UAV violations, what's YOUR stand?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hydralysk wrote:

Opulon wrote:

except when you get them to stealth, which you honestly should because they become more than useful :D
      except when you get your radars to stealth location, which you honestly should because they negate the stealth advantage.Which puts UAV's back into the 'overt' category.
      they only negate the stealth within their sightrange, which is pretty small and makes the anti-stealth attribute largely useless tbh
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Opulon wrote:

except when you get them to stealth, which you honestly should because they become more than useful :D
      except when you get your radars to stealth location, which you honestly should because they negate the stealth advantage.Which puts UAV's back into the 'overt' category.

Nah, only in sight range. Stealth remains pretty advantagous whatever the situation.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Thank you for providing your source.

You did read of course that the definition includes the caveat that "The practice is clandestine.", right?
      Which as I understand it, means that it is not out in the open for everyone to see.

Again, UAV flights are about as obvious as they get.
      You focus on that one thing and hold on to dear life, thinking it makes your point, when just below, they detail the spying of the U-2 plane overflights, which are essential no different than UAV overflights, demolishing that one point.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Opulon wrote:

Nah, only in sight range. Stealth remains pretty advantagous whatever the situation.
      As far as I can recall, when I had my radars upgraded they picked up stealth birds at their normal scan range.Plus, the Research notes list no restrictions on detection range for stealth location technology.

Depends how old the last time you encountered the case was. The game behaved as you describe a bit more than a year ago. Then... they changed it, to buff stealth.

Maybe they rechanged it recently, but then, on my current map, my rival is very good at staying calm with the 20 drones scouting all his territory around his T3 awacs.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Hydralysk wrote:

As far as I can recall, when I had my radars upgraded they picked up stealth birds at their normal scan range.
      Plus, the Research notes list no restrictions on detection range for stealth location technology.
      I think you're right.

Stealth aircraft do not have a radar signature, according the unit description. But in reality, it seems they do - but one that can only be picked by stealth-reveal units that themselves have a radar. I've seen this work with a Stealth ASF of mine picking up an aerial radar signature over one of my cities - then when I moved in closer to within sight-range it was revealed to be an F117 from a neutral country, spying on me.

I sent him a sarcastic message, and he withdrew it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      EDIT:

Opulon wrote:

Depends how old the last time you encountered the case was. The game behaved as you describe a bit more than a year ago. Then... they changed it, to buff stealth.

Maybe they rechanged it recently, but then, on my current map, my rival is very good at staying calm with the 20 drones scouting all his territory around his T3 awacs.
      I was typing when you posted this. That explains it, thanks!
    • Opulon wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

Opulon wrote:

As far as I can recall, when I had my radars upgraded they picked up stealth birds at their normal scan range.Plus, the Research notes list no restrictions on detection range for stealth location technology.

Shit! Wait, ... you mean they don't even bother to send you guys (Dorado guys but non devs) a freaking memo on what and when they actually change things????
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • It's not that simple.

Sometimes things change that they themselves didn't wanted to change :D

Sometimes they change things to "test if it goes better".

They usually inform us, but it's hard to keep track. As every game, it's messy.

To their credit, it's never "withholding informations". It's more like forgetting there is no more expresso at the coffee machine.
    • Hydralysk wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

I also strongly encourage them to invest in rigorously communicating this sort of thing. Maybe in the Wiki?
      Wiki is nice, putting it in the patch notes and posting that to the forum is also good.I see a lot of games on Steam putting their changes to the game in their forums there, so I suspect that is a 'best practices' idea.
      :thumbup:
      You and I might be referring to two sides of the same coin. it's both important to receive a "push" notification as each change happens, and to have a sum-of-all-changes description people can "pull" from.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

So in my Mobile game, a dude flies 2 of his UAVs right into the heart of my territory and hovers above my cities checking out my troops. I naturally declare war and shot one of them out of the sky. Then he asks me if we are cool????

I know what the Wiki says, "UAVs don't declare war" when crossing into non friendly airspace, but in my book, anytime you even graze reveal my lands with UAVs, I'm declaring on you.

What is you guys opinions on this?
      That was you? You shot my hot dog delivery drone down?

_____________________________________________________________________________

I have used UAVs to just keep an eye on an opponents territory where I didn't have many defending units. Not to attack. However, if it got shot down, that is a risk to be expected.

If someone hovered them over a city. I would expect the UAV to get shot down.

Or a warning message before doing so in both cases.

When I flew my drone over the player's territory who I was at peace with, he sent me a message, and I moved it out.
      Although I had some diplomatic leverage because he sent a spy into one of my cities. So I used that fact as reasoning for my drone just patrolling around.

I have also effectively ferried & vector ferried drones purposely over territory / cities to get a look at what is going on. "Just passing through, nothing to see here".
    • Opulon wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

Opulon wrote:

well to be fair, i've had my ground radar pick out enemy stealthbombers as radar contact ... with a ground signature
      im not really sure how consistent that issue is tho because stealthaircraft are pretty rare to encounter... but i spotted them at least 2-3 times in that game
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • @Tom_Cruise

Or...

A UAV over your territory is a sign that the owner isn't going to attack.

While UAV owners are attacking elsewhere, it's useful for them to keep an eye on the rest of their neighbors.

Good intell lets the UAV owner know how much of their army should be invested in defense while the rest of it attacks someone other than you.

The situation can be an opportunity to ally with the owner, an opportunity to prep to attack the owner, or a prelude to the owner attacking you.

Your progress depends on your ability to determine which of these is true. Acting on instinct instead of asking, "What would Sun Tzu recommend?", is generally a bad plan.

KFG