[Concept Art] If CoN have weather system.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Concept Art] If CoN have weather system.

How would I integrate weather to grand scale of CoN?
      - by not use those minor weather, such as rain or snow. go straight for something BIG! STORM!

how would it work in dev pov?
      - a big cycle of debuff/attribute. a side from global phenomenon, this *should* be the second best easy to implement. (doesn't mean it not hard lmao)

balance aspect.
      - it would be bad if it just negatively effect, so there certainly need to carefully balance. person in storm shouldn't just get drag down while all other thrive

let talk about weather feature of my idea.
      - configed pathway, only random is where it start, when, speed, size, how long it last.
      The less random it is, the more potential of good balance.
      - Units in storm can't be fully revealed (at best appear as unidentified army)
      - reduce all signature by one level.
      - 1-2 day forecast pathway
      - storm can grow or reduce in categories each passing day.
      - note: categories 0 don't have any effect, its there to let you know that... storm is coming (or be a gonner)
      - note: minimum speed in storm for ground is 0.3 and air is 3.0 can only go under if overstacked
      - doesn't effect Heavy class of Aircraft (High Altitude flying ability)

categoriessize + comparedamageincoming damageground speedair speed
      0100 (mrls)////
      0200 (lv3 m-radar)////
      1350 (max AWACS + 50)-10%-10%-10%-10%
      2??? Can cover 1/4 USA in WW3-20%-20%-20%-20%
      3??? Can cover 2/4 USA in WW3-45%-45%-30%-30%
      4??? Can cover 3/4 USA in WW3-60%-60%-40%-40%
      5??? Can cover WHOLE USA in WW3-75%-75%-50%-50%

Effectively, units inside the storm just get slowed movement and combat.
      their combat performance should stay the same but take longer.
      You can sneak your units in storm. like those deadzone in rising tiles
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • The difficulty will be, to make sure, that those storm won't benefit one side more then others. Would be not so much fun, if you could lose war just because a storm screwed you over.

It would be very thematic for a map like Black Out/Rising Tide if you first get only small storms every now and then, and later ever bigger storms over time.

It should not be a thing on every map, because some people will most likely prefer to play without such a disturbance.
    • Not a fan.

This seems more like a nearly-random "You're temporarily screwed" event that has a real-world analog, in a game where that event and its effects can't be correctly simulated.

Sure, in the game, Dorado can slow down units and reduce their combat strengths, but that is hardly an accurate reflection of the real constellation of systems and effects that are involved in dealing with weather in a real conflict.

I would prefer seeing Dorado work on something else (several something elses) before they invest their time in the large-storm parts of climate and weather.

The post was edited 2 times, last by KFGauss ().

• KFGauss wrote:

but that is hardly an accurate reflection of the real constellation of systems and effects that are involved in dealing with weather in a real conflict.

Yep, it ain't.
      And we care, why?
      In much (frankly, I think all) of this game, features aren't "...an accurate reflection of the real constellation of systems and effects that are involved...", but they do impart the image, and a bit of the feeling, of those real world features.

If you require "...an accurate reflection..." in your game features, I suspect that CON ain't really the product for your discriminating tastes.
    • H,

We/I don't care - Not in the sense I think you're asking.

And, because the differences between CoN and an accurate simulation are so glaringly obvious, suggesting I'm using accurate simulations as my goal is an odd thing to write.

Playbabe, not me, suggested using (simply-simulated) big-storms to alter the game, presumably because big storms have big effects in real life.

If Playbabe wasn't trying to be a little realistic, Playbabe could have just suggested a sharknado, or a swarm of black holes, or geysers of choclate and beer that distract the soldiers, or ...

What I meant is that I don't think the change Playbabe suggested would be an important addition to the skins and other features that give the game in a patina of "realism", and I don't see how the effects on units would be justified (useful enough) for any other reason.

KFG

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• correct, in order to make it not "You're temporarily screwed" and fair to anyone inside or outside it.
      it become a dull feature, which not worth putting in the game.

how ever i still want to pitch about it because aside from globally effected (like how you can't reveal army in cyber black event), this in my opinion, something that have most chance of possibility.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Kalrakh wrote:

The difficulty will be, to make sure, that those storm won't benefit one side more then others. Would be not so much fun, if you could lose war just because a storm screwed you over.

It would be very thematic for a map like Black Out/Rising Tide if you first get only small storms every now and then, and later ever bigger storms over time.

It should not be a thing on every map, because some people will most likely prefer to play without such a disturbance.
      Well, you COULD lose a war in RL because of a storm, <ahem> Spanish Armada
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

The difficulty will be, to make sure, that those storm won't benefit one side more then others. Would be not so much fun, if you could lose war just because a storm screwed you over.

Yes, though not many would consider it a 'fun' game experience even more with how limited resources already are.

The game is plastered with inactives for a reason after all.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Yes, though not many would consider it a 'fun' game experience even more with how limited resources already are.
      The game is plastered with inactives for a reason after all.
      If the Devs could fix THAT one problem, the rest of them wouldn't matter as much.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • playbabe wrote:

- by not use those minor weather, such as rain or snow. go straight for something BIG! STORM!

- a big cycle of debuff/attribute. a side from global phenomenon, this *should* be the second best easy to implement. (doesn't mean it not hard lmao)

balance aspect.
      - it would be bad if it just negatively effect, so there certainly need to carefully balance. person in storm shouldn't just get drag down while all other thrive

- configed pathway, only random is where it start, when, speed, size, how long it last.
      - note: categories 0 don't have any effect, its there to let you know that... storm is coming (or be a gonner)
      - note: minimum speed in storm for ground is 0.3 and air is 3.0 can only go under if overstacked

0100 (mrls)////
      0200 (lv3 m-radar)////

Good idea and must be implemented. We know how weather always helped russia against europeans and helped japanese against Mongols.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • Dracula wrote:

playbabe wrote:

balance aspect.

0100 (mrls)////
      0200 (lv3 m-radar)////

Good idea and must be implemented. We know how weather always helped russia against europeans and helped japanese against Mongols.
      Russia was less helped by weather and more by climate and seasons. Attacking in winter was never a bright idea.