Acceptable use of gold

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Opulon wrote:

Because 99% of those topics try to explain how the game should basically become a Christian Goodwill Association.
      DORADO3.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • If you have Gold piling up and you don't know how to spend it, here's a suggestion.

The next time you join a public Day 3 game (to replace someone who dropped out), you will probably have a bunch of resources stockpiled, you probably will be behind on research, and you probably won't have enough units or city buildings built.

The last time that happened to me, I use some gold to speed up building my initial city improvements and units, and doing initial research. I did it until my stockpiled resources were gone.

In a normal public game, by Day 3, I think most players have depleted their initial resource stockpiles and are living off of their hourly resource income. For that reason, I didn't feel at all guilty about using gold to get myself caught up with the Day 1 players.

I especially didn't feel guilty because, even after I used that gold, the Day 1 players still had an advantage because they had a 48-72 hour head start on me moving their troops, taking over NPCs and/or forming alliances.

KFG