I think I may be going into CoN Retirement, or at least Semi-retirement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think I may be going into CoN Retirement, or at least Semi-retirement

I just had a game end, in a way that just kicked the wind out of my enthusiasm for the game. Maybe it's just a temporary phenomenon, but I think I'm going to take a step back from the game, the Discord, and this forum.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

I just had a game end, in a way that just kicked the wind out of my enthusiasm for the game. Maybe it's just a temporary phenomenon, but I think I'm going to take a step back from the game, the Discord, and this forum.
      That is every game for me for the most part. Most games I just want to end when the VPs are getting to the winning amount for whomever is ahead.

The word tedious comes to my mind and is relatively accurate in games I play. Even the ones I "win".
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

That is every game for me for the most part. Most games I just want to end when the VPs are getting to the winning amount for whomever is ahead.
      The word tedious comes to my mind and is relatively accurate in games I play. Even the ones I "win".
      I can deal with the tedium, this was more a combination of dealing with a spoiled little brat, and thereby being forced to do something distasteful (withdrawaling from my coalition for a win*) that really soured my game.

* - something I had never done before
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Ever considered to join an alliance and challenges ?

We all got bored of public games (due to winning them pretty much without any thrill) at some point and remained on the game for the community and its more "educated" alliance community.

Nowadays, doing public games is a chore to train puppies, so we don't complain too much.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Ever considered to join an alliance and challenges ?

We all got bored of public games (due to winning them pretty much without any thrill) at some point and remained on the game for the community and its more "educated" alliance community.

Nowadays, doing public games is a chore to train puppies, so we don't complain too much.
      Yes, I've considered it, I just hadn't gotten to the point with my skills to where I thought I would be a potent asset for an alliance and actually improve them by joining. Right now, I just consider myself better than the average non noob player. I was hoping to rack up a modest modicum of WW3 solo wins thereby demonstrating to myself that I was ready, before joining an alliance. That way, maybe I'd have more ability to say who I chose to join, rather than jut rely on who would have me.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Being an insider, don't overthink it. Good Alliances don't care a lot about solo wins or that kind of thing, and will always review you through what they can actually see of you, especially in test challenges.

If you are active, social enough, and able to understand that sometimes, following orders is important for the collective efficiency, you'll be accepted pretty much everywhere.

The tragedy of our world is that people don't come furnished with a brain as a standard. It reduces who we recruit by 95%, while the technical standards are often not that incredibly high, except for some specific alliances.

Looking at your stats, by the way, i reiterate that you are "interesting" enough as manpower so that you can take you time to discuss with leaders and all alliances to see where there is the best "product/market" fit ^^
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.