Nelva [Education, Valiance, Benevolence] seeks english speakers with brain and heart.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

elo?

English Language Only?

Everyone Loves Ozymandias?

Enormous Leprechaun Omlettes?

To elaborate on what said boomboom :

A bit like chess, Elo supposedly gives an indication of the alliance's skill through the ranking. Problem, as we are not playing chess, and as the formula and context in which alliances play, you usually have two types of alliances.

This type (Let's call it Type A) :

An alliance that is regarded as skilled and worthy of respect fights alliances that "can" beat it, and none ever claims to be invincible or the strongest. In the same way that in any sports, one can be "a top team", and yet, will be beaten if he gets cocky.

It's easy to see the pattern.

So... For those alliances that fight harshly, there is a community recognition of their efforts, martial skill, and worth. However, in PURE ranking, of course, their elo shifts by little amounts. Here, as you can see, the alliance has played 13 matches against good alliances, lost 7, won 6, and won 19 elo due to some victories being against alliances significantly "above them".

This alliance is currently considered as a significant military power.

And... you have this type (let's call it the Type B) :

They fight first and foremost alliances like "this" :

So, here, the alliance has played and won 13 matches, and it gained 94 elo, doing so. When analysing the matches, it's easy to see the pattern : very few (if any) of their opponents, actually defended themselves, or even tried to play, and were very similar to a public game with inactives.

They will claim to be invincible and elite alliances because of that win rate.

In the ranking, the alliance that played 13 matches against non-alliances and won 94 elo with a 100% win rate will of course be significantly higher than the alliance that played 13 matches against "its pairs", with a 40% win rate.

It's also interesting to note that Alliance B will most of the time REFUSE to play with Alliance A most of the time, especially if Alliance A proposes an elite match (aka without Gold). Even more interesting is that a lot of those Type B alliances often have ONE single loss, against a Type A alliance. They played once, understood that winning against them would require actual efforts, and concluded that it was way more simple to just not play them anymore.

Gradually as time passes, then, you have a leaderboard that is shared between alliances that are high because they farmed children repeteadly (or play with gold), and alliances that are high because of years of hard battles.

The funny part is that the alliances that farm childrens tend to be VERY loud and love to brag about their power, while the alliances that are where they are after difficult fights that forced them to train a lot... they are much more discreet and humble.

This tends to make salty a few players that find this situation very unfair, and i agree. Mosquitomoe is amongst them and the philosophical difference between how alliances Type A or B see "power" lead to usual discord clashes. You can see how it can get to points where someone that is agreeing with Mosquitomoe while not leveraging what he knows to be wrong, can conduct to be associated as an enemy.

The stance of Nelva on that is simple : We and them farming alliances simply do not play the same game, they just want their quarter of glory before they disappear and the only ones to have registered their existence as a footname of history... will be us. We have no problem with that, and we are ready to say "oh, you are so mighty" so they can have their release of endorphin. A Good alliance needs a lot of work, mostly to ensure that a player that would join will be happy and enjoy the game through a good community : Those alliances tend to send us by Express Delivery disgrunted players that were seeking true alliances. It's a recruitment nebula all by itself. Hard to complain from that perspective, right ?
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • The higher the Bs get in ELO, the more effort it will take them to climb, because they get even less ELO per battle. But overtime TOP 10 will be likely full of Bs instead of As, because it easier to farm ELO against ten no-names per month than to get ELO if you do 1 Elite Challenge per month. Current ranking only defines mass and not class.

Display Spoiler
      Same also goes for the Single Player Rank List. Rank overall says nothing about the skill level and knowledge of either player nor alliance.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

. . .
      Same also goes for the Single Player Rank List. Rank overall says nothing about the skill level and knowledge of either player nor alliance.
      Yes, I've noticed that.
      My rank doesn't reflect my awesome skill yet.
      =O 8) :saint:

;) ;) ;)
      Sorry buddy but you neither invented Zombie Farming nor Zombie Safari...Aint no skill if you dont invent something real worthy!

But you are right. Elo same as Rank here i pure mass. Its Quantity other then quality. I stayed with Bulgaria (no1 in ranking) for a couple of games till I noticed that they mainly play low ranking clans and they rush them 30 palyer vs 3 player...all infantry spam. no skill. Some player send swimming infantry vs corvettes...again and again and again. I wet myself laughing...

I quit soon after the Second Battle of Doctrines.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

. . .
      Yes, I've noticed that.My rank doesn't reflect my awesome skill yet.
      =O 8) :saint:

;) ;) ;)
      Sorry buddy but you neither invented Zombie Farming nor Zombie Safari...Aint no skill if you dont invent something real worthy!
      But you are right. Elo same as Rank here i pure mass. Its Quantity other then quality. I stayed with Bulgaria (no1 in ranking) for a couple of games till I noticed that they mainly play low ranking clans and they rush them 30 palyer vs 3 player...all infantry spam. no skill. Some player send swimming infantry vs corvettes...again and again and again. I wet myself laughing...

I quit soon after the Second Battle of Doctrines.
      If it is stupid and it works it's ... okay it's still stupid lmao
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Salutations

I am interested in joining your alliance. I have try to find you on discord, but I am an absolute zero with that app…

my discord is
      UglyandHasty#9844

I am fairly new to the game. Still have a lot to learn.
      I am active and intend to play a long time. A good soldier, or coalition coordinator.
      I speak English and français.

I play to win, while having fun.

What else?

If you have question, I’ll gladly answer.

Hope to see ya on the battlefield!!
    • Sadly yes. Discord is the absolute core of the community and not having it would basically cut your from all social interactions, which are the core of said community experience.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Can you point me in the direction of some alliances which don't require Discord? Since I'd really like to start playing some AvA matches, public games are getting tiresome.
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • Hmmm, i'm sorry guys but i don't know any that would also be "active and cool".

I'll ask around if anybody knows a name, but in the vast expanses of the solar system, not having discord is like a civilisation ot having developed radio :D