What is your K/D ratio?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

"Infitite"? Someone's fingers outran their brain. :D
      Apparently you mean yourself, but why you want to brag about that??
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I was hoping this thread would generate good discussion regarding what information is useful for assessing opponents and allies alike, besides just banter about "who has the highest K/D" tripe type conversation. However, always enjoy witty remarks regardless.

Now, how about considering the K/D ratio with games joined, rank, games won as either a coalition or a solo victory?

Obviously, these numbers will be skewed. Specifically if a player uses their "assets" to acquire more toys to play with.

One thing that I consider differently now are solo wins. For example, is this player the type to bail on an active effective coalition to get a solo win where they time their exit with the game clock while having a juicy VP cushion to meet the solo win victory requirement?

Obviously this isn't always the case. But experiencing this in a game first hand where our coalition was doing well and active, on the way to victory, with no valid reason (like arguing, bickering or crap coalition members) he bailed out and got the solo win. Arguably, a selfish phallic (censure edit) move.

• Im On Smoko wrote:

I was hoping this thread would generate good discussion regarding what information is useful for assessing opponents and allies alike, besides just banter about "who has the highest K/D" tripe type conversation. However, always enjoy witty remarks regardless.

Now, how about considering the K/D ratio with games joined, rank, games won as either a coalition or a solo victory?

Obviously, these numbers will be skewed. Specifically if a player uses their "assets" to acquire more toys to play with.

One thing that I consider differently now are solo wins. For example, is this player the type to bail on an active effective coalition to get a solo win where they time their exit with the game clock while having a juicy VP cushion to meet the solo win victory requirement?

Obviously this isn't always the case. But experiencing this in a game first hand where our coalition was doing well and active, on the way to victory, with no valid reason (like arguing, bickering or crap coalition members) he bailed out and got the solo win. Arguably, a selfish phallic (censure edit) move.

I just did this bail on the coalition for the solo win, for the very first time. Even considering the circumstances* it left a bad taste in my mouth, and contributed to me wanting to take a break from CoN. (Along with the A-hole with only a bunch of maxed cruisers)

* - tho one could argue that my "ally" abandoned me first by going awol and causing me to devote 1/3 of my production and units to preventing incursions from his zombie riddled territory.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

I was hoping this thread would generate good discussion regarding what information is useful for assessing opponents and allies alike, besides just banter about "who has the highest K/D" tripe type conversation. However, always enjoy witty remarks regardless.

I only left a coalition once for a solo win and did so because all the other members were afraid to lose their units and only grabbed provinces and cities once I had cleaned up most of the enemies units. I set my troops to grab cities before going to bed only to find some of these cities taken by my "team members" in the morning because they had rushed their troops in to grab them before I reached them. I was actually quite happy to leave the coa for a solo win and messaged the other guys to let them know what a weak bunch they were.

All other solo wins that I have come from the Battleground USA maps where I was the only active palyer left after a week or so. I started antoher one 17 days ago and there was one noob player who was actually doing good and I though that we would have some fun later on and one morning I just woke up to see that he had left, so that map will result in another single victory. But I can use that one as I got my butt severly kicked in a zombie game because of two weak team mates and some miscalculations of my part. And I will probably die in another one soon for the same reasons. I guess that I need to choose my team mates more carefully and change tactics when going against high level players....