CITY OF LIGHTS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CITY OF LIGHTS

If CoN game has day and night time system.

Dawn 05:00 to 09:00

Daylight 09:00 to 17:00

Evening 17:00 to 21:00

Night 21:00 to 05:00 etc...

Daylight 8 hour

Dawn (4 hour) / Evening (4 hour), total 8 hour

Night 8 hour

TOTAL 24 HOUR

During night time, cities has lights on. but if city has 'X City (1)' (city of ruins), them it's lights offline.

Any extra ideas?
      Guns are always loaded.

The post was edited 2 times, last by GunlessLands ().

• KFGauss wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Should be more like this:
      . . .
      This would be a useful option to turn on/off
      Imagine if during the "day" sight range were +25% and at night -50% or some variation thereof.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Sometimes I already can hardly distinguish my units when there is a lot of small provinces, patrols and smoking cities. Or when the unit icon is bigger then the path you want to walk.

I do not want to imagine how it would be 'at night', and I play on a PC.

First I would like an option to disable all those animations and maybe turn armies into pins, like Supremacy 1914 offered.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Sometimes I already can hardly distinguish my units when there is a lot of small provinces, patrols and smoking cities. Or when the unit icon is bigger then the path you want to walk.

First I would like an option to disable all those animations and maybe turn armies into pins, like Supremacy 1914 offered.
      definitely .. was about to put suggestion into make planes black as that lite grey planes over a smoking country is sometimes nearly impossible to find your planes. Yes I should know where my units are but when you have a few dozen planes over multiple theatres spread out over 1000s of miles it gets tricky. especially if away over night always that panic that someone shot them down...."oh there they are" ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • while we are thinking up ideas to make Devs life miserable. How about seasons or weather conditions (yes I know tundra exists but not really a factor 99 pct of game).

Like a Sand storm kicks up in desert or spin up a tropical storm in South Atlantic; fricken tornado in midwest wipes out units in the field ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Sometimes I already can hardly distinguish my units when there is a lot of small provinces, patrols and smoking cities. Or when the unit icon is bigger then the path you want to walk.

definitely .. was about to put suggestion into make planes black as that lite grey planes over a smoking country is sometimes nearly impossible to find your planes. Yes I should know where my units are but when you have a few dozen planes over multiple theatres spread out over 1000s of miles it gets tricky. especially if away over night always that panic that someone shot them down...."oh there they are" ;)

... daylight and night effect only province and sea areas, not cities/suburban and allkind units.
      Cities has light on mode during combat fighting in middle night.
      During night mode, unit icons has no any kind effect that night mode.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

while we are thinking up ideas to make Devs life miserable. How about seasons or weather conditions (yes I know tundra exists but not really a factor 99 pct of game).

Like a Sand storm kicks up in desert or spin up a tropical storm in South Atlantic; fricken tornado in midwest wipes out units in the field ;)

Weather has no any kind relation with daylight and night mode.
      @playbabe created 'weather' message first. Before me.
      (i be honest, weather honor belong to playbabe).
      @playbabe Thanks! for created weather post, and i liked it.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • It would be much better if we actually have supply in game. Like supply truck, ship or plane would automatically deliver supply that units already use. If it fail to deliver you can send another but you spend resources. And if eventually you fail to supply units, those units next day will fight with penalty. Eg. - 10% to stats. Or start losing hp. In 3 or 4 days, they die without supply.
      Trucks would need nearest friendly city and friendly territory connected to unit, ships need port and friendly territory and planes could send supply everywhere without connection.
      Something like this. Even those supply units could be in research tree and we could build them as well. But they are just numbers in storage (like missiles).

It would add more depth to strategy and tactic and players would loose more resources and units meaning CON would earn more from needed gold.

Btw it is more realistic as well. You can't send your solders in RL without supplying them. If they don't have weapons, ammo, food or oil for vehicles, they die or disband.
      And they leave everything behind (like in Avganistan :D ).

I know, I know, they inherit code from CoW. But it should be possible to do it.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

It would be much better if we actually have supply in game. Like supply truck, ship or plane would automatically deliver supply that units already use. If it fail to deliver you can send another but you spend resources. And if eventually you fail to supply units, those units next day will fight with penalty. Eg. - 10% to stats. Or start losing hp. In 3 or 4 days, they die without supply.
      Trucks would need nearest friendly city and friendly territory connected to unit, ships need port and friendly territory and planes could send supply everywhere without connection.
      Something like this. Even those supply units could be in research tree and we could build them as well. But they are just numbers in storage (like missiles).

It would add more depth to strategy and tactic and players would loose more resources and units meaning CON would earn more from needed gold.

Btw it is more realistic as well. You can't send your solders in RL without supplying them. If they don't have weapons, ammo, food or oil for vehicles, they die or disband.
      And they leave everything behind (like in Avganistan :D ).

I know, I know, they inherit code from CoW. But it should be possible to do it.
      Excuse me, but F**K THAT! I want to play a WAR game concentrating on WAR, not Logistics.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Excuse me, but F**K THAT! I want to play a WAR game concentrating on WAR, not Logistics.
      Is it more accurate to say that you want to spend your game time focused 99% on the tip of the "spear", and not on the rest of the spear.

• Ground attack jets don't fly because the pilots keep them ready, or fetch weaponry for them, or or figure out their missions.
      • Submarines don't stay at sea because they forage for their own food.
      • The Persians didn't end their campaign to conquer the Greeks because they ran out of infantry and archers, or because the Spartans died at Thermopylae.
        • A key to the Greek victory was that the Athenians defeated the Persian navy, and over the long haul, that meant the enormous Persian army couldn't continue operating far from home.
      • Etc.

Some parts of creating, protecting, and filling supply lines can be interesting parts of a test of skill, and can reduce players ability to steamroll opponents before the opponents have a chance to respond. Other parts can bore you to tears. Some simple logistics topics are already in CoN.

I agree with staying far away from the horrible boring stuff.

War *is* logistics (and a few other things), but logistics don't necessarily make a good war *game* feature.

I think adding a little more logistics could improve things. Beats me exactly how that should be done.

If I knew how to do that well, I would be getting paid a sweet Game Designer/Coder salary :)

KFG
    • KFGauss wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Is it more accurate to say that you want to spend your game time focused 99% on the tip of the "spear", and not on the rest of the spear.
      • Ground attack jets don't fly because the pilots keep them ready, or fetch weaponry for them, or or figure out their missions.
      • Submarines don't stay at sea because they forage for their own food.
      • The Persians didn't end their campaign to conquer the Greeks because they ran out of infantry and archers, or because the Spartans died at Thermopylae.
        • A key to the Greek victory was that the Athenians defeated the Persian navy, and over the long haul, that meant the enormous Persian army couldn't continue operating far from home.
      • Etc.

Some parts of creating, protecting, and filling supply lines can be interesting parts of a test of skill, and can reduce players ability to steamroll opponents before the opponents have a chance to respond. Other parts can bore you to tears. Some simple logistics topics are already in CoN.

I agree with staying far away from the horrible boring stuff.

War *is* logistics (and a few other things), but logistics don't necessarily make a good war *game* feature.

I think adding a little more logistics could improve things. Beats me exactly how that should be done.

If I knew how to do that well, I would be getting paid a sweet Game Designer/Coder salary :)

KFG
      robert downey.jpg

The "realism" I don't want at the expense of gameplay fun. I'm interested in tactics and strategy, not accounting and bookkeeping.
      The KING of CoN News!!!