Shore bombardment

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aggressor X wrote:

Now todays majority of ships depend on missles for bombardment of the shores
      Not guns
      So why not remove navy units ability to bombard
      And let it use only cruise missiles to make bombardment
      Or add a certain ships in research tree specific in bombardment like iawo class
      Agressor,

Do you want CoN to be a simulation of the real world (if you do, then there are plenty things to start changing), or do you want CoN to be fun to play?

I'm guessing you want it to mostly be fun to play, and that you want it to include enough "simulation" to make the rest of the rules sort-of match your intuition (if you don't overthink things).

You didn't describe how your suggestion would affect the "fun" part of playing.

What good effects would the change have on game strategies, tactics, players' learning curves, etc.?

You should tell the Dorado folks and the other forum readers how would the change would make things more fun, or at least how it wouldn't decrease the current fun.
    • I think it is possible to make the game fun and realistic in same time or at least we can get a balance
      You have to put in the consideration that making the game realistic as much as possible will make it more popular and crazy fun
      For ex make an electronic warfare plane
      Fix ranges of teds Sams and mrls according to real life
      .....etc many things
      It will the turning point in the history of con
      If that huge update happens
    • Aggressor X wrote:

I think it is possible to make the game fun and realistic in same time or at least we can get a balance
      Aggressor - Did I say it's impossible to make the game both fun and (very loosely) realistic, or that Dorado can't balance those two things? No, I didn't.

What I did write is this (I'm paraphrasing): If you want your suggestion to succeed, you need to describe BOTH how it affects realism, AND how it affects the "fun".

You only covered one topic, and not the other.

IMO that makes your suggestion incomplete - And incomplete suggestions often get feedback like what Teburu wrote.

There are a zillion realism changes that could be made. Why should anyone care about the one you suggested???? Tell readers how your suggestion will make the game more fun (more fun than any of the other zillion realism changes that Dorado might consider implementing)

KFG
    • Aggressor X wrote:

Now todays majority of ships depend on missles for bombardment of the shores
      Not guns
      So why not remove navy units ability to bombard
      And let it use only cruise missiles to make bombardment
      Or add a certain ships in research tree specific in bombardment like iawo class
      Honestly, as a big Navy player, I hate your suggestion more than Nancy Pelosi hates Donald Trump. Your suggestion would suck the fun out of having a navy and pounding on cities. Try again.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Missiles are part of the basic armament of ships, they are not using cannons only, even though the animation might look like. Same as attack choppers which are strong against armored units because their main attack is anti-armor missiles. Subs on the contrary for example are mainly using torpedos, the reason they can't bombard coasts for example.