What is your K/D ratio?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have 9.7 K/D

But it seems you are suffering from a bug of stats duplicating themselves (you wouldn't be rank 29 with 32 000 units killed)

Now, please keep in mind that a high K/D, due to how awful the level in public games is, doesn't mean anything about our real skill, but only hints at our absolute proficiency to farm with industrial efficiency complete retards.

I would be much more afraid of someone with a 2,5 K/D that only played elite challenges against other hyperactive players, than i would be afraid of myself or anyone with 10 K/D

Same goes for the victories :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

I have 9.7 K/D

But it seems you are suffering from a bug of stats duplicating themselves (you wouldn't be rank 29 with 32 000 units killed)

Now, please keep in mind that a high K/D, due to how awful the level in public games is, doesn't mean anything about our real skill, but only hints at our absolute proficiency to farm with industrial efficiency complete retards.

I would be much more afraid of someone with a 2,5 K/D that only played elite challenges against other hyperactive players, than i would be afraid of myself or anyone with 10 K/D

Hmm, thank you for your response, detailed analysis and feedback.

I am curious, what is a FR - Team Lead?

I hope more players respond.

This game is fun regardless of the skewed numbers & seriously mentally challenged I have stumbled upon in playing it.
    • gojiramike wrote:

Mine is 2.45 but that's because I easily get pissed at stupid coalition members and just can't help myself but do my best to destroy them. All is good if I'm coalition leader as I just kick and destroy them but if I'm not the remaining coalition members usually team up on me and avenge their dead ex member.
      LoL. I have never experienced the coalition vengeance dog pile. That would be awful.

However, I have experienced the player who has basically lost do a vengeance assault.
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

gojiramike wrote:

Mine is 2.45 but that's because I easily get pissed at stupid coalition members and just can't help myself but do my best to destroy them. All is good if I'm coalition leader as I just kick and destroy them but if I'm not the remaining coalition members usually team up on me and avenge their dead ex member.
      LoL. I have never experienced the coalition vengeance dog pile. That would be awful.
      However, I have experienced the player who has basically lost do a vengeance assault.
      Hahaha. Yeah, I got my ass severly kicked the last time I left a coalition to destroy one of its members. It took them less than 24 hours. I could have avoided that by not leaving but my mind was set on destroying the guy. I might have been a little stubborn.
    • gojiramike wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

gojiramike wrote:

LoL. I have never experienced the coalition vengeance dog pile. That would be awful.However, I have experienced the player who has basically lost do a vengeance assault.
      Hahaha. Yeah, I got my ass severly kicked the last time I left a coalition to destroy one of its members. It took them less than 24 hours. I could have avoided that by not leaving but my mind was set on destroying the guy. I might have been a little stubborn.
      You might find this thread of interest:

Coalition Reform

Quoted from my post on said thread:

"My other previous coalition member asked for help and I sent ASFs to bomb cities. I then landed them in a city he had recently taken. Insurgents went off in that city and my jets were pinned down. I asked him to send his air force which was almost at full health and sitting in a nearby airfield not doing ANYTHING to attack the insurgents.

He told me 'no'."

Finally, love the avatar. I bought a few tank tops with some Godzilla printed artwork and also one for my nephew.
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

gojiramike wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

gojiramike wrote:

LoL. I have never experienced the coalition vengeance dog pile. That would be awful.However, I have experienced the player who has basically lost do a vengeance assault.
      You might find this thread of interest:
      Coalition Reform

Quoted from my post on said thread:

"My other previous coalition member asked for help and I sent ASFs to bomb cities. I then landed them in a city he had recently taken. Insurgents went off in that city and my jets were pinned down. I asked him to send his air force which was almost at full health and sitting in a nearby airfield not doing ANYTHING to attack the insurgents.

He told me 'no'."

Finally, love the avatar. I bought a few tank tops with some Godzilla printed artwork and also one for my nephew.
      That's the kind of behavior that I just don't tolerate. It's a death sentence in my book and in case like this winning the game comes in secondary. The destruction of this guy will become a priority to me even if it means busting the coalition.

Cheers! I have a lot more love for the big green lizard in me than I do for bad players! :rolleyes:
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Opulon wrote:

I have 9.7 K/D

This game is fun regardless of the skewed numbers & seriously mentally challenged I have stumbled upon in playing it.
      It means i'm the Head of the French staff, for mods, basically.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Opulon wrote:

I have 9.7 K/D

the "FR" means "For Real"
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Opulon wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

Opulon wrote:

I have 9.7 K/D

Hmm, thank you for your response, detailed analysis and feedback.I am curious, what is a FR - Team Lead?

Well, thank you for your work and efforts. I enjoy the game & every time I submitted a bug report about game issues or inappropriate behavior Aquela has been quick and responsive.
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Well, thank you for your work and efforts. I enjoy the game & every time I submitted a bug report about game issues or inappropriate behavior Aquela has been quick and responsive.
      stunned.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Opulon wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

Opulon wrote:

I have 9.7 K/D

Hmm, thank you for your response, detailed analysis and feedback.I am curious, what is a FR - Team Lead?

Well, Aquela is my boss. A good boss :D
    • Teburu wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

Opulon wrote:

I have 9.7 K/D

the "FR" means "For Real"
      For Real Team Lead, of the TMD Division (Trust me dude)
    • "Infitite"? Someone's fingers outran their brain. :D

I coaxed my K/D up to 6.8 in the last game, but like @Opulon, I remember not to take it too seriously. It's more of a reminder of how many players drop out (because killing their orphaned units doesn't count in that stat) than it is a badge of honor.

In the it's-a-small-world category, a big part of my recent K/D change (one game can still create a decent change for me) was an alliance member (with a lot of units) who wouldn't carry out even the simplest requests, refused to communicate, screwed up battlefields, and eventually had to be kicked (by me). When he prepped to attack me during the 24-hour ejection countdown, he changed himself from a too-bad-it-didn't-work-out-well neighbor to a target. A story similar to GojiraMike's stories.

I've tried to squeeze useful info out of the published stats, and by looking at all of a (non-alliance) player's stats I think I/you can get a sense of their ability to deal out damage, and a sense of what their favorite units are, but the conclusions are obviously, definitely fuzzy.

An interesting set of what-is-my-opponent-like stats would be to list their units-built, in addition to their units-destroyed and units-lost.

My hunch is that units-built would be more useful than either units-destroyed or units-lost.

OBTW: I'm curious whether each (Tomahawk) missile I fire becomes a D in the K/D calculation, if that missile isn't shot down by enemy defenses. What about if it is shot down?

OBTW: it would be nice to see the same summary stats in both the mobile and desktop views.

OBTW: When did the K/D stat (and other stats in the same view) start being computed? Is it only recent games, or does it use archived info from games back near the dawn of time?

OBTW: Is the K/D stat computed using only public (non-alliance-challenge) games? or all games?

KFG

PS: Opulon's current 11.07, given that it comes from killing 88k units (compared to my 11k) is probably a ratio that I would assign some weight to (certainly more than I would assign to my own K/D), if I were researching opponents.

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().

• Dealer of Death wrote:

I have acieved Infinite KDR on my mobile account:
      -
      infinite kdr.jpg
      but dividing by 0 is impossible???

KFGauss wrote:

PS: Opulon's current 11.07, given that it comes from killing 88k units (compared to my 11k) is probably a ratio that I would assign some weight to (certainly more than I would assign to my own K/D), if I were researching opponents.
      if you truly were researching your opponents you'd worry more about the part where it says "Opulon" than the K/D :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • KFGauss wrote:

"Infitite"? Someone's fingers outran their brain. :D

I coaxed mine K/D up to 6.8 in the last game, but like @Opulon, I remember not to take it too seriously. It's more of a reminder of how many players drop out (because killing their orphaned units doesn't count in that stat) than it is a badge of honor.

In the it's-a-small-world category, a big part of my recent K/D change (one game can still create a decent change for me) was an alliance member (with a lot of units) who wouldn't carry out even the simplest requests, refused to communicate, screwed up battlefields, and eventually had to be kicked (by me). When he prepped to attack me during the 24-hour ejection countdown, he changed himself from a too-bad-it-didn't-work-out-well neighbor to a target. A story similar to GojiraMike's stories.

I've tried to squeeze useful info out of the published stats, and by looking at all of a (non-alliance) player's stats I think I/you can get a sense of their ability to deal out damage, and a sense of what their favorite units are, but the conclusions are obviously, definitely fuzzy.

An interesting set of what-is-my-opponent-like stats would be to list their units-built, in addition to their units-destroyed and units-lost.

My hunch is that units-built would be more useful than either units-destroyed or units-lost.

OBTW: I'm curious whether each missile I fire becomes a D in the K/D calculation, if that missile isn't shot down by enemy defenses. What about if it is shot down?

OBTW: it would be nice to see the same summary stats in both the mobile and desktop views.

OBTW: When did the K/D stat (and other stats in the same view) start being computed? Is it only recent games, or does it use archived info from games back near the dawn of time?

OBTW: Is the K/D stat computed using only public (non-alliance-challenge) games? or all games?

KFG

On Mobile, the figures are completely off, for reasons i don't understand. If i had killed 88k units, i would be higher than level 50 ^^

My real figures (as seen on PC) are as follow :

I've killed 4,884 units and lost 491, against active players.
      I've killed 2,141 units and lost 141, against AI.

My current K/D is 9.94, we usually only talk of the "against active" because nobody is interested by the AI Ratio.

The only thing we really look like the AI for, it's to compare how much active the guy has killed vs how much AI. It tends to give a interesting "indirect data" about what looks like the average game of the player, and i tend to factor it with his conquest K/D and his victory K/D.

Someone like crang that win realiably a third of his maps, while killing 50/50 between active and inactive, is more impressive that someone that would win 90% of his maps with 10% active units kill.

Such data can become even more interesting if you make a rought estimate of "how much a player fights for each province", in average, and how much he kills, per map.

To answer to the specific details :

"An interesting set of what-is-my-opponent-like stats would be to list their units-built, in addition to their units-destroyed and units-lost."

I feel Dorado would object this would give too much direct information about what people like to do. The average player wouldn't care, but it would be (yet another) tool in the hands of meta studiers to fine tune even more how they kill them.

You can already predict pretty accurately what a player plays by reading his stats. Statistical anomalies tend to suggest "a type of unit that the player doesn't use" or " a type of unit that the player uses extensively"

"OBTW: I'm curious whether each missile I fire becomes a D in the K/D calculation, if that missile isn't shot down by enemy defenses. What about if it is shot down?"

Missiles that explode successfully on their target don't count. Only the missiles you lose count as a D. (and only the ones you shoot down count as a K)

"OBTW: When did the K/D stat (and other stats in the same view) start being computed? Is it only recent games, or does it use archived info from games back near the dawn of time?"

As soon as you began.

"OBTW: it would be nice to see the same summary stats in both the mobile and desktop views."

Entirely agree.

All games that are ranked. Games without the anti-cheat feature (like roleplay maps or some events) do not count.
    • Also, let's not assume that a player is trustable (or good) just because he is in a alliance. Creating an alliance actually only requires to have a security council account, and this summer, we had a surge of kiddos creating alliances through sponsored links, giving free SC.

The guy pretty much seems like the usual egoist jerkass one encounters in public games, and that should be killed without too much second thoughts.

Playing with a member of a established and "integatred in the community" alliance can be a "certificate" of trust because we "care" for our members. To take an example, my own alliance, the Kingdom of Nelva, is really really strict on matters of diplomacy, and we don't joke around with that.

Someone that would had the gal to betray someone on public games, for example on the reasoning that "it's just a random, i wouldn't betray a brother in arms" basically will be homeless by the end of the day. This isn't, however, representative of the average alliance, that is closer to "the public map coalition" than from what we consider to be "an alliance".

With names of established alliance, you can have more trust (but it shouldn't be given undoncitionally anyway) because you are in front of organised entities with hierarchy, laws, and authority.