What's your ACTUAL Day 5, 10, 15, 20, ... Order of Battle (OOB)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sure. But i don't expect it to be slightly different except if for X or Y reasons i lose units.

So, supposedly, with the current trend, i expect to reach 74-75 cities (if i'm not slowed down more than i already am), and should be around :

- 2 corvettes (lvl 1)
      - 8-9 cruisers (lvl 3)
      - 1 NO (lvl 1 into 2 or 3)
      - 14-15 Gunships (lvl 3)
      - 14-15 Attack Helicopters (lvl 4)
      - 14-15 ASF (lvl 4)
      - 8 reco lvl 1
      - 12 infantry lvl 1
      - 15 national guard lvl 3
      - 14 MRL lvl 4
      - 2-3 SAM lvl 2-3

So... 109 units max. By that time i will probably be preparing the annexation of critical cities (electronics, as always) to be able to increase regular line from :

- 1 high naval
      - 2 high ground
      - 1 mid ground
      - 1 mid air

to

- 2 high naval
      - 2 high ground
      - 2 mid ground
      - 2 mid air

classical transitioning.

By the way : it's not a good build. It's a "meh but why not" one if you take into account that i'm playing with buddies that are doing full ground and that i need to protect and mentor.

By the way bis : let's never forget the actual ability to sustain a growing industrial base depends on the sheer stupidity of the player playing close to us. We prosper only because they are retards.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Opulon ().

• Looks at current map on day 20:

currently 61 cities and 54 Units total; huh that could/should be more

- 16 Motorized Inf lvl 2
      - 5 Mobile Radar lvl 3
      - 7 CRV lvl 1
      - 4 Naval ASF lvl 1
      - 6 ASF lvl 4
      - 6 Attack Heli lvl 2
      - 7 Gunship lvl 4
      - 3 Elite Attack Helis lvl 1

I'd blame a mixture of me wanting to do Elite Helis, getting Naval ASF, not doing anything really with my components and really a lack of any plan beyond "Haha Elite helis go brrt"

I am however not surprised that the amount of Inf i have is the absolute lowest out of everyone :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Me having a good chunk of NGs is more a symptom of mismanagement than something else lol

"shit, i need to produce something" :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Ok so we are boasting about how big we are...

Here we go:

Day 22, WW3, 64 map

121 cities
      113 units
      I am in an active war so I dont want to displose my units composition but i can tell you as much as this

I have only 3 mot inf lvl 0 left
      The rest are mainly high class toys...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Ok so we are boasting about how big we are...

Here we go:

Day 22, WW3, 64 map

121 cities
      113 units
      I am in an active war so I dont want to displose my units composition but i can tell you as much as this

What do you say ? i can't hear you over the sound of the 60 helis you probably built :D
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Ok so we are boasting about how big we are...

Here we go:

Day 22, WW3, 64 map

121 cities
      113 units

Don't usually like sounding argumentative, but this is totally NOT the point of this thread. It's not at all about boasting, and it is entirely about revealing your exact unit composition. So... y'know.... join in or don't.
    • Dudes, based on these lists, I'm wondering why I never have the resources to field armies like that until like day 30
      especially since I concentrate on arms industries in supply and components :(
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • There's plenty of resources around you. If they are AI they are poorly defended, and if they are player, they are not defended at all.
    • Some units are better at player/AI farming.

Gunships, especially, are like the early industrial food plant for noobs.
    • Opulon wrote:

Some units are better at player/AI farming.

Gunships, especially, are like the early industrial food plant for noobs.
      You know, it's not really farming if you just show up and harvest... none of the sowing and all of the reaping a farmer this does not make.

I like to think of gunships as lawn-mowers... and I like to have a well maintained front and backyard. (is this too American suburbia to translate well?)
    • No, we do have too our residential suburbs where middle class are as much thoughtful of their garden and petunias as pharaohs would be of their eternal tomb, and as willing to sacrifice water and blood for its glory :D

Let's not forget about the chariot, that is to be cleaned and kept pristine even in dire times of draught, whatever the cost. Another fascinating similarity between the two behaviours, millenias between them.
    • LastLiving wrote:

How do you get these cities total by day 20? In the best map that I played in, I had only 40 cities by day 20. Is there something I am missing, or am I just bad.
      In a recent WW3 game, with a 5-player coalition and opponents that mostly either dropped out early, suicided into each other, or dropped out once they realized they were way behind (in other words, typical opponents), this data shows how our city count grew over time.

Consistent with what Opulon wrote above, the coalition members with the faster growth were using units that are good for harvesting inactives, AI, and weaker opponents. The members with slower growth were our insurance policy and were well-prepared for a stronger opponent, but only one mediocre opponent made a stand at the end of the game, and that was with SAMs and Tanks.

I stopped counting these before we collected enough VPs to win. Toward the end there wasn't much to learn from continuing to track how fast cities were falling.

The coalition averaged taking about two cities per coalition-member each day, with a range of between of 3 and 1 per day. If your opposition is weak, I recommend trying to grow at similar rates.

I'll post some OOBs for these five countries soon. I have the OOB info for Days 6, 10 15, and 22.

OccupiedCities.PNG
    • Well I usually have a lvl 5 hospital by day 5...BTW :that how i can say that the population growth a hospital should provide does NOT work...this citi never exceeds the other by and potential margin.

This makes a great turnover for the helicopters. the rest is TD to calm cities and national guard spam for land grabbing. You only need one per city to keep it calm. As soon as the insurgents are done for the day and the province has >30 moral i move the tanks to the next city. This gives me an average conquering speed of 5 cities per day.

After that i am in the comfortable position to just build everything I need. I notived that when i make 3000 rares per day I dont need to upgrade this anymore ecause i cant spend resoruces more on research anyway...

So after a comfortable choopers stack I do MRL and SAM...Which leave me with a massive consumption of supply and components to waste...at least if I am landlocked. With coastal cities its different...

And yes this is all organic growth no steroids...except for the ocasional misclick on the mobile phone in the late nighthours...

2021-12-01 08_54_32-Conflict of Nations - 4,403,419.png

When I am done with India you get a clear composure of my troops.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.