On the growth of morale in cities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• On the growth of morale in cities

I have no words, only obscene expressions!It so happened that two alliances of 5 people ONE declared war on me. As a result, I am at war with 10 countries. By some heavenly miracle, I managed to destabilize all 10 of them and destroy their armies. But when I capture their cities, then my morale does not grow, but falls. From 25% fell to 23% and so on everywhere. The reason is the war with 10 countries. I do not have enough resources to build recruiting offices everywhere to improve morale, I can barely make ends meet. I defeated their armies, but I cannot maintain the occupation of their cities. For gold, I raised several cities to 35% morale, but those cities dropped to 31 and started to burn. How can you not swear? In fact, I won the war, I defeated their armies, but I cannot take the enemy cities.

Comrades developers, please tell me who came up with this moronic mechanic?
    • And yes, I know that I broke the rules of the forum, I used obscene language several times. It doesn't matter to me, let this post be removed. When you will get this victory with the same difficulty as me, and then you will understand that you will not be able to finally finish off the enemy because "WAR WITH 10 COUNTRIES", then you will understand my anger and my annoyance. Let this post be deleted. I hope the developers will hear me.
    • Hello.

10 countries wars mean -20 malus.

Natural lean for cities without bonus malus is 102.

It means that for a city to have a lean limit of <25, there are other factors, including surrounding neighbors, distance to the capital and... the most important in your case i think, civilian casualties.

Double check your morale, i'm sure that if the morale of your newly conquered city falls, it's because you have a -30 or -40 civilian casualties penalty.

This penalty is halved each day, and forces you to adapt ---> let them revolt, your enemies are dead anyway. You'll come for their territory later
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • One_White_Wine wrote:

Hello!
      Thank you for your answer

No, there are no victims of the population. I give an example of a city that for FOUR game days cannot rise to 35%: Distance to headquarters - -1, morale of neighboring units - -1, death of civilians - -4, in a war with 11 countries - -22
      Ah. Then the problem is different. With all the malus, the city CAN grow up to 74%. It's just that it will take more time. It plays its role as a anti snowball effect as intended : you need to keep more and more garrisons, or give up the terrain.

I thought you were reffering to a case where the morale tendancy is below 25% (it can happen)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.