Anything that's just a straight up NO?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anything that's just a straight up NO?

So, im a new player, but i have learned basic strategy from other games. And i just wanted to know if there is just like a universal NO NO, or if it was just my server.

I was playing WWIII X4 (Because i cant stand normal speed) and my Coalition had a few really good players. One of us had already taken all of Europe before he joined, and another had essentially ripped the middle east in half. we were the highest scoring Coalition in the Server. I was getting excited, because i thought I was going to get my First ever win.

So, we are all fighting against a huge country. While my allies were pushing from the east, i decided to take a heavily armored task force around to make a massive scale diversion, if not take the capital, in the west. I hadnt deployed the Task Force yet, and was basically bombing the capital and surrounding cities to dust with Ballistic missiles. Im pretty sure my Coalition knew that that was typical f me.
      Then, i noticed a city near where i was going to land. I didnt have any way to scout it out quickly, unless i wanted to reposition my submarine, which i didnt. So i just launch a missile at it, to be safe. and since i figured that the Enemy would start mobilizing troops there when i landed, I dropped a Chemical warhead. Not even to damage the city. just enough to prevent them from mobilizing until i arrived. I then went to sleep for the night. I get up the next morning, and as i always do, i went straight to the game. i see that two of the three Big countries in my coalition had left and declared war on me. not the coalition, JUST. FRICKING. ME.
      And dont give me the "Oh, it's because you used a WMD" excuse. I told them i was going to use it. i put an article saying i wasnt going to use any more. EVERYONE in the server shouldve seen that that was my first and last and only warhead.
      Like wtf.
    • Juggernaut505 wrote:

So, im a new player, but i have learned basic strategy from other games. And i just wanted to know if there is just like a universal NO NO, or if it was just my server.

I was playing WWIII X4 (Because i cant stand normal speed) and my Coalition had a few really good players. One of us had already taken all of Europe before he joined, and another had essentially ripped the middle east in half. we were the highest scoring Coalition in the Server. I was getting excited, because i thought I was going to get my First ever win.

So, we are all fighting against a huge country. While my allies were pushing from the east, i decided to take a heavily armored task force around to make a massive scale diversion, if not take the capital, in the west. I hadnt deployed the Task Force yet, and was basically bombing the capital and surrounding cities to dust with Ballistic missiles. Im pretty sure my Coalition knew that that was typical f me.
      Then, i noticed a city near where i was going to land. I didnt have any way to scout it out quickly, unless i wanted to reposition my submarine, which i didnt. So i just launch a missile at it, to be safe. and since i figured that the Enemy would start mobilizing troops there when i landed, I dropped a Chemical warhead. Not even to damage the city. just enough to prevent them from mobilizing until i arrived. I then went to sleep for the night. I get up the next morning, and as i always do, i went straight to the game. i see that two of the three Big countries in my coalition had left and declared war on me. not the coalition, JUST. FRICKING. ME.
      And dont give me the "Oh, it's because you used a WMD" excuse. I told them i was going to use it. i put an article saying i wasnt going to use any more. EVERYONE in the server shouldve seen that that was my first and last and only warhead.
      Like wtf.
      Here's a crazy idea, ask them, not us.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • When someone decides to leave a coalition a 24 hrs timer starts and a notification is sent to all members, my advise is just to check your coalition tab daily (or twice a day in 4x games) to make sure you are not missing something :S That way you have time to relocate your troops, like your Missile Subs, to a better place in case the leaving members decide to launch an attack.

Once I was playing as Syria in 4x, my coalition was formed by Israel, Saudi, Algeria and me. Algeria asked me to send some submarines to it's shores to defend from Americans or he would leave the coalition, I ended up sending a couple but the cockroach decided to leave the coalition and just like in your case I woke up to my subs being dead and Algerians troops coming towards Egypt. I managed to kill the traitor but Americans took the chance and started the invasion short after that... At least Algeria didn't get a single VP at the end :D
    • Juggernaut505 wrote:

Like wtf.
      There can be several reasons why they attacked you.
      One, I thought may be a reason:

They were planning to leave the coalition.
      They made a strategic assessment / plan of what they were going to do.
      This plan / strategy MAY have considered the fact that you had missile subs and wanted to take that threat out first when leaving the coalition.

In general:
      Some players role play that WMDs are a naughty bad thing. Others just see it as part of the game and do not give it a second thought.

For example the chemical compound I use in my weapons is 100% pure THC concentrate bonded to an inert gas mixture of oxygen and nitrogen or sprayed on to Cool Ranch Doritos, depending what intelligence is gathered and what my generals decide the most effective deployment method of the weapon.

Any deaths resulting from my chemical attacks are from of all the tom foolery and shenanigans that occur after the chemical weapon is deployed and or eaten.