What is deal with Insurgents popping in middle of Day

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is deal with Insurgents popping in middle of Day

OK I havnt played in like a yr (pretty successful btw) but used to be insurgents only popped at midnight every day then good till next day. Damn had a city go rogue just now half way through day.

so are Insurgents popping up anytime now? I assume so as second time (first time was like 15 min after midnight and thought just a lag) but now just left city midday to take a province and lost a city??

On a USA map which never played before.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

OK I havnt played in like a yr (pretty successful btw) but used to be insurgents only popped at midnight every day then good till next day. Damn had a city go rogue just now half way through day.

so are Insurgents popping up anytime now? I assume so as second time (first time was like 15 min after midnight and thought just a lag) but now just left city midday to take a province and lost a city??

On a USA map which never played before.
      HOLY SHIT! Welcome back, I was fearing you died! Glad that isn't the case.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Thanks brother .. was just burnt out on game. Back at it #1 in N America map on day 5 after starting with British Columbia in like 25th place. This insurgent thing threw a wrench in my strategy. But still in habit of getting to cities by midnight; which now seems doesnt matter. This change does seem to slow you down a bit (or at least me how was used to playing but adapting).

I like the new map. With high amount of AI states it makes for a land grab in midwest. I have my Western alliance (BC; Idaho, AZ) cleaning up and an eastern alliance taking care of east (Fl, Ohio, Illinois).

It will be a battle at the Mississippi ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• @Buckeyechamp

Well, things you might have missed:
      1.) Nerfed Multiple rocket launcher and ability to fire cruise missile at max level, now gone
      2.) Some interesting Elite Season units, and the nerfing of one (railgun) AIP Elite subs still a game changer
      3.) One really god awful piece of crap "Elite" unit, being offered right now- UGVs - their best ability is to suck up your resources with almost to return on your investment
      4.) Mobile rollout producing tons of new players named userxxxxxx (where xxxxxx is some number) who all most universally suck or abandon the game on day 1
      5.) No new forum champion of strike fighters
      6.) I invented "zombie farming"
      7.) Many new bugs, and some fixes.

... if I think of any more, I'll get back to you.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

And they look like they slowed down air supp. think used to be 15 speed vs 12 speed for Strike. Now both 12
      Not sure, ASF has a speed of 16 at Tier 2, while strike stays at 12 all the way.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• KFGauss wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

day 5 ... 4 strike fighters and 1 cooking. lol
      Who would have thought that a Buckeye fan would have had any redeeming characteristics? ;)
      That's my kind of strategy too (In public games against non-AA opponents (aka against 98.5 out of every 100 opponents so far)).

KFG
      By that time can fire CMs on day 9. sit outside AA range... fire a CM in to trigger AA and even if they get it ... dead in water for 10 min till can fire again. Or vice versa send in one plane as sacrificial lamb. then slam a CM in too take out AA. then send beat up plane back to my high level hospital at home airbase (an must for SF strategy as they get beat up). Usually have 1 AS/4 SF stack and air support helps if attacked in air and takes half the damage.

• People who should know tell me that you and I will get our butts handed to us if we try that against strong opponents in an alliance challenge match, but in the public games, "Yes."

Especially if you can find a couple of decent allies with good ground/naval skills.

I think someone recently called doing well in public games "Public Elite" status. I'm not sure they meant it as much of a compliment though. :) Regardless, I can live with that.
    • I have 14 (9 coal and 5 solo) of 17 played so far (1st game quit day 2 as didnt have a clue) so 14 of 16 actually played (1 "loss" came in 2nd overall and was just a long ass world match and my coalition wasn't in great shape to win and game winner (solo) and I were cool and didnt want to fight each other after 60 days and we were so far ahead of anyone else left at #1 and 2... just let him take rest of china to end game as negotiated peace). so technically have lost 1 game and lets just say opponent on Mideast map contributed mightily to CoN profits that month ;)