Day 1 guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

I remember when I played as Russia, I attacked Poland.

He let me take all his cities because he was building up a military... and he put them on the German border.

He left like 2-3 units in a city, and my (mortar) motorized inf destroyed them!

When I took all his cities, OMG he had like 4 troops and a tank. But it was lvl 2 tank, and lvl 2 inf.

Omg my mortars destroyed like 3 troops before they go to the city for hand to hand.

When he got to the city they got murdered in 2 attacks.

This shows that motorized inf, can indeed be a formidable DEFENCE unit.
      Wouldnt that shows that it is a good attack unit?
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • JohnFKennedy wrote:

Wouldnt that shows that it is a good attack unit?
      NO! I clearly state, that he did a secret attack. And the mortars of the motorized inf are ranged... which is DEFENCIABLE!
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

as with all ranged units youneed to put a blocker to eat the damage from onstorming troops.
      anyway the way I read his story is more like he was in a hurry and didnt wait for ranged umits to clearthe path. The response was/is deserved
      OBJECTION!

When I got to his cities, my units where not ranged yet... so it was "advanced" motorized inf.

• FYI, I didn't really lose anything... I lost like 3 troops that's it.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

OBJECTION!
      When I got to his cities, my units where not ranged yet... so it was "advanced" motorized inf.
      you talk about mortars so I asumed lvl 6 inf. It doesntreally matter.

you were restless and got what you deserved.

good infantryknows tokeep heads low and waitforbombung to end
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • BLITZKREIG BABY WOOO WHAT RUSH!

I didn't really loss anything, yes I rushed... ok...
      (I don't support Nazis in anyway, shape or form)

• I use motorized inf because there are cheap and easy and good defence.

• shrek6satan wrote:

since this is day 1 thread what do you guys do when an entire coalition decides to team up to defeat you on day 1? Like do you try to fight on or call it quits?
      Fight always. Hunker down; bunkers & NG's + judicious use of towed artillery support. Combat outposts where needed. ASF to scout incoming lines of attack and/or terrain map to guess, allowing you to position correctly. Probably go gunships asap as well.

Against a bunch of experienced players, probably die anyway to overwhelming numbers & co-ordination. If it's against an inexperienced lot who attack in a haphazard, inefficient manner with poor follow through, it's eminently survivable. Hunker down, then counter on one at a time while holding a defensive line.
    • xovault wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

since this is day 1 thread what do you guys do when an entire coalition decides to team up to defeat you on day 1? Like do you try to fight on or call it quits?
      Fight always. Hunker down; bunkers & NG's + judicious use of towed artillery support. Combat outposts where needed. ASF to scout incoming lines of attack and/or terrain map to guess, allowing you to position correctly. Probably go gunships asap as well.
      Against a bunch of experienced players, probably die anyway to overwhelming numbers & co-ordination. If it's against an inexperienced lot who attack in a haphazard, inefficient manner with poor follow through, it's eminently survivable. Hunker down, then counter on one at a time while holding a defensive line.
      I swear every year players are getting better and better... almost every match i encounter some neighbour who knows almost all of the mechanics about the game...
    • Wow-wow, such a spike in a year-old thread )
      As an author, I think I might have a right to add a couple of things.
      Back then this guide was not met eh... well. But I still follow it and I win almost every public game I play.
      I admit that few statements were wrong, depending on the country played. Like you don't need to build barracks in every city and immediately build inf. But for most of the countries (like 5-6 cities) this works well.
      I can't agree that early rush brings you victory. Early rush aka retaliation when you was attacked - yes, it does. But not if you are attacker. Imo in this game attacker is always in disadvantage at day 1 due to many factors.
      I also do agree that quality of players had improved over past year. But not so much, unfortunately.
      And I still believe that in a regular x4 game SF+inf+navy build is a winning one in the early/mid game. The main point is that you have to develop only certain types of units, but level them up quickly and have many. Otherwise you lose focus. Like you build many recons day 1 and crush your neighbors with "armor" but what would you do with them later ? If you level them up, you won't level up other more important units.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drony77 ().

• If you want to focus on air or navy it does not mean you can't build anything for the first 2 days. Building only infantry is like building nothing. Recons are quite useful for the beginning. They are also useful when cleaning the AI. Just put 2 inf +1 recon so that you don't lose units.
      They will also add more air and helicopter defense to the early stacks.
      Ofc they are useless in late game. So do not upgrade them and build 4-5 of them max.
      The point is do not spam infantry only first 2 days. Better invest in airports and spam helicopters (gunships) or ASF.
    • Let me explain a bit more.
      It's about day 1 and day 1 only.
      My main point is - build units that you can level up until top levels. Don't research/build units you won't need later. If you do you exchange your resources for power that lasts for a game week at best.
      Like inf - used until the endgame, it is always needed. SF - same if you chose this build. Corvette - must be researched anyway if you want navy so why don't have one or two ? Etc.
      Recon - you can't airlift it far enough while it is low level so it becomes burden as you expand. If you expand fast - they end up defending your cap.
      Helicopters - in my experience they lose their value pretty fast with the development of SF/ASF and if the game is x4.