NEW UNIT SUGGESTIONS(MISSILES)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NEW UNIT SUGGESTIONS(MISSILES)

Air-Air Missile (AAM)

Since the air-air combat is of symetrical style and pattern, this would greatly enhance and shift the gameplay to another level the same way cruise missiles do. ASF units with this addition would be much more effective and versatile. Thats why I propose to fit the AAM capability(replacing cruise missile capability) only on ASF and Stealth ASF.

Launch Platforms (ammount)
      LVL1
      LVL4
      LVL6
      ASF
      -
      Stealth ASF
      -
      -

Western Doctrine:
      LVL1 - AIM-7
      LVL2 - AIM-120
      LVL3 - AIM-260

OjOm.png

European Doctrine:
      LVL1 - MICA
      LVL2 - MICA NG
      LVL3 - Meteor

CuDJ.png

Eastern Doctrine:
      LVL1 - R-27
      LVL2 - R-77
      LVL3 - R-37

4eOX.png

Stats

LVL1
      LVL2
      LVL3
      Soft Damage
      -
      -
      -
      Armor Damage
      -
      -
      -
      Fixed Air Damage
      Rotary Damage
      Naval Damage
      -
      -
      -
      Attack Range
      HP
      Speed
      Signature
      low
      low
      low
      Sight Range
      -
      -
      -
      Research Day
      Conv. Warhead Cost

Hypersonic Cruise Missile

Apart from the unit above, Hypersonic Cruise Missile is essentially an evolution of already in game present cruise missile. The obvious advantages of these missiles are speed, range and improved damage at double the cost of a regular cruise missile.

Western Doctrine:
      LVL1 - HAWC

European Doctrine:
      LVL1 - Waverider

Eastern Doctrine:
      LVL1- Zircon

8IOu.png

Stats

LVL1
      Soft Damage
      Armor Damage
      Fixed Air Damage
      Rotary Damage
      Naval Damage
      Attack Range
      HP
      Speed
      Signature
      high
      Sight Range
      -
      Research Day
      Warhead Cost

The post was edited 4 times, last by Rapt0ris ().

• Rapt0ris wrote:

Air-Air Missile (AAM)

Since the air-air combat is of symetrical style and pattern, this would greatly enhance and shift the gameplay to another level the same way cruise missiles do. ASF units with this addition would be much more effective and versatile. Thats why I propose to fit the AAM capability(replacing cruise missile capability) only on ASF and Stealth ASF.

Launch Platforms (ammount)
      LVL1
      LVL4
      LVL6
      ASF
      -
      Stealth ASF
      -
      -

Western Doctrine:
      LVL1 - AIM-7
      LVL2 - AIM-120
      LVL3 - AIM-260

4eOX.png

European Doctrine:
      LVL1 - MICA
      LVL2 - MICA NG
      LVL3 - Meteor

CuDJ.png

Eastern Doctrine:
      LVL1 - R-27
      LVL2 - R-77
      LVL3 - R-37

OjOm.png

Stats

LVL1
      LVL2
      LVL3
      Soft Damage
      -
      -
      -
      Armor Damage
      -
      -
      -
      Fixed Air Damage
      Rotary Damage
      Naval Damage
      -
      -
      -
      Attack Range
      HP
      Speed
      Signature
      low
      low
      low
      Sight Range
      -
      -
      -
      Research Day
      Conv. Warhead Cost

Hypersonic Cruise Missile

Western Doctrine:
      LVL1 - HAWC

European Doctrine:
      LVL1 - Waverider

Eastern Doctrine:
      LVL1- Zircon

8IOu.png

Stats

LVL1
      Soft Damage
      Armor Damage
      Fixed Air Damage
      Rotary Damage
      Naval Damage
      Attack Range
      HP
      Speed
      Signature
      high
      Sight Range
      -
      Research Day
      Warhead Cost

Interesting idea; however, since there is currently no airborne Anti-Air missile defense in the game, and these could possibly only be intercepted if travelling thru a ground or sea based AA envelope, I would think that the hit points, and damages suggested should be adjusted dramatically downward in order not to break the game balance horribly.

Additionaly, on the Hypersonic Cruise missiles, ... too much damage, you have them set at higher than a ballistic missile. I think the primary advantage of these should be the speed, not an unrealistic explosivity eclipsing huge ballistic missiles.

Overall tho, cool, Kudos!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Interesting idea; however, since there is currently no airborne Anti-Air missile defense in the game, and these could possibly only be intercepted if travelling thru a ground or sea based AA envelope, I would think that the hit points, and damages suggested should be adjusted dramatically downward in order not to break the game balance horribly.

Additionaly, on the Hypersonic Cruise missiles, ... too much damage, you have them set at higher than a ballistic missile. I think the primary advantage of these should be the speed, not an unrealistic explosivity eclipsing huge ballistic missiles.

The point of Air-Air missiles is to shot down any aircraft reliably without putting the launching platform in harms way. Also it wouldnt really be game breaking since only ASF of at least lvl4 would be able to fire them. As far as HCM is concerned, the damage is not even close to ballistic missile. Also one HCM would be twice as expensive as a regular one, so it kinda makes sense to increase it too, although I agree that naval and armor damage might be just over the acceptable edge, I will lower it by a little.
    • Rapt0ris wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

The point of Air-Air missiles is to shot down any aircraft reliably without putting the launching platform in harms way. Also it wouldnt really be game breaking since only ASF of at least lvl4 would be able to fire them. As far as HCM is concerned, the damage is not even close to ballistic missile. Also one HCM would be twice as expensive as a regular one, so it kinda makes sense to increase it too, although I agree that naval and armor damage might be just over the acceptable edge, I will lower it by a little.
      Are you using that new Common Core math?
      -
      BM 2.jpg-

No, the POINT is maintaining game balance. Introducing such a high damage factor with no counter is unbalancing.

It doesn't matter if it is twice as expensive, Ballistic missiles are massive compared to hypersonic missiles and should deal way more damage.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

No, the POINT is maintaining game balance. Introducing such a high damage factor with no counter is unbalancing.

It doesn't matter if it is twice as expensive, Ballistic missiles are massive compared to hypersonic missiles and should deal way more damage.
      The HCM would be a one time research right after LVL6 cruise missiles in a similar fashion like stealth planes or naval planes are researched. At least thats what I would do. So in effect you would have to compare it to the max lvl ballistic missile instead. And even with that, HCM would eat up 1 warhead more than a ballistic missile.
      lmYm.png
    • Rapt0ris wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

The HCM would be a one time research right after LVL6 cruise missiles in a similar fashion like stealth planes or naval planes are researched. At least thats what I would do. So in effect you would have to compare it to the max lvl ballistic missile instead. And even with that, HCM would eat up 1 warhead more than a ballistic missile.lmYm.png
      It STILL makes no sense from a reality of mass point of view. Hypersoics should never be able to defy the laws of physics no matter how expensive you make them.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• The problem is, you are thinking about your new proposed toy in the wonderment of your idea and not in terms of game balance or practical reality. I can propose a new artillery with a 500 range 50 and 50 damage with a 2.5 land speed, but that would be unbalanced and ridiculous. The advantage of the hypersonic missile should just be it's speed
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

It STILL makes no sense from a reality of mass point of view. Hypersoics should never be able to defy the laws of physics no matter how expensive you make them.
      Its not like this game is a reality :D And it also depends on what type of hypersonic weapon you imagine, but HCS definitely have a much greater impact against ships given their enormeous speed.

Dealer of Death wrote:

The problem is, you are thinking about your new proposed toy in the wonderment of your idea and not in terms of game balance or practical reality. I can propose a new artillery with a 500 range 50 and 50 damage with a 2.5 land speed, but that would be unbalanced and ridiculous. The advantage of the hypersonic missile should just be it's speed
      Thats what the game developers are for. I doubt this will ever get into the real game, let alone with the current set of statistics that I made.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Rapt0ris ().

• Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing Officers, due to their tremendous courage and selflessness, should be able to fly themselves directly into the path of any missile in sight-range, instantly killing themselves, but protecting buildings on the ground.
      The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. - George S. Patton
    • Fusion7857 wrote:

Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing Officers, due to their tremendous courage and selflessness, should be able to fly themselves directly into the path of any missile in sight-range, instantly killing themselves, but protecting buildings on the ground.
      Don't forget, they need an auto article in CON news telling the heroic story of such actions. :D
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !