Idea for the sea

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Idea for the sea

I have Been thinking a lot recently and wondered about the sea on the maps and one thing i always noticed is Fog of war it a real pain when ur trying to find enemy units moving through i think tbh that we should be able to conquer the sea like we do land although it may not count towards VPS but it would allow us to see around all our coastal area and anywhere we conquer so we could see the enemy i mean focusing on land is the main objective but it would be nice to see the med all lit up what do you guys think ?
      fairness is kindness
    • I don't think that having the level of intelligence you have in a province or city owned by you o the sea makes much sense. Land is something a lot of people live on, while there are only some people in coastal waters and next to no people who could spot enemy ships in high seas. Of course having people suddenly switch sides when one infantry unit is at a specific point is also not logical, but that just is something games have to simplify. Seeing ships approaching while they are still in high seas only because you have been there once doesn't make much sense.

A realistic solution would be satellites, which would have to cost a lot to research, a lot to launch, but should in return give sporadic and moving intelligence. This is not my idea, someone else proposed that in an other thread.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • TORNADOCHASER22 wrote:

I have Been thinking a lot recently and wondered about the sea on the maps and one thing i always noticed is Fog of war it a real pain when ur trying to find enemy units moving through i think tbh that we should be able to conquer the sea like we do land although it may not count towards VPS but it would allow us to see around all our coastal area and anywhere we conquer so we could see the enemy i mean focusing on land is the main objective but it would be nice to see the med all lit up what do you guys think ?
      Lol, what is your justification for this? With land, you can assume there are people there in the conquered land reporting intelligence. In the sea, what are you doing to provide this? Leaving a dude in every sector in a rowboat with a set of binoculars and a radio? Or do you just expect your Warcraft-esque Paladin spell of Holy Vision to reveal everything???
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Lol that is Exactly what i was thinking how did you know lol no but if you were in the uk or even usa or some other place you could see a ship by far for a very long distance without radars or anything my point is not enough is visible and you could take a sea province and set up a ship with a huge radius like a Radar ship i mean that satellite idea is pretty good but my point is to much is fog of war it should be a bit less like 1 of the sea province around your border should be clear and then the next one out is dark fog of war i mean also by doing that people would more likely take time to build more ships up and it would cause bigger navy battles than just land based huge battles
      fairness is kindness
    • TORNADOCHASER22 wrote:

Lol that is Exactly what i was thinking how did you know lol no but if you were in the uk or even usa or some other place you could see a ship by far for a very long distance without radars or anything my point is not enough is visible and you could take a sea province and set up a ship with a huge radius like a Radar ship i mean that satellite idea is pretty good but my point is to much is fog of war it should be a bit less like 1 of the sea province around your border should be clear and then the next one out is dark fog of war i mean also by doing that people would more likely take time to build more ships up and it would cause bigger navy battles than just land based huge battles
      uh huh so a 0.1 mile radius of visible water near the coast? ok
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • TORNADOCHASER22 wrote:

I mean out of all the game im not saying all of it should be fog free im just saying a good amount should be 0.1 mile is not even funny
      it already has a 0.1... FYI
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • TORNADOCHASER22 wrote:

Lol that is Exactly what i was thinking how did you know lol no but if you were in the uk or even usa or some other place you could see a ship by far for a very long distance without radars or anything my point is not enough is visible and you could take a sea province and set up a ship with a huge radius like a Radar ship i mean that satellite idea is pretty good but my point is to much is fog of war it should be a bit less like 1 of the sea province around your border should be clear and then the next one out is dark fog of war i mean also by doing that people would more likely take time to build more ships up and it would cause bigger navy battles than just land based huge battles
      Then yo maybe should propose a radar ship that people can build. Because there is not just going to magically appear a ship in the middle of the ocean.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres