destroy all of there heavy weaponry leaving them with nothing but infantry...

Is this cruel? Is it inhuman? Or is it just thenext step to evolution?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Does the building respawn or is the efficiency of the farm limited by the fact, that you destroyed the homeless factory? Or was it indestructible by attacks, I can't remember.
      I have not destroyed the hive, so they continuously produce
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• zombie farming.jpg
      Zomb, er Homeless farm in action. It spawns 2 units at a time, the MRLS pounds it until it reaches one of the combat outposts (usually by then only 1 unit left), THEN the zom, er, homeless person kills himself on the outpost, and if he inflicts any damage, the field hospital heals it.

All without any intervention required by me.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• kurtvonstein wrote:

I will chekc you Zombies stats...if you beat 5 Milion
      Not quite a fair competition. You had countless wild hordes to hunt on a huge reservation. I have an automated controlled zombie farm. Mine is a concept test.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• kurtvonstein wrote:

I am very CO² and environmental friendly with my farming approach...letting them roam freely...only organic food...
      Pah, your approach is an environmental disaster. Utilizing unsustainably large areas of land per zom, homeless units. MINE is the eco friendly method.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• ewac123 wrote:

you need to add a Uav to make it more like a science experiment
      I considered that, but where to put it? Over the Homeless encampment? But then as soon as they pop up, my MRLS would start firing on it. I wanted to give them a little wiggle room to stretch their legs.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

you need to add a Uav to make it more like a science experiment
      I considered that, but where to put it? Over the Homeless encampment? But then as soon as they pop up, my MRLS would start firing on it. I wanted to give them a little wiggle room to stretch their legs.
      I'd put the mrl on hold fire, take a quick peek, move UAV away, then restart mrl aggressive mode
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."