Day 1 guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yeah I mean you probably just never met anyone pro enough to thrash you’re ground stacks to the ground and make you feel like shit to think Meleeing enemies is good.

Probably just been fighting decent dudes who are trying to learn the way of the air forces so their air force not so strong and their Ground troops suck (because air strat all ground troops mainly suck, their goal isn’t to engage in melee either way
    • CinnamonStick wrote:

Damn y’all always toxic

And luckily we both have different accounts and can play the game the way we choose to
      Not toxic.

This is a Day 1 Guide. It should offer accurate and simple/straightforward Day 1 guidance suitable for beginners.

If you want to win and win quickly, emphasizing ground troops isn't the thing to do.

What motivates you to mobilize the troops you use?

Is it that they are more fun for you than the others, or high-probabilty of a win, or simplicity, or complementing what coalition allies do, or the amount of time you can spend playing, or something else?

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• japan samurai wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

I really don't agree with that advice to build infantry in every city on day one. I saw similar advice on youtube.
      It is the worst you can do on day one!
      You'll feel stronger but pure numbers are not enough.

Good example are scouts. They are hard units (armored type). They can so easily destroy those new infantry you created on day one. They can defend as well. Again they will decimate all your infantry when defending.
      So advice to skip scouts... Not good.
      I would go opposite and advice new players to build only scouts and 1 ASF on day one.
      And to plan what armor or planes they want.

Not to mention strike fighters or choppers when they come in action. Your infantry are gone.

Also it is not true anyone should quit if is landlocked.
      What? You can win without a single ship. The whole Eurasia is very big land with lot of cities.

Actually if you don't have too many casualties in first few days, you really don't need to many new infantry units to build. Just a few when you expand to have enough to defend all cities.

The best advice to new players would be to find some youtube videos about CON news to learn how to find valuable information there and how to chek neighbors what are they building.
      And don't go into the coalition on day one and don't spend all your resources on day one.
      Scout your neighbors with ASF and if you see stacks on your borders build bunkers.

Did I mentioned not to build only infantry on day one? 8o
      Scout cars…Nah. Honestly no, they suck at fighting enemy Armoured and would rather get TDs to tide over. Sure they will be extremely deadly but thats also a reason why you gotta use those resource that the enemy wasted of CRVs on stuff that are better, like SF, GHs, T arty,ASF and so on.

Inf (Mot inf/ Mech/ NGs) is a must to generally keep producing them, because when expanding you’re gonna begin fighting on more than one front and that really will become a huge issue if you can’t get good no. If boots on ground that can competently hold their ground without air support for a while.
      I believe you quoted an old one but it's still the best advice for new players.
      And if you read carefully you would notice that I specifically said ON DAY 1.
      On day 1 you can't build TD or Mechanised.
      Again on day 1 do not build Inf in every city, build mostly Scouts, maybe 1 Inf and 1 Asf.
      Do not continue to spam Scouts after that.
      Actually after the first 2 days build only airforce or navy if you need navy. On ground build a few TD and a lot of SAM.
      Simple.
    • You confuse "toxic" with "bringing you decisive arguments sourced with a solid foundation of field experience".

About CRVs, i tend to disagree with what has been said about their uselessness, i tend to put them in my day 1-2 production build order, and having 5-6 of them is convenient in my opinion to steamroll conveniently the first AI until better units can link.

However, not really the topic.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • CinnamonStick wrote:

Tbh I been rolled over by air force many times with that strat but now I cover them with asf at all times and it seems to work decent
      Ha what?
      That exactly proves my point
      Decent players know how to use SF and ASF at the same time
      Pro players know how to use SAMs and ASF and SF
      Experienced pros know how to use SAMs, ASF, SF and Atk choppers

in. airforce (ain’t counting in the GH strat line)

See the difference? If you fought some pro player you wouldn’t have survived at all.
      All you were doing was fighting decent players.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

I really don't agree with that advice to build infantry in every city on day one. I saw similar advice on youtube.
      It is the worst you can do on day one!
      You'll feel stronger but pure numbers are not enough.

Good example are scouts. They are hard units (armored type). They can so easily destroy those new infantry you created on day one. They can defend as well. Again they will decimate all your infantry when defending.
      So advice to skip scouts... Not good.
      I would go opposite and advice new players to build only scouts and 1 ASF on day one.
      And to plan what armor or planes they want.

Not to mention strike fighters or choppers when they come in action. Your infantry are gone.

Also it is not true anyone should quit if is landlocked.
      What? You can win without a single ship. The whole Eurasia is very big land with lot of cities.

Actually if you don't have too many casualties in first few days, you really don't need to many new infantry units to build. Just a few when you expand to have enough to defend all cities.

The best advice to new players would be to find some youtube videos about CON news to learn how to find valuable information there and how to chek neighbors what are they building.
      And don't go into the coalition on day one and don't spend all your resources on day one.
      Scout your neighbors with ASF and if you see stacks on your borders build bunkers.

Did I mentioned not to build only infantry on day one? 8o
      Scout cars…Nah. Honestly no, they suck at fighting enemy Armoured and would rather get TDs to tide over. Sure they will be extremely deadly but thats also a reason why you gotta use those resource that the enemy wasted of CRVs on stuff that are better, like SF, GHs, T arty,ASF and so on.
      Inf (Mot inf/ Mech/ NGs) is a must to generally keep producing them, because when expanding you’re gonna begin fighting on more than one front and that really will become a huge issue if you can’t get good no. If boots on ground that can competently hold their ground without air support for a while.
      I believe you quoted an old one but it's still the best advice for new players.And if you read carefully you would notice that I specifically said ON DAY 1.
      On day 1 you can't build TD or Mechanised.
      Again on day 1 do not build Inf in every city, build mostly Scouts, maybe 1 Inf and 1 Asf.
      Do not continue to spam Scouts after that.
      Actually after the first 2 days build only airforce or navy if you need navy. On ground build a few TD and a lot of SAM.
      Simple.
      oh wait, we shldn’t teach beginners to actually plan ahead and not use up all their resources on crappy units that give them good returns but then suddenly drop in value like A CAR???

WOW!! Am IMPRESSED

Then again despite you saying to no longer build it, then why TF waste resources like rares to research to only produce on wave of those units. So EFFICIENT!!

“on ground build a few TD and lots of SAMs” considering this is for beginners i’ll let that pass. But yes, SAMs IMPORTANT, so is an airforce
    • CinnamonStick wrote:

I have also beat good players with a good ground force I caught 2 stacks of hos strikes with cruise missles
      hoss.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • CinnamonStick wrote:

I have also beat good players with a good ground force I caught 2 stacks of his strikes with cruise missles

There's no reason you can't be successful with strong ground units like armor and infantry, supported by anti-air units and an airforce.

The issue really is that armoured units are not cost efficient to build for the benefit they give you. They are very expensive, and they take a lot of damage when they go into a fight. (And they take ages to repair.)

And if you're going to protect your armor with an airforce anyway (which you'll need to if you don't want them to get wiped out by enemy planes and helicopters), then you might as well use that airforce as your primary attack weapon as well - and then you tend to find that your armor becomes pretty redundant, because you're destroying everything with your aircraft and your tanks don't have a function anymore.

The fact that armoured vehicles cost nearly twice as much fighter jets and helicopters, unit for unit, is completely insane from a game-balancing point of view, but that's how it is.
    • WalterChang wrote:

The fact that armoured vehicles cost nearly twice as much fighter jets and helicopters, unit for unit, is completely insane from a game-balancing point of view, but that's how it is.
      Well said. One should also add that CON gameplay disfavors melee, in general.
      Airforce has the big advantage of being able to heal relatively fast, very much unlike armored (which thus would just linger ineffectively once its HP depleted).
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zozo001 ().

• How to win .Map overkill 100 . Example Poland European .
      You forget about air ,navy and arty ,you stay on the ground as all victory points you need are on the ground .
      Day 1 . Start researching Tank Destroyer and Motorized Infantry ,when finished in 1,5 minute start Mobile Anti Air Vehicle
      As Poland you never touch your two port cities Gdansk and Szczecin as the Baltic sea is your border . Enemy ships will bomb nothing .
      You saved massive on harbors and you keep saving by not building up your airport at Warsaw neither .
      As quick as possible spend half your money on rare materials as the first two weeks you will not get enough rare
      Day 2. On day two you research your infantry officer and you need a heavier workhorse (i do have season 1 elite tank) , probably ordinary tank if elite not available
      Meanwhile you build up your two components cities Bygdoscz and Lublin as you will need a lot .
      Produce equally TD and Mobile anti air ,try to get 10 of each and slowly start adding tanks, armored fighting vehicle and mechanized infantry even on lv1 ,just to have them in stack so you do not lose your motorized infantry .
      At around day 7 you research the SAM to lv2 and add 5 around your army .
      When you hit someone always hit at the capital where usually is the airport , take repair it and move next .
      Ships, artillery and airplanes are bad for garrison so you do not need them
      I always put more of the best in my strongest stack ,this unit is a hitting 500 hp monster Example
      1 Tank commander +1 Infantry officer+3 elite season tanks+2 ordinary tanks+1 tank destroyer+1 infantry fighting vehicle+1 mechanized
      Usual stack is 2 elite season tanks+ 2 ordinary tanks+1 TD + 1 IFV +1 mechanized inf+1 motorized inf + 2 Mobile anti air vehicle
      For each main stack i have on same track supporting units mix of motorized and anti air units moving around the main group taking provinces and air units .
      Usually players are offline but if online they can hit you twice before you enter their capitals
      As opponents spent on airport and planes and probably harbors and ships they will not have your numbers on the field nor they will have your level of land units .
      Build hospital in Warsaw so your airport lv1 is busy .
      Attack,heal.attack,heal,attack........... by day 30 game is done ,unless you want to have fun and make ranking points .

The post was edited 4 times, last by CandyCzar ().

• Telerik wrote:

How to win .Map overkill 100 . Example Poland European .
      You forget about air ,navy and arty ,you stay on the ground as all victory points you need are on the ground .
      Day 1 . Start researching Tank Destroyer and Motorized Infantry ,when finished in 1,5 minute start Mobile Anti Air Vehicle
      As Poland you never touch your two port cities Gdansk and Szczecin as the Baltic sea is your border . Enemy ships will bomb nothing .
      You saved massive on harbors and you keep saving by not building up your airport at Warsaw neither .
      As quick as possible spend half your money on rare materials as the first two weeks you will not get enough rare
      Day 2. On day two you research your infantry and tank officers and you need a heavier workhorse (i do have season 1 elite tank) , probably ordinary tank if elite not available
      Meanwhile you build up your two components cities Bygdoscz and Lublin as you will need a lot .
      Build equally TD and Mobile anti air ,try to get 10 of each and slowly start adding tanks, armored fighting vehicle and mechanized infantry even on lv1 ,just to have them in stack so you do not lose your motorized infantry .
      At around day 7 you research the SAM to lv2 and add 5 around your army .
      When you hit someone always hit at the capital where usually is the airport , take repair it and move next .
      Ships, artillery and airplanes are bad for garrison so you do not need them
      I always put more of the best in my strongest stack ,this unit is a hitting 500 hp monster Example
      1 Tank commander +1 Infantry officer+3 elite season tanks+2 ordinary tanks+1 tank destroyer+1 infantry fighting vehicle+1 mechanized
      Usual stack is 2 elite season tanks+ 2 ordinary tanks+1 TD + 1 IFV +1 mechanized inf+1 motorized inf + 2 Mobile anti air vehicle
      For each main stack i have on same track supporting units mix of motorized and anti air units moving around the main group taking provinces and air units .
      Usually players are offline but if online they can hit you twice before you enter their capitals
      As opponents spent on airport and planes and probably harbors and ships they will not have your numbers on the field nor they will have your level of land units .
      Build hospital in Warsaw so your airport lv1 is busy .
      Attack,heal.attack,heal,attack........... by day 30 game is done ,unless you want to have fun and make ranking points .
      Elite players will just see a bunch of targets in this build. And empty space to conquer with NGs where your armor stacks are not present.

But certainly possible against most public match players.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Telerik wrote:

Like so many recent suggestions, this depends on the underlying assumption of not meeting serious opposition.
      Sure you can win this way against weak enemies. But most other possibilities are just as good in that circumstance, and this one fails spectacularly against decent players (as AoT has already pointed out).
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Expert Zozo001 joined 211 games and won solo 3 = 1,42% of games
      Aeneas of Troy joined 218 games and won solo 4 = 1,83% of games

Telerik melee guy joined 99 games and won solo 16 = 16,16% of games

If new players listen to Telerik they will have x10 chance of solo victory .

New players have little chance in ranged battles hit and run against experts ,that is why is safe to follow my advice and avoid skirmishes . Avoid fancy units and just hit the capitals ,most of times you will find some fancy fragile units sleeping=healing there .

I just finished a 100game ID=6420494 , no gold ,no security council day 30/31(could do it at day 28/29) i had

lv5. Infantry Officer 1, Tank commander 1, Motorized inf 25 ,Tank destroyer 12, Mobile Anti Air 7
      lv4. Elite Season tank 10 ,
      Lv3. Mechanized inf 9 ,Main BT 11
      Lv2.Mobile SAM 6 ,Armored FV 8
      Lv1.Recon 2 ,Theater defense 3 ,Air SF 1

I could build 10 artillery (against AI) as i had 20k electronics ,but wanted a challenge no arty,air,navy
      Seems i was somewhat prepared against air and never was afraid .

The post was edited 1 time, last by CandyCzar ().

• Telerik wrote:

Expert Zozo001 joined 211 games and won solo 3 = 1,42% of games

I congratulate you on your solo wins. But that still doesn’t mean that your method has a chance vs elite players.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Telerik wrote:

Expert Zozo001 joined 211 games and won solo 3 = 1,42% of games

If new players listen to Telerik they will have x10 chance of solo victory .

New players have little chance in ranged battles hit and run against experts ,that is why is safe to follow my advice and avoid skirmishes . Avoid fancy units and just hit the capitals ,most of times you will find some fancy fragile units sleeping=healing there .

I just finished a 100game ID=6420494 , no gold ,no security council day 30/31(could do it at day 28/29) i had

lv5. Infantry Officer 1, Tank commander 1, Motorized inf 25 ,Tank destroyer 12, Mobile Anti Air 7
      lv4. Elite Season tank 10 ,
      Lv3. Mechanized inf 9 ,Main BT 11
      Lv2.Mobile SAM 6 ,Armored FV 8
      Lv1.Recon 2 ,Theater defense 3 ,Air SF 1

I could build 10 artillery (against AI) as i had 20k electronics ,but wanted a challenge no arty,air,navy
      Seems i was somewhat prepared against air and never was afraid .

shud upp
      For f sake whats you’re problem

If you’re so unhappy with them Then go and check my stats then? Like C’mon bro, you’ve joined like twice as many games as I have and yet you’re only like 2-4 ranks higher than me with worst KDR, sure you got more wins becaude you played more games but simply put…I’M MORE EFFICIENT AT FARMING POINTS AND ADVANCING THAN YOU.

Day 30/31 you only have lvl 2 SAM??? What kind of low end units is that? You should have at least a lvl 3-4

All you play are alliance games. Not trying to say anything here but if you look at the no. Of noobs making new alliances every day I doubt you’re enemies are tough. And it shows in whatever you research and mobilise