CITY OF LIGHTS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• eh heres go my idea

Night time
      - all ground units that doesn’t have recon ability fully lost sight range.
      - units with recon ability retain their sight range but lost ability to reveal enemy stack (can do spot stealth units in sight range but also can not reveal the composition)
      - can only reveal the composition by being in the melee combat and having unit with recon ability sightings them.
      - aircraft and fleet become unidentified instead of full reveal

Light on city in the night
      - all sun time characteristics apply to units above city

Light off city in the night
      - night rime characteristics apply to units above city
      - reduce resources by 15% to total resources production in the time span of the night
      - garrisoned units entrenchment multiply by 1.1
      - enemy spy have more chance to succeed
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Alright, so I was directed here because I wrote my logistical longings out elsewhere...

So, a few (randomish) thoughts...
      Airdrops are a thing. (Also, I long for paratroopers)
      Rivers should be usable travel ways.
      Railroads should have a place in the game. (any artillery lover would drool over making railway cannons which could knock MRL of their perch)

But really it's not that I want logistics to be the gameplay (though I think it would be fun)... it's that I want out flanking an enemy to be meaningful.... I want Malta to have its true strategic value (other islands and ports, too)... and I want planes that aren't supernaturally flying for a month.

Practically, I think ships could have an operational range in connection to a naval base....like airfields
      An isolated army "surrenders" if it doesn't have a retreat path for 2 days.
      Airborne planes should consume a lot of fuel on an hourly basis (which players seem to have too much of a lot of the time)

Or... you can bypass a war of with supply lines entirely with a drone military.

If the whole unit menu was comprised of unmanned units this would make sense and keep with the theme of WW3...as that is were military tech is heading.
    • Smallsword wrote:

Alright, so I was directed here because I wrote my logistical longings out elsewhere...

Railroads should have a place in the game. (any artillery lover would drool over making railway cannons which could knock MRL of their perch)

But really it's not that I want logistics to be the gameplay (though I think it would be fun)... it's that I want out flanking an enemy to be meaningful.... I want Malta to have its true strategic value (other islands and ports, too)... and I want planes that aren't supernaturally flying for a month.

Practically, I think ships could have an operational range in connection to a naval base....like airfields
      Airborne planes should consume a lot of fuel on an hourly basis (which players seem to have too much of a lot of the time)

If the whole unit menu was comprised of unmanned units this would make sense and keep with the theme of WW3...as that is were military tech is heading.
      Probably make a new thread for this?

Instead of posting in one that's 2 months old.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Smallsword wrote:

Alright, so I was directed here because I wrote my logistical longings out elsewhere...

This post it's only 'Night and Daylight Time System', not 'Railway Cannon' post.
      Guns are always loaded.