Chain Lightning Attack, or Bug?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Chain Lightning Attack, or Bug?

Three targets, each one in a different province.
      All are within the range of one artillery stack.

What I have seen in the past is that after an artillery stack attacks a target, the stack waits for about an hour before firing again.

In this instance though, the stack attacked a target and destroyed it.
      Then in less than a minute, the same artillery stack attacked a second target, again destroying it.
      The artillery stack then proceeded to attack a third target, this time not destroying it.
      At this point the artillery stack showed the normal count down timer I expect to see.

Is this behavior part of the intentional design, or an undocumented feature (bug)? ?(
    • Hydralysk wrote:

What I have seen in the past is that after an artillery stack attacks a target, the stack waits for about an hour before firing again.

Then in less than a minute, the same artillery stack attacked a second target, again destroying it.
      The artillery stack then proceeded to attack a third target, this time not destroying it.
      At this point the artillery stack showed the normal count down timer I expect to see.

Is this behavior part of the intentional design, or an undocumented feature (bug)? ?(
      Intentional design - 1 shot kills reset the attack clock - now you know why MRLS is so badass
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Should be a bug unless all units in a splash zone?? Not even sure if a thing on arty.

Only units I believe can attack multiple times < an hr are ships you can fire at one from distance then get an attck/defnse volley if collide. Or if in collision battle.... can fire at another target and still get defense volley on collision battle.

or

dvanced inf with attack at range .. can shell at 20 miles ... then re-engage on a collision battle in less than an hr.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

Intentional design - 1 shot kills reset the attack clock - now you know why MRLS is so badass
      really?? that sounds like a developer who loves arty as that seems unreasonable. heck I single kill units via strike... same principle I should be able to go about my business instead of return to base.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Should be a bug unless all units in a splash zone?? Not even sure if a thing on arty.

Only units I believe can attack multiple times < an hr are ships you can fire at one from distance then get an attck/defnse volley if collide. Or if in collision battle.... can fire at another target and still get defense volley on collision battle.

or

dvanced inf with attack at range .. can shell at 20 miles ... then re-engage on a collision battle in less than an hr.
      No, not a bug, the Devs are well aware of it.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• KFGauss wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

8| Scooby Doo says, "Rut!?"
      Now I'm wondering if I cluelessly missed that tidbit when reading other posts, or if folks just neglected to mention/emphasize it.

That's the sort of nugget that deserves its own heading in the Wiki.
      Shhhhhhhhh!
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• I must admit.. the guy that posted death by arty... his opponent sounds like a only guy who stopped me in my tracks (for a bit). I was demolishing his coal partner and he flew in that exact same stack like 2 min before i gt to airbase. demolished my ass.

But I back all the way to coast having huge stack of frigs ..... I lured him into an ambush and took out most his air support by frigs and my air supp counter.

Once air was gone was able to hit him with some missiles... enough to stop him in tracks. Dude was cool and we talked out a peace as he was just defending a partner and no beef with him.

But advanced MRLS / AA with a Air supp defense is a hard nut to cr ack (cant believe a banned word...lol).

• Hydralysk wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Well, it is a nice feature.Though how often can you line up your targets so that each dies in one volley?

I wouldn't even try to set something like that up.
      I bet it was his opponent "who set it up" ... sure this guy thought same thing as most assume as would be dead for an hr.... so he broke up units to sacrifice 1 or 2 unts to tie up MRLS in a collision volley. Good strategy... bad coding

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

close one
      killing a whole stack in general sets the next cooldown to 60 seconds
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

killing a whole stack in general sets the next cooldown to 60 seconds
      I knew that bombardment units immediately get another shot if they destroy their target; I think it's the same in Call of War. But I didn't know about the 60 second cooldown, rather than the unit automatically switching instantly to its next target (if multiple enemy stacks are in range).This is quite important, because that one minute gives you time to give a specific order (select which stack to target next, or move to a different position) before your unit uses up its 'free' attack on something you don't necessarily want to start attacking yet.

What do you mean by "in general"? Are there cases where it doesn't do this?