Nelva [Education, Valiance, Benevolence] seeks english speakers with brain and heart.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nelva [Education, Valiance, Benevolence] seeks english speakers with brain and heart.

As the Oathkeepers (right) merged with Nelva (left), it’s probably time for us to redo our recruitment topic, as we know have a full fledge english speaking population.

Who are we ? We are Nelva, a semi-competitive alliance that grows around the French and English language, with a mixed leadership.

• We try to play well, because challenges are healthy for mind and body. We train.
      • We don’t aim to win tournaments and we disregard heavily “glory hounds”, but to play well enough to be recognised as decent.
      • We don’t claim to be strong. We’ll let our sparring partners say that or the contrary.
      • We claim to be extremely strong culturally and socially, it’s our decade-old focus.
      • We welcome anyone regardless of his level, as long as he has his heart in the good place, which means to not tolerate toxic behaviours, and not being a toxic player. Traitors and such have no place in our walls.
      • We don’t seek Achilles reborn, we seek people that we will call friends in 3 years.
      • Generally speaking, we systematically have 15 games running in channels (we are not the most intensive CoN players), and one monthly challenge.

Our prerequisites :
      • Speak either English or French. Google translate can work but is difficult in a very active discord.
      • Be rank 15, to participate in challenges : You can join our server, talk, and get guidance from our warriors before rank 15, but we won’t consider putting you to the test before you have made a few maps and demonstrated you would stay.
      • No Age Requirement, yet we will make sure to recruit mature people. If you know how to behave in a community, we don’t care that you are 12 or 50 years old.

In other words, if you seek an alliance where they are genuinely serious about challenges, considering them important, while not turning crazy about winning them or winning tournaments, we may be a fit for you.

If you seek an alliance that speaks a lot, and not only of the game, liking to dwell on a lot of other subjects, like humans having conversations on sometimes deep sometimes not so deep topics, we may be a fit for you.

If you consider that being a good player is an important goal but that wanting to be the best is just misplaced arrogance for the monkeys, we may be a fit for you.

If you consider that your place is somewhere you will be able to call home online, for longer than you will probably stay at your IRL job, we may be a fit for you.

If you consider that you have talents that may build or run things benefiting everyone, and that you want to belong to such projects, we may be a fit for you.

Contact (Discord) :
      - Pepprer_stuff#1698 (FR/EN)
      - Anyone#9129 (EN/FR)
      - Ming50#1746 (EN)

Or, if you are feeling a bit shy, you can fill this form :
      docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAI…Q-u02jRg93jV8lng/viewform

We’ll get back to you.

Population :

The Kingdom is inhabited by approximately 50 people that speak, to various intensity, but regularly. The server in itself has 130 members, a number that is regularly culled as we have 0 interests into a large server. We want a active one.

Armed Forces : Players that can currently play challenges/public maps, divided between Supremacy and CoN
      Civilians : Players that are active socially but not in active duty
      Cadets : Players in the process of becoming citizens (discipline and challenge)
      Rookies : Nelvables and people playing with Nelva, without necessarily becoming citizens.
      Active Visitors : People from other alliances or solos just enjoying the server.

We are always willing to integrate new interesting people.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Everything under this line is perfectly “non important” and just serves to demonstrates another thing : we love Paradox Grand Strategy Games. So… Here’s Nelva in Hoi4 national spirits :

- Knights-Citizens getting older

• Recruitable Population Factor : -25%
      • Monthly Population : -33%
      • Training Time : -15%

“Life is following its natural course, especially for an alliance that is 12 years old. The once young players are now parents, they have now finished their studies, and follow their families and careers. Their new responsibilities let them less time to lead armies, which in turn create a problem of recruiting new blood, that isn’t as proficient in game and discipline. At least, we have a lot of caring teachers !”

- Well Funded Small Army

• Divisions Organisation : +10%
      • Max Planning : +10%
      • Division reinforcement rate : +10%
      • Division Defense : +5%
      • Division Attack : +5%

“With a challenge against a serious opponent nearly every month, the military of Nelva is integrated amongst the community. Its armies are not as large as the elite competitive alliances, but playing with them surely has its perks : Nelva can brag to be able to bite hard, for a semi-competitive military”

- Developed and Prosperous Civilian Society

• Weekly Stability : +0.3 %
      • Base Stability : +15%
      • War Support : -5%
      • Research Speed : +5%

“Few can brag to have reached our level of development, where online friends became IRL friends, organising trips together, demonstrating to be more than just “an alliance”. Culture has strived, and now, citizens feel that the role of the government is not to ensure victory in challenges, but to protect this jewel that is the community itself. Sometimes it makes feels like the game is… irrelevant.”

- Enthusiasm for Elite Meta

• Land Doctrine Research Speed : +15%
      • Air Doctrine Research Speed : +15%
      • Naval Doctrine Research Speed : +15%
      • Manpower Lost on Offense : +10%
      • Manpower Lost on Defense : +10%

“Nelva was playing mostly regular challenges, this changed suddenly with the arrival of unranked challenges, that made more accessible the elite to lower ranks. The first elite challenge was a blast, as the troops discovered a new game mode they were rookies in. As a result, the military is again a marketplace of ideas, where officers are exhilarated to make the new meta breakthrough and establish new martial standards. Of course, such standards will not be achieved without accepting to take a few kicks in the ass by our sparring partners”

- Oathkeepers Integration

• Recruitable population : 2.00%
      • Research speed : +5%
      • Daily Political power : -0.1
      • Division organisation : -20%

“Nelva and Oathkeepers have merged, providing Nelva with bilinguism and a very mixed officers corps as well as a plethora of new ideas that beg to be developed. The new side of the alliance brings a significant amount of new players and new possibilites for what was so far limited to french. Until the new citizens are integrated and a unified military doctrine is developed, it’s expectable that the coordination will not be optimal”

- Decline of Supremacy 1914

• Immigration Pull : +50%
      • Stability : -5%
      • Consumer Goods Factories : 2%

“Supremacy 1914, the Cradle of the Alliance in Bytro/Dorado Games, is in a sorry state. Eternal bugs are not fixed, decennial features are “fixed”, and we regularly witness waves of Supremacy 1914 players leaving for good. As a result, Nelva is slowly become more self-aware that long term, Supremacy is a game that will try actively to kill us, and turning the ship toward better futures is important. It’s still sad to see a part of our history decline so much”

- Highly Active Bilingual Discord

• Consumer Goods Factories : -7%
      • Factory Output : +15%

“The Discord of Nelva is a thriving social place that, for a server that has less than 120 members, still achieves 2000 messages a day in average, with peaks to 7000 in great events. The English language amounts to 10% so far, a number that is growing as the integration of the new citizens is achieved. Such social activity is beneficial to the power of the state, and the realisation of a plethora of projects. The only problem is : “what to get done first ?””

- New Blood Project for the Officer Corps

• Cost to change laws : +100%
      • Construction speed : -10%
      • Daily political power : -0.1
      • Factory Output : -5%

“For the future, Nelva needs to change its paradigm. All our officers are unarguably competent. Maybe too much, to the point it’s hard for young blood to get its way to leadership in a well-established and working well hierarchy. The King shall follow this special project closely : retire the old guard, and put in place new citizens, eager even if less experienced. Sure, mistakes and mishaps will happen at first, but like their elders, they will learn, and become their own new generation of skilled administrators.”

- Compromises with the Ideals of Transparency

• Trade Relations : +5%
      • Political Advisor Cost : +25%
      • Ideology Drift Defense : +5%

“Nelva Culture about transparency was pretty much absolute. After a dispute with a friendly alliance that didn’t share this culture, Nelva tuned a bit down this specificity, at least for the alliances that didn’t feel at ease with their history. Some citizens criticized that Nelva shouldn’t even be friendly with this kind of alliance, but ultimately, discrepancies must be respected.”

- Temporary Suspension of Foreign Projects

• Acceptance of Fascist Diplomacy : -75
      • Acceptance of Communist Diplomacy : -75
      • Acceptance of Non-Aligned Diplomacy : -25
      • Acceptance of Democratic Diplomacy : -25
      • Construction Speed: +5%

“In many areas revolving around how the community should evolve, Nelva disagrees with a lot of its fellow alliances. Nelva is focused on the idea that tournaments are secondary to actually getting more alliances into solid and self sustainable entities, that then can learn to love to play challenges. However, nothing in the universe guarantees that our vision is truly what the community needs. As our vision isn’t shared at the moment, we will simply withdraw and focus on our own growth, hoping that we are wrong and that they are right. We will not tire ourselves anymore to fix the blatant mistakes of others. If our vision and help is required in the future, we’ll know to mobilise ourselves”

Do you want to now more ? Even if it’s tedious ? We got you covered. Our Customs will learn to you a lot of our little quircks and ways.

wiki.nelva.fr/index.php/2021/08/02/customs-of-nelva/
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Yes, you need to be kind with the curious and kind young players.

You can still troll the awful ones, though :D
    • I never got past HoI...I kind of couldnt declare war when I wanted too and I did not understadn the battle system...left alone support and so on...

But I am trying hard with Imperator:Rome at the Moment...but again. Stupid Senat doesnt let me wage war...

Well If you still looking for Achilles reborn...cant help you with that but you can get "Norman Greenbaum" - lets see who grabs this reference...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • I'm too young for those references :D.

But no, i especially don't want "Achilles reborn" guys :D . If possible, i would like them to go in alliances i would be less sad if i learn that someone disrupted them and their social tissue because he was convinced he deserved everything out of his unvainquishable might (and the few that beated him did so by malice)

Kurt, if i may say, Imperator Rome may be their poorest game since a decade, for good reasons. Not that it can't be enjoyable, of course, but just... it's one of the most dull of their products

Whatever may come, don't purchase March of the Eagles. Never.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Well i felt like this guy....wanting to attack somebody...jsut anybody

I've never seen anyone more in need of an assbeating.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Ah, you are our most esteemed guest on the Discord, that refused to play an elite match after issuing the challenge to another alliance (not us, this said ^^). You left the server before we could proceed more in depth with the discussion.

Please take a seat, we will continue the discussion here.

Could you give me the name of your alliance ? I don't find you in the game
    • I did not issue a challenge i simply rejected another spam challenge sent by said alliance
      and informed said alliance leader of the proper method of contact for such a thing to happen
      as posted on our alliance information. I seen your involvement defending said alliance preying on
      the uneducated alliances as unhealthy. If i wished to stay on conflict of nations discord id still be there
      conversing in some sort of my wallets bigger than yours with said alliance leader that wants to gamble.
      Said alliance will never accept an elite challenge with 7 days peace period and rules / conditions
      normally agreed upon. One only has to read said alliance information regarding self indemnification
      against challenge loss. Ps i also consider the offer by said alliance leader a wager of between
      1000 thousand and 10,000 dollars in a normal CoN challenge which more than likely results in said alliance
      prolific premium currency use as using conflict of nations discord server in some improper way.

The post was edited 4 times, last by MosquitoMoe ().

• You rejected a spam challenge and it is your right. They don't play elite challenges like we alliances do... it's their right.

I do not defend an alliance that spams challenges with newbie alliances. I reminded technical facts that are the consequence of my position as a staff : I can vouch (again, as a staff) that after agreed request to check gold usage, Prestige Elite was fair and clean.

Despite all my personal opinions about how Prestige plays (that are contradictory to my beliefs), and how i dislike elo farming, i follow the latin motto : "Amicus Plato, sed magis amica veritas". Plato is my friend, but truth even more.

Accusing Prestige Elite of gold usage in their challenges, and trying to smear their reputation "for that" is misplaced and technically wrong. It also manages to turn moot otherwise valid arguments : Due to how Prestige plays, 99% of the community lives without them having any kind of relevance.

Now, it raises eternal problems like the relevance of elo.

Will come a time where elo will be overhauled. In the meanwhile, we can simply brush away self-claims of "being the strongest", and focus on working on our alliances.

As wrote Sir Bysshe Shellay in his Poem :

"And on the pedestal these words appear:
      'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
      Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!'

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
      Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
      The lone and level sands stretch far away"

We can take pride in the achievements of our alliances, but we mostly need to work on them. The rest is up to the sand to devour :D
    • If you have other questions or interrogations, don't hesitate ^^.

You seem to belong to a young alliance yourself, don't hesitate to establish bilateral server tiers if you wish, we would be pleased to welcome a representative, or to send one.