This really is a bug thats annoying

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This really is a bug thats annoying

Ok. So i have conquered a city. there is a TD in the city full health and i have 3 helicopters (full health) landing an refueling. Suddenly i see 2 lvl 3 inf coming towards the city...unfortunatly faster then my helicopters can refuel and escape.

I bothed as i shoudl have run with the TD to block them from reaching the city center but anyway i think...what big damage coudl they do...its just 2 inf...so i let them advance. They attack and...bamm! I loose 1 helicopter and the TD loses 5 HP.

What was that?

So Devs really should check the distribution of damage when there are multiple stacks at the same location...something is not right here....
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • I wonder if this is in anyway related to what happens when you carry out an air attack on defending planes and ground troops that are both on the ground in city.

You see the defending units in two separate stacks.

You tell your planes to attack the stack of grounded planes. And the game gives you feedback that the planes (not the ground troops) are your target.

But, instead of obliterating the grounded planes, your attack(s) seem(s) to primarily hit the defending ground troops, until those ground troops are gone, and only then do the grounded planes start to take severe damage.

Maybe what I'm recalling wasn't unusual, and the attacking planes' splash damage was being allocated correctly across all the defending units, but to a naive user (aka me) the damage allocation looked wrong.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Ok. So i have conquered a city. there is a TD in the city full health and i have 3 helicopters (full health) landing an refueling. Suddenly i see 2 lvl 3 inf coming towards the city...unfortunatly faster then my helicopters can refuel and escape.

I bothed as i shoudl have run with the TD to block them from reaching the city center but anyway i think...what big damage coudl they do...its just 2 inf...so i let them advance. They attack and...bamm! I loose 1 helicopter and the TD loses 5 HP.

What was that?

So Devs really should check the distribution of damage when there are multiple stacks at the same location...something is not right here....
      There is no damage distribution.

CoN punishes harshly what it considers as a workaround around overstacking, each stack takes 100% of the damages.

Now, where you probably had either a bug or a edge case, it's that the offensive damage of 2 infantries are not suppose to be able to kill a 12 HP gunship on the group. It's like the gunship group had bee considered as "attacking", hence taking double the punishment.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • i wouldn't be surprised, tbh. It makes sense for how the game is designed (overstacking or lack of spacing is punished like hell)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • well i accept overstacking penatlietes for the same army branch. but not if i have airforce and land units. And yes. The helicopters did not attack. hey were defending such as the TD...

Airforce on the ground normally doesnt attack by itself when the city is attacked...woudl be a great feature. but then they shoudl use their airforce fighting values and not the groud unit 0,5 attack value...

Well in the end a second heli stakc helped out but it cost me 2 helicopters...i send the bill to Germanico ;)
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

What was that?

It's the MRLS Gods, punishing you for uptalking Helos while downtalking MRLS.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I think that everyone keeps looking for the RAWR unit that gets all the research and P0WNs the game. But MotoInf capture, CRV spot and 50% of your force needs to be in that. And the MRLS/SF/SAM crowd needs to be shut down before they too powerful.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • MallahanJr wrote:

I think that everyone keeps looking for the RAWR unit that gets all the research and P0WNs the game. But MotoInf capture, CRV spot and 50% of your force needs to be in that. And the MRLS/SF/SAM crowd needs to be shut down before they too powerful.
      Sarcasm, or covid hallucinations, son?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD