Building ASW Helos is stupid, fight me!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WalterChang wrote:

Well, I had my 5 L5 ASWHs by Day 26. It's now Day 42 (they're now L6). In that 2 week period I've used them in battle 3 times, and the rest of the time they've been out spotting for incoming threats. There aren't any units that I don't have, that I wish I did have at this point - or before, come to that.
      laughing-and-pointing4.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • imo biggest issue with asw heli is that while it’s as specialized as gunships/attack helis it lacks a counterpart specialized on surface vessels
      also really lacks any sort of range you’d expect from a unit meant to combat navy; doesn’t even need to be the range of npa
      but 400-500 range (take from that another 100 if you want to stay out of naval bombardment range) paired with the slow speed of helis means that 90% of asw comes down to „pray that the enemy puts his ships/subs close enough to your airfields“
      granted they do synergize pretty well with carriers, but uhm…

TLDR: asw helis are kinda badly optimized for the role they’re supposed to fill
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • WalterChang wrote:

Well, I had my 5 L5 ASWHs by Day 26. It's now Day 42 (they're now L6). In that 2 week period I've used them in battle 3 times, and the rest of the time they've been out spotting for incoming threats. There aren't any units that I don't have, that I wish I did have at this point - or before, come to that.
      Side topic (This isn't an ASW Heli question)

@WalterChang- In that game you just described (that has reached Day 42) are you working solo or are you part of a coalition?
    • KFGauss wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Side topic (This isn't an ASW Heli question)
      @WalterChang- In that game you just described (that has reached Day 42) are you working solo or are you part of a coalition?
      I'm in a coalition of 2. It used to be 3, but the other guy spent the whole time researching and building loads of high end units, on a narrow range. Then he finally went on the attack, lost, and quit.

• I suggest new unit for new Season:
      Elite ASW HelicopterDescription:
      Very powerful unit :D
      3.0 attack against subs (I didn't see it in my 10x speed game - not useful; but it's strong against Meta triangle )
      1.o attack against infantry (it can attack the BEST UNIT =O )
      1.0 attack against tanks (finally something useful against the meta unit) -
      1.0 against strike fighters (I will buy SC membership only because I can crush the strongest air unit :rolleyes: )
      The meaning of my life is to destroy an indestructible motorized infantry with an elite ASW helicopter :D
      I will never play CoN again if Elite ASW won't be Seasonal unit.
    • Tzztzttztz wrote:

I suggest new unit for new Season:
      3.0 attack against subs (I didn't see it in my 10x speed game - not useful; but it's strong against Meta triangle )
      1.0 against strike fighters (I will buy SC membership only because I can crush the strongest air unit :rolleyes: )
      The meaning of my life is to destroy an indestructible motorized infantry with an elite ASW helicopter :D
      looking at your post^ I am completely non plussed at what you believe the meta triangle to be that contains tanks and possibly subs (hard to tell for sure by the wording)????
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Tzztzttztz wrote:

I suggest new unit for new Season:
      looking at your post^ I am completely non plussed at what you believe the meta triangle to be that contains tanks and possibly subs (hard to tell for sure by the wording)????
      It is a description of the average CoN player and his Meta units
    • Tzztzttztz wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

OK, gotcha now.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Tzztzttztz wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

OK, gotcha now.
      Maybe that’s a description of my ally in my current wwz game:Asw helios, tanks, strike fighters and motorized infantry only :D