One thing that hasnt changed is peeps whining when they get attacked in a War game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• One thing that hasnt changed is peeps whining when they get attacked in a War game

OK On USA map and cleaning house as usual ;) down to 2 coalitions and ours way better out west. so Im coming hard across miss River and illinois now decides its a good time to develop some air defense. Despite anyone that reads free intelligence (daily news feed) should have known a week ago.

So When just getting into Minn I see Ill cities most likely building up cities to finally build SAMS. So what would any real military leader do ..... build an airfield and bombed him back to stone ages with Strike Fighters as had zero defenses.

NOT FAIR HE CRIES ... Like I should sit there and wait for him to finally build some air defense. Then why am i so mean .. despite ok when they beat other countries. Why cant we all be friends...lol

Well only one winning team in war... thats why.

Kicker...He conned a Rookie member of my coalition into helping him. (back door deals best way to get booted from a coalition BTW).

So now they will both get smashed.

Dont beg for mercy.. Be a Man!! (Godfather slap)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Come on now DoD - There is often some sense in asking "Why are you attacking me?", when what they are saying is "I'm surprised I'm at at the top of your hit list." The emphasis is on the "me" part of it, not on the "Why are you attacking" part of it.

Sometimes even the most experience players in any game get curious about other players' motivations and strategies.

Other times, yeah it's just someone who needs a dose of reality.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Come on now DoD - There is often some sense in asking "Why are you attacking me?", when what they are saying is "I'm surprised I'm at at the top of your hit list." The emphasis is on the "me" part of it, not on the "Why are you attacking" part of it.

Sometimes even the most experience players in any game get curious about other players' motivations and strategies.

Besides your next in line of countries? My motivation is to win the game, early one Ill make peace if strategic to winning else everyone not in my coalition is a target.

Although my best partner ever we started at war day 1. Which day 1 my neighbor is either becomes an ally or Im taking out ASAP.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• KFGauss wrote:

Come on now DoD - There is often some sense in asking "Why are you attacking me?", when what they are saying is "I'm surprised I'm at at the top of your hit list." The emphasis is on the "me" part of it, not on the "Why are you attacking" part of it.

No, KFC, YOU "come on". Seriously, in a public match, everyone is your enemy and should always expect attack from everyone else, unless they are a personal friend, or in their coalition (some times even then :) )
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

No, KFC, YOU "come on". Seriously, in a public match, everyone is your enemy and should always expect attack from everyone else, unless they are a personal friend, or in their coalition (some times even then :) )
      You do you. I'll do me.

I always expect everyone to do what's in their enlightened self-interest; and so, as part of trying to outsmart to help myself win, I try to predict what they will think is in their self-interests.

Like you, I'm sometimes (either as an attacker or defender) completely baffled by the ways current or future opponents choose to shoot themselves in the foot, and I want to learn more. So, sometimes I ask, and sometimes I learn something that makes me a better player.

What BuckeyeFan described *is* different.

KFG
      "Knowledge is good", Emil Faber
    • KFGauss wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

You do you. I'll do me.
      I always expect everyone to do what's in their enlightened self-interest; and so, as part of trying to outsmart to help myself win, I try to predict what they will think is in their self-interests.

Like you, I'm sometimes (either as an attacker or defender) completely baffled by the ways current or future opponents choose to shoot themselves in the foot, and I want to learn more. So, sometimes I ask, and sometimes I learn something that makes me a better player.

What BuckeyeFan described *is* different.

KFG
      "Knowledge is good", Emil Faber
      KFG... you sound like dueche . talk dnt insult .. non of your posts add anything.

• To be honest... no. Ive been catching up and have seen other snarky comments on other threads. We all have our own styles; but most respect others.

Newbies should listen and learn from us (good to get different perspectives). My first game back in a year and seeing some "interesting" tactics from some green players. Only one dude msg me asking for advice after reading my stats.