A lack of CoNtent creators?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A lack of CoNtent creators?

In other games such as Minecraft there are hundreds (or maybe even thousands?) of different content creators, on youtube, twitch and more. But in CoN, it seems like there are very few.

I have always been curious about this lack of creators. I see a lot of potential of this game on youtube and more, and there is a lot of possibilities with such a diverse game.

What do you guys think about this situation?
    • ZDude666 wrote:

In other games such as Minecraft there are hundreds (or maybe even thousands?) of different content creators, on youtube, twitch and more. But in CoN, it seems like there are very few.

I have always been curious about this lack of creators. I see a lot of potential of this game on youtube and more, and there is a lot of possibilities with such a diverse game.

IDK, I keep suggesting great things like this:
      -
      MRLS God2.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • ZDude666 wrote:

How many people played monthly to Conflict of Nations those last years ? Around 50 000. How many play daily ? Around 5 thousands, i think. Not bad figures, it's a niche online strategy game. The Juggernaut of Grand Strategy Games, Paradox Interactive, usually get 20 000 to play daily.

How many people played monthly to Minecraft those last yers ? 130 000 000 at least one month, 60 000 000 monthly.

It's hard to compare two ships that have a difference factor of 1 200 in terms of volume, the size of companies, and such.

Now, there are some content creators on CoN, and there are some things done for them, but we can't really expect the size of Minecraft/War Thunder/World of Tanks things :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • You're right. The Minecraft game has a lot of fans. I adore playing this game. I think I've been playing it since high school... There are a lot of reviews of the Minecraft game on YouTube, and I don't miss a single review about the updated version of the game. The game has gained popularity because of its simple graphics and unusual atmosphere. The world consists of no circles, triangles, or polygons. Even the round objects in the game are made of pixels. Even the Sun and Moon are square... This is the peculiarity of this game. The only disadvantage of the game is a large number of servers. The creators themselves say that you need to spend a lot of time searching for a good server. That's why I always choose a server from the list of minecraft.buzz, where most people are online, and I go there. What servers do you play on?
    • lashawnver wrote:

You're right. The Minecraft game has a lot of fans. I adore playing this game. I think I've been playing it since high school... There are a lot of reviews of the Minecraft game on YouTube, and I don't miss a single review about the updated version of the game. The game has gained popularity because of its simple graphics and unusual atmosphere. The world consists of no circles, triangles, or polygons. Even the round objects in the game are made of pixels. Even the Sun and Moon are square... This is the peculiarity of this game. The only disadvantage of the game is a large number of servers. The creators themselves say that you need to spend a lot of time searching for a good server. That's why I always choose a server from the list of minecraft.buzz, where most people are online, and I go there. What servers do you play on?
      How I wish I could roll through minecraft server after minecraft server with a death stack of MRLS laying waste to everything I encounter.
    • lashawnver wrote:

You're right. The Minecraft game has a lot of fans. I adore playing this game. I think I've been playing it since high school... There are a lot of reviews of the Minecraft game on YouTube, and I don't miss a single review about the updated version of the game. The game has gained popularity because of its simple graphics and unusual atmosphere. The world consists of no circles, triangles, or polygons. Even the round objects in the game are made of pixels. Even the Sun and Moon are square... This is the peculiarity of this game. The only disadvantage of the game is a large number of servers. The creators themselves say that you need to spend a lot of time searching for a good server. That's why I always choose a server from the list of Modern Age 2 Mod Apk, where most people are online, and I go there. What servers do you play on?
      Very true, I played it and it was fun. Thank you for sharing it.
    • ZDude666 wrote:

it’s hard to show a game on YouTube where doing one action takes hours. If there’s was a let’s say x20 game mode (which would be horrible) then streamers and you tubers could play it
      “I hate 4x” -me
    • Speaking as someone who DOESN'T create YouTube or other videos, I'll still bet a nice dinner that there is surely a way for someone (who is motivated enough) to create videos illustrating enjoying playing CoN that combine time lapse sections, sped up sections, and/or still images that were accumulated over time,.

The methods "have to" exist, however, because a CoN game isn't full of continuous action, the motivation seems to be in short supply.

Kudos! to the folks like Meliodas (who is often the poster child for this stuff) and to anyone/everyone else who takes the time to produce the videos that do exist for fun, for applause, or for profit.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Speaking as someone who DOESN'T create YouTube or other videos, I'll still bet a nice dinner that there is surely a way for someone (who is motivated enough) to create videos illustrating enjoying playing CoN that combine time lapse sections, sped up sections, and/or still images that were accumulated over time,.

The methods "have to" exist, however, because a CoN game isn't full of continuous action, the motivation seems to be in short supply.

Kudos! to the folks like Meliodas (who is often the poster child for this stuff) and to anyone/everyone else who takes the time to produce the videos that do exist for fun, for applause, or for profit.
      funny how i have video on that done by 1/4
      - it will be voiced
      - explain all details with unit animation and background taken from the map
      then accidently delete the project.
      never touch it since.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Speaking as someone who DOESN'T create YouTube or other videos, I'll still bet a nice dinner that there is surely a way for someone (who is motivated enough) to create videos illustrating enjoying playing CoN that combine time lapse sections, sped up sections, and/or still images that were accumulated over time,.

funny how i have video on that done by 1/4 - it will be voiced
      - explain all details with unit animation and background taken from the map
      then accidently delete the project.
      never touch it since.
      Ah procrastination, my old friend.

But in all seriousness, I do agree with what you all are saying, in that there are not that many Content Creators, but then again as people have also correctly said in this thread, CoN is quite a niche and the most generic content is already catered for, and (speaking for myself) if I get my fix from one creator, I very rarely would search for others who do the same job.

Ideas are quite hard to come by, and it often takes very creative individual to put a unique spin on a video series to make it engaging and interesting.