What are the best stacks for every officer without the use of seasonal units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jonthan1232 wrote:

I have been trying to get more into officers lately but I'm trying to find better unit stacks, any ideas?
      I like using Infantry Officers in an artillery stack - it makes them faster, gives them a good damage boost and allows them to capture territory. If you upgrade the officer, you can also get to have a radar.

The other one I like is the Fixed Wing officer. If you've got 4 Air Superiority Fighters with the FW officer in a stack, it's not only extra effective against enemy aircraft, but turns it into as a pretty useful ground attack force as well.

The other officers are pretty straightforward, I think - they make their stack a bit better at what they'd normally do, without really changing their role.
    • i always mix my helicopter captain with 2 anti inf and 2 anti tank helcoprters...and i have 2 sets of them in reserve for swapping as soon as they anti inf hit 60% damage...

The captain doesnt hardly take damage and leads the reserve.

Admiral goes with 2 cruisers and 2 fregattes...also an other stack of fregattes and cruisers as reserve...if i hit enemy navy withour air defense if restack 4 cruisers + admiral...no ships survive this...no need for destroyers as i have naval recons scouting for this fleet
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• playbabe wrote:

ZOOOOOM Arti stack
      - tank & inf officer + arti
      - can't touch this

Cruiser doom stack
      - curiser + naval officer
      - over 100 damage per shot, lmao

moving icbm
      - eastern spec ops + spec ops officer in jungle or mountain
      Your Zooooom Arti stack has absolutly no airdefense...i always mix at least 2 SAMS into the stack...just in case someone does a jabo-run...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

playbabe wrote:

ZOOOOOM Arti stack
      - can't touch this

Cruiser doom stack

moving icbm
      Your Zooooom Arti stack has absolutly no airdefense...i always mix at least 2 SAMS into the stack...just in case someone does a jabo-run...
      You do not put SAM into the stack, you just keep them near by :)

Though you could put some MAAV into the stack to eat the damage just in case
    • yes you are right...i am a big fan of restacking...so sure enough there is a radar or awac with the tank general support ...so as soon as a see green dots...restack the SAMs and MAAV (well usually I have railguns for these prupose but thats excluded in this thread) with the general and make some Aircraft fanatics cry like babys...i usually never see green dots again after 1 attempt...
    • WalterChang wrote:

Jonthan1232 wrote:

I have been trying to get more into officers lately but I'm trying to find better unit stacks, any ideas?
      I like using Infantry Officers in an artillery stack - it makes them faster, gives them a good damage boost and allows them to capture territory. If you upgrade the officer, you can also get to have a radar.
      The other one I like is the Fixed Wing officer. If you've got 4 Air Superiority Fighters with the FW officer in a stack, it's not only extra effective against enemy aircraft, but turns it into as a pretty useful ground attack force as well.

for infantry officer should I add the tank officer?
      for the fixed officer will stealth asf work?
      Attempting to gain braincells
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

i always mix my helicopter captain with 2 anti inf and 2 anti tank helcoprters...and i have 2 sets of them in reserve for swapping as soon as they anti inf hit 60% damage...

Admiral goes with 2 cruisers and 2 fregattes...also an other stack of fregattes and cruisers as reserve...if i hit enemy navy withour air defense if restack 4 cruisers + admiral...no ships survive this...no need for destroyers as i have naval recons scouting for this fleet
      For heli officer I think I will do that
      for navy officer can I have frigates in a diffrent stack that follows?
    • playbabe wrote:

ZOOOOOM Arti stack
      - can't touch this

Cruiser doom stack

moving icbm
      For Arti stack can a mobile radar be used in stead of officer
      For Doom stack I have that
      For moving ICBM do I air assaut?
    • Jonthan1232 wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

i always mix my helicopter captain with 2 anti inf and 2 anti tank helcoprters...and i have 2 sets of them in reserve for swapping as soon as they anti inf hit 60% damage...

For heli officer I think I will do thatfor navy officer can I have frigates in a diffrent stack that follows?
      you can but then you miss the air attack bonus the admiral gives...
    • Jonthan1232 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

What did you try so far
      sub commander-4 attack subs
      navy commander-4 cruisers
      Heli commander-2 gunship 2 attack
      Fixed commander-1 steath strike 3 steath asf
      Tank commander-8 mobile arty 1 mobile radar
      Airbone commander-4 spec ops
      Inf commander-Idk

Fixed Wing stack is odd and kind of pointlessm, you either go full strike or full air superiority, just mix in some normal and naval variants

Airborne needs a second stack of 5 spec ops, short before engagement you join both stacks, so you jump with 1 + 9 not 1 + 4

You join Inf commander and tank commander together with 4-6 arties and 2-4 MAAV, depending on how much meat shields you need, for a real zoom stack. Radar can be in a second stack, it has huge range on high level
      (Radar does not give speed bonus so no it can replace an inf commander)
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Jonthan1232 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

What did you try so far
      Inf commander-Idk

Fixed Wing stack is odd and kind of pointlessm, you either go full strike or full air superiority, just mix in some normal and naval variants
      Airborne needs a second stack of 5 spec ops, short before engagement you join both stacks, so you jump with 1 + 9 not 1 + 4

You join Inf commander and tank commander together with 4-6 arties and 2-4 MAAV, depending on how much meat shields you need, for a real zoom stack. Radar can be in a second stack, it has huge range on high level
      I actually think putting a stealth strike fighter in with some ASFs is a really good idea! I'd never thought of that.
      Your opponent will see the planes coming and just think you're attacking ground targets with ASFs, so might not respond in the same way as he he would if he knew there was strike fighter unit in the stack. Fixed wing officer + 3 ASF + stealth strike is actually quite punchy when it comes to attacking ground targets, but it wouldn't look like so strong from the outside. Deception is always a good weapon.

Ideally, you'd want a stack of 5 stealth SFs together, so your opponent doesn't see them at all, but if you've only got one of them then using it on its own is probably less effective than hiding it amongst some ASFs - it's still deceptive, but to a lesser extent, but it'll have more survivability and pack more punch as part of a group.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Jonthan1232 wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

For heli officer I think I will do thatfor navy officer can I have frigates in a diffrent stack that follows?
      you can but then you miss the air attack bonus the admiral gives...
      Well don't crusiers also have AA ik it's not the best AA tho
    • WalterChang wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Jonthan1232 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

What did you try so far
      Inf commander-Idk

Fixed Wing stack is odd and kind of pointlessm, you either go full strike or full air superiority, just mix in some normal and naval variantsAirborne needs a second stack of 5 spec ops, short before engagement you join both stacks, so you jump with 1 + 9 not 1 + 4

I actually think putting a stealth strike fighter in with some ASFs is a really good idea! I'd never thought of that.Your opponent will see the planes coming and just think you're attacking ground targets with ASFs, so might not respond in the same way as he he would if he knew there was strike fighter unit in the stack. Fixed wing officer + 3 ASF + stealth strike is actually quite punchy when it comes to attacking ground targets, but it wouldn't look like so strong from the outside. Deception is always a good weapon.

Ideally, you'd want a stack of 5 stealth SFs together, so your opponent doesn't see them at all, but if you've only got one of them then using it on its own is probably less effective than hiding it amongst some ASFs - it's still deceptive, but to a lesser extent, but it'll have more survivability and pack more punch as part of a group.
      What do you reccomend for the fixedwing officerstack asf or strike
      For the second stack should I have some AA and some more arty
    • Jonthan1232 wrote:

Well don't crusiers also have AA ik it's not the best AA tho
      Well, level 1 cruisers with an admiral will destroy level 1 naval patrol aircraft quite comfortably, because they get to hit the planes twice for every one attack by the planes, plus they've got about two-and-a-half times as many hitpoints.

But NPAs that are more upgraded do cause a problem if you haven't got Frigates nearby. If you have got Frigates nearby, though, NPAs are close to useless. ASW helis can be dangerous above level 5, but not really to grouped cruisers, especially if they are levelled up as well.

I wouldn't say that you need the admiral to boost the AA values of your Frigates, because they're good enough already.
    • Jonthan1232 wrote:

What do you reccomend for the fixedwing officerstack asf or strike
      Personally, ASFs. I never really bother with strike fighters, to be honest, unless I've got resources to burn in the later game.

Fixed Wing Officer + 4 ASFs will kill enemy ASFs and helicopters, plus it's useable as a ground attack force against small-ish stacks or isolated units.

Fixed Wing Officer + 4 Strike Fighters is great for ground attacks or killing helicopters, but it won't compete with enemy ASFs at all well.
    • WalterChang wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Jonthan1232 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

What did you try so far
      Inf commander-Idk

Fixed Wing stack is odd and kind of pointlessm, you either go full strike or full air superiority, just mix in some normal and naval variantsAirborne needs a second stack of 5 spec ops, short before engagement you join both stacks, so you jump with 1 + 9 not 1 + 4

I actually think putting a stealth strike fighter in with some ASFs is a really good idea! I'd never thought of that.Your opponent will see the planes coming and just think you're attacking ground targets with ASFs, so might not respond in the same way as he he would if he knew there was strike fighter unit in the stack. Fixed wing officer + 3 ASF + stealth strike is actually quite punchy when it comes to attacking ground targets, but it wouldn't look like so strong from the outside. Deception is always a good weapon.

I enjoy pairing 4 stealth ASFs with a UAV and luring them in.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD