Custom Nation Names and Flags

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hydralysk wrote:

Allow players to replace the name of the nation they are playing, as well as the flag.
      Similar to what we can do with Coalition creation.
      This is a feature already available with CoN's sister game, Supremacy 1914. It is a good idea and allows for some fun/creative countrys (ex. if Italy or someone else conquered the mediterranean area, they could rename to the Roman Empire) but due to the map's overlays (how the country names appear on the map when fully zoomed out) it would be hard to put in the game.

Besides, I can almost bet that there will be abusers who do things like N@zi Germany and stuff, and I would be bound to see the n@zi flag, sov. union flag, etc. as well as other revealing or racist images as "flags"
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • "...things like N@zi Germany and stuff, and I would be bound to see the n@zi flag, sov. union flag, etc. as well as other revealing or racist images as "flags""

Um, you can do that now with your coalition.
      Besides, requiring a game to coddle to your triggers is a sure fire way for that company to achieve financial ruin.
      You know, "Get woke, go broke".
    • I am not too fond of Nazi's, Commies, Alt-Left, Dictators, or other oppressors of liberty either.

Just cuz I don't like them doesn't mean I have to run to my safe space when I see them in fantasy settings.
      If others want to use those icons in games, fine by me.
      Makes beating them just a little bit more enjoyable.

Remember, no matter what you believe in, it offends someone (and most likely a bunch of them) on the internet.
    • Hydralysk wrote:

I am not too fond of Nazi's, Commies, Alt-Left, Dictators, or other oppressors of liberty either.

Just cuz I don't like them doesn't mean I have to run to my safe space when I see them in fantasy settings.
      If others want to use those icons in games, fine by me.
      Makes beating them just a little bit more enjoyable.

Remember, no matter what you believe in, it offends someone (and most likely a bunch of them) on the internet.
      I agree with you, but apparently that's not what the devs want...

I think they want the game to be as welcoming to new players as possible, and they dont want them to get offended by *things* (including the flags mentioned above). For example, I'm not offended by the nazi flag, but a Jew leaving near the Germany area might be. Also I sometimes see nud3 images as coalition "flags" so they're probably trying to prevent that also.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Okay, since a few individuals are fearful of seeing something that may trigger them into spasmodic fits, allow players to set their view of the game to either allow custom flags and national names to be seen by them, or to keep their views restricted to the default game images.

Which means that for those with a very limited tolerance of that which doesn't fit their political dogma, they can remain in their comfort zone, blissfully unaware of the wider world around them.
      Meanwhile the rest of us can enjoy the game with a more vibrant set of images/labels.
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Okay, since a few individuals are fearful of seeing something that may trigger them into spasmodic fits, allow players to set their view of the game to either allow custom flags and national names to be seen by them, or to keep their views restricted to the default game images.

Which means that for those with a very limited tolerance of that which doesn't fit their political dogma, they can remain in their comfort zone, blissfully unaware of the wider world around them.
      Meanwhile the rest of us can enjoy the game with a more vibrant set of images/labels.
      There are more things in heaven and earth, H, than are dreamt of in your oppinions

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• Hydralysk wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I think it's hilarious that people still fail to realize that symbols only have the power you give them.
      I think it is hilarious that some people still fail to realize how to use the power that people give to symbols.
      Oh I understand how it's used, but it's funny because it is all a smoke and mirrors show.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I don't have a problem with symbols either. When I form a coalition I sometimes use a jolly roger flag (pirate flag) and name my coalition after a real life pirate. It is all just in fun, kind of like "Pirates of the Caribbean" . No offense intended and hope I don't offend anyone but I expect it could. I have never been called out for it by the mods so I guess it is ok.
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC