TDS SAMS MAA

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kalrakh wrote:

Aggressor X wrote:

Why not letting TDS engage helos ( low damage)
      And increase the damage caused to jets
      And also let Sams engage helos ( damage less than MAA)
      And decrease the damage caused to fighters and bombers by MAA to make it more realistic !
      why not just scrap them all and to a AA unit with 125 range that is good against every kind of air unit?
      why not limit it to 100 range; but give it artillery capabilities and air assault in exchange ... oh wait
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Aggressor X wrote:

In reality
      1 Sams can target the helos
      2 TDS can target jets effectively
      3 MAA cannot target jets nor bombers effectively

Making the game more realistic is not something bad
      S400 considered as TDS and it can target F35 and F15
      except the game being realistic is not the point, never was to begin with
      also: with the exception of mobile antiair, AA is in a pretty good state rn
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Aggressor X wrote:

Why not letting TDS engage helos ( low damage)
      And increase the damage caused to jets
      And also let Sams engage helos ( damage less than MAA)
      And decrease the damage caused to fighters and bombers by MAA to make it more realistic !
      The reason TDS and SAMs don't engage Helicopters is primarily in an effort to promote game counter play so that way you don't just build SAMs and you got full air protection. In terms of reality most modern Mobile SAMs have secondary AA guns mounted on them, a good example is the Russian Pantsir. You see it game wise as part of the Eastern Doctrine but it's both a mobile SAM and has AA guns mounted on the side to cover close range or pop up threats. TDS from what I know is basically meant to be like Mobile SAMs on steroids in real life. In game it's strictly anti missile which is one of it's real life functions but in all honesty it should just be an upgrade path off of Mobile SAMs at least initially. Currently many modern TDS are about as effective as most Mobile SAM equivalents in terms of speed, ease of transport and lethality against air targets and missiles.

What you are suggesting has largely be suggested before as part of an overall anti air rework which I believe wouldn't be a bad idea. Because game wise once you get Mobile SAMs or Theatre Defense System all fixed wing aircraft are basically useless. Which in terms of reality is definitely not the case and it is possible to degrade air defenses from the air through physical means via stealth aircraft and electronic warfare. Electronic warfare also an idea that has been suggested and would love to see it added in at some point as a means to sneak past radar/heavy air defenses so that way air power isn't just purely defensive once your enemy has any sort of air defenses.
    • Teburu wrote:

Aggressor X wrote:

In reality
      1 Sams can target the helos
      2 TDS can target jets effectively
      3 MAA cannot target jets nor bombers effectively

Making the game more realistic is not something bad
      S400 considered as TDS and it can target F35 and F15
      except the game being realistic is not the point, never was to begin withalso: with the exception of mobile antiair, AA is in a pretty good state rn
      When it comes to MAA, I believe it does need a little boost to damage vs soft targets. Shilka for example, and other similar MAA can shred infantry to pieces with their auto-cannons.

Another change as of 2024 should be the expansion of the land-based cruise missile launcher's capacity to fire more than one missile.