Defeated country still has army

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Defeated country still has army

I am at war with a country with no cities and no territories. They have had a large army just sat in one of my territories for a few days now. Should I worry about them? I don't want to waste troops killing them so can I just ignore them or do I need to leave troops nearby in case they wake up?
      " 'Peace?' said Vetinari. 'Ah, yes, defined as a period of time to allow for preparation for the next war.' " Sir Terry Pratchett
    • I mean yes and no, the player most likely gave up and achieved the game you are in, but their is a chance they are waiting it out and will come back and attack you when you go offline. I would recommend taking them our with some artillery or helicopters or the best way in my opinion on taking our any ground troop is using a stack of strike fighters.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

AI will move them against you. May take two days of inactivity by user before AI takes over. Take them out via airstrike or artillery.
      No AI if no country is left
      I have a case where Benelux still has 1 city, and 2 other territories, with 3 units (2 infantry and a towed artillery) sitting in my territory not moving. I have extended RoW to Benelux in the hope he would move said units, but they just sit there. NOTE: I have never been at war with Benelux.

SO, here we have a situation where the A.I. has seemingly dies WITH Territories, a City AND Units.
      -
      benelux question.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • KFGauss wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

The AI has no reason to move them though?
      Amplifying what K wrote,
      *If* the AI has to obey the same rules players do, moving those units that are stuck on your side of a province will trigger an automatic war declaration, and the AI *might* have logic that tells it to avoid doing that.
      Please read more thoroughly. I said "I have extended RoW to Benelux in the hope he would move said units" so you see, that is not the case. He can move freely in my territory.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Not sure if having only one city already is enough to disable AI, after all 1 city countries have no AI from the start, as far as I know.

How ever it could just be, that the AI sees no reason to move those troops. Or that the AI can't move them because they are not in the center of a province and therefore do not get recognized.

You could test the 'liveliness' of AI, by shooting on the stack with one artillery and see if they move then, I suppose.
    • It has been experience AI makes it easy to beat late in game. Like if country leaves 5 stack of armor/1 inf it could easily cause you issues but it breaks apart 1 armr at a time in adjacent provinences. Or if have big stack in city and shell with ship...AI leaves 1 unit in city and rest try to escap via sea and commit suicide running into ship.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

It has been experience AI makes it easy to beat late in game. Like if country leaves 5 stack of armor/1 inf it could easily cause you issues but it breaks apart 1 armr at a time in adjacent provinences. Or if have big stack in city and shell with ship...AI leaves 1 unit in city and rest try to escap via sea and commit suicide running into ship.
      While the suicide runs from coastal cities by the A.I. are still a thing, another thing you missed is they tweaked the A.I.'s aggressiveness and intellect a bit. Now, when taking over for a player, the A.I. will keep pumping out infantry, Recon vehichles and AFVs if the player had that tech when they left. It can make things a chore now late game, not hard, but more time consuming to clear out an A.I. country left alone for most of the game.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Amplifying what K wrote,*If* the AI has to obey the same rules players do, moving those units that are stuck on your side of a province will trigger an automatic war declaration, and the AI *might* have logic that tells it to avoid doing that.
      Please read more thoroughly. I said "I have extended RoW to Benelux in the hope he would move said units" so you see, that is not the case. He can move freely in my territory.
      K - You're exactly right - My bad.

Although . . . For RoW to take effect, does the other player have to accept it??? If they do, then the AI might not be smart enough (or motivated enough) to accept your offer?

And - If I'm wrong about the other player needing to accept an RoW offer - Then I give up, and I'll stop embarrassing myself. X/

KFG
    • KFGauss wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Amplifying what K wrote,*If* the AI has to obey the same rules players do, moving those units that are stuck on your side of a province will trigger an automatic war declaration, and the AI *might* have logic that tells it to avoid doing that.
      K - You're exactly right - My bad.
      Although . . . For RoW to take effect, does the other player have to accept it??? If they do, then the AI might not be smart enough (or motivated enough) to accept your offer?

And - If I'm wrong about the other player needing to accept an RoW offer - Then I give up, and I'll stop embarrassing myself. X/

KFG
      The Diplomacy screen shows him with RoW in my territory.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Kalrakh wrote:

You only need both sides RoW, if you want to enter his territory too. :)
      Oh, Ima gonna enter his territory alright, right after I finish off West Germany
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

K - You're exactly right - My bad.Although . . . For RoW to take effect, does the other player have to accept it??? If they do, then the AI might not be smart enough (or motivated enough) to accept your offer?

KFG
      The Diplomacy screen shows him with RoW in my territory.
      Did that country start off as a player or was it AI from the start? If the former, maybe the AI never took over as the player has SC? If not, then I think you found a great example of a flaw in the "logic" the AI uses to play the game.