Newpaper Stats - More Rankings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Newpaper Stats - More Rankings

In the newspaper everyday, we are given a ranking in terms of a particular statistic. There is currently: World's Largest Economies, World's Most Notorious Nations, Most Popular Trending Nations.

Some more interesting stats we could have are:
      - World's Largest Army
      - World's Largest Air Force
      - World's Largest Navy
      - World's Most Diplomatic Nations (Most private messages sent)
      - World's Most Populous Nations
    • l'accorddeParis wrote:

In the newspaper everyday, we are given a ranking in terms of a particular statistic. There is currently: World's Largest Economies, World's Most Notorious Nations, Most Popular Trending Nations.

Some more interesting stats we could have are:
      - World's Largest Army <- Probably gives away to much
      - World's Largest Air Force <- Probably gives away to much
      - World's Largest Navy <- Probably gives away to much
      - World's Most Diplomatic Nations (Most private messages sent) <- not really interesting, on many maps i pretty much write no messages, because we communicate via discord
      - World's Most Populous Nations <- likely the same as the current production one, because population hugely impacts production
      If a army size statistic, then one of all troop types together and in manpower
    • I would love it for RP purposes, but it existed in the past and has been deleted because it hinted a bit too much "who was a customer" to the taste of the company.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • OK, so throwing out the ones Opulon said, what could be added that wouldn't violate this ...

Most territory seized
      Most territory lost
      Most zombies farmed :saint:
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I too would like to see the liked/disliked/notorious stats replaced by more something useful.

So far the only one (among the current three) I care about is the economic report. It is useful.

If the other two are useful, I haven't yet figured out how or why they are.

KFG

PS: This is a bit off-topic, but in the same neighborhood ... The format of the newspaper makes it really hard to use. Who else would like to encourage Dorado to always use country names instead of obscure NPC "player" names or country flags, and to restructure the announcements to remove ambiguities?

To do this without ruining the role-players' fun, maybe the newspaper could come in two formats (one would be the current format, the other would be just a table or two of the "hard" facts, without the fluff).
    • "If the other two are useful, I haven't yet figured out how or why they are."

No, they aren't useful, and they are a legacy of another game. They basically tell you who is the more "appreciated" by the AI throughout a obscure popularity system that mostly defines who get embargoed and attacked by the AI. Not relevant in the greater picture.

"PS: This is a bit off-topic, but in the same neighborhood ... The format of the newspaper makes it really hard to use. Who else would like to encourage Dorado to always use country names instead of obscure NPC "player" names or country flags, and to restructure the announcements to remove ambiguities?"

I agree again. Mostly a legacy. It would be cool to have a newspaper overhaul.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.