How did you discover Conflict of Nations?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How did you discover Conflict of Nations?

I follow several military YouTube channels who discuss topics relating to various military topics.

I am a military geek but also find investing in defense stocks to be fruitful and using YouTube for research is one of the many methods I use to evaluate quality investments.

Several of the channels have advertisements for war games. I saw CoN pop up a bunch of times. "Click this link, get Some free gold as a promotion, yadda yadda."

So I gave it a try.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Im On Smoko ().

• Teburu wrote:

caaaaaake bullied me until i gave in
      Files
      • mean cake.png

(24.98 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Think I saw an Ad not sure. First game played I was the clueless dude who jumped in day 1 without reading anything trying to figure out how to build units ...lol.
      I saw an ad on Fox News, but my 1st game was a completely different experience. After I figured a few things out and took over UK and Ireland, an experienced player in Italy took me under his wing and thus my first game was a coalition victory.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Think I saw an Ad not sure. First game played I was the clueless dude who jumped in day 1 without reading anything trying to figure out how to build units ...lol.
      I saw an ad on Fox News, but my 1st game was a completely different experience. After I figured a few things out and took over UK and Ireland, an experienced player in Italy took me under his wing and thus my first game was a coalition victory.
      That was my second game. Coalition win on ww3 map; but I ended up with most VPs in game;-) the student became the master and sensei was a little cranky about it.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

That was my second game. Coalition win on ww3 map; but I ended up with most VPs in game;-) the student became the master and sensei was a little cranky about it.
      Actually in my first game, I also finished in 1st because I had a navy and was able to empty and monopolize all the coastal cities, and reach the usa. However, my teacher wasn't bothered in the least.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• I was first introduced to Supremacy 1914 back in the early Cretaceous period by getting involved in a private game between people from another forum that I was using at the time. Got quite addicted to it.

Then when Call if War came out, I have it a try and got addicted to that instead.

A year or so ago there was some kind of update or special offer on the news section of the CoW front page, and it said that it applied to all the games in the franchise, including Conflict of Nations. I hadn't heard of it before that, but I gave it a try, and haven't really played Call of War much since.

There was also another game that was set in the mediaeval period or something, but I didn't like it much. Can't remember what it was called.

But anyway, I mostly knew how to play CoN right from the start, in terms of how combat works and what general strategies to use. But I made a lot of mistakes early on because the resource balance is quite different from CoW, and because I didn't realise how savage AA envelopes can be if you don't have experience with them!