What's your ACTUAL Day 5, 10, 15, 20, ... Order of Battle (OOB)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RadioActive wrote:

you took out your own OOB you sneaky squirt
      Nah - What I edited out of this thread's OP was just some bland nonsense I wrote to try to get the ball rolling.

My one and only game since this thread started is the one described here: Look through a different Lens - What's your ACTUAL Day 20 Order of Battle (OOB) I'm one of the five players listed in that post's table.

Regardless, a 5 minute search of my forum posts will quickly turn up that in public games (WW3, BGUSA, FP) I initially build lots of SF. Not because that's the optimum public game strategy against a clever opponent (someone you encounter in maybe 5% of public games?), but because it's a good strategy for quickly rampaging through typical public game opponents.
    • KFGauss wrote:

crazystoner wrote:

Day 20 all depends on which country i am. . . .
      CrazyStoner - Thanks for adding what you recall and/or what you plan :thumbup: - However, this thread becomes really valuable when people record what they actually had/have in a game (and maybe some notes about their goals), like was done in this post Look through a different Lens - What's your ACTUAL Day 20 Order of Battle (OOB) .
      If you happen to take a few notes in your next game, please share the results with us. I'm personally very interested in reading what actually happened in each/any game as players worked to accomplish a set of plans (plans exactly like the ones you outlined in your post).

Also - I realized that my original post didn't line up well with what I just now wrote here, so I went back and edited that OP.

KF
      Battle order is simply down to capability.

First instance of Frigates, it takes 1 days to get 3 dockyard up.
      Usually start with 3 corvettes by day 2 then into Frigates day after day.

The production of Frigates is highly dependant on your ability to purchase electronics on the market.
      But ultimately you just keep producing up, hopefully launch a few aggressive manoeuvres by day 5 and start targeting dockyards, any threat to your naval superiority.
      A destroyer will devastate your fleet, even if you have numerical superiority.

Good idea to launch an all out attack now, or soon, you should have enough boats to defend counter attacks and cover most of an enemies cities, the travel times usually delay you to day 7-8.
      Around 10 Frigate you start running into electronic shortages quickly followed by component shortages, market is depleted and you start losing frigates. Upgrade only increase cost and drain but give you better fighting power in naval engagements. Expanding is not the goal, the goal here is naval dominance, you may have ALOT of enemies but the idea being NO ONE can build dockyard without your swift action, you can just bombard cities and suffer moral penalties to invoke rebel captures. But ultimately you can entirely landlock Americas, or Africa but day 20 and reduce at least half of their home cities to rubble.

As for strategy two, day 1 consists of massing national guard, by day two you should have doubled your effective infantry and start launching offensive action.
      While you await your airfields to start producing, i aim for 2, ideally 3 if i can get there and get some helicopters up ASAP by day 3-4 , then i want 1-2 more fighter aircraft as your helicopters quickly get used and become ineffective.
      Then its just a matter of producing what you can, if you are Russia for example, i think you start running into population issues around day 5-6. but with Russia i tend to avoid helicopters and aim for fighters as you can amass more, quickly and have limit enemy aggression early.

Its all about simple cities, level 1 airfield, level 3 industries and very bare bones. I keep fuel cities at level 1 industries and try to get level 1 recruiting up soonish to produce manpower. But usually your limited by manpower until you expand and start building alot of recruiting offices. Just keep building guards, and 3/4 fighters per day as Russia and just use overwhelming force. If the enemy launches offensive action, throw a 10 stack of guards in their path and bombard with airstrikes. Expand rapidly and end the game quickly, everyone calls you a golder but ultimately the huge starting economy, the rapit expansion and very little loses puts you in a commanding poisition to overwhelm even the strongest players. (keep in mind, you gain ALOT of resources when you take enemy home cities as compared with occupied cites)

There is a third option, highly effective and thats level 1 barracks, and start with recon units, this allows very strong expansion into cities. Unlike the above two, which have difficulty earlygame in securing defended cities and require advanced manoeuvring and intelligence. Recon units are very strong vs infantry and you know what your fighting. I tend to smash out an infantry commander early to lead a large stack, 5 recon, 4 infantry 1 commander sort of thing. You can use pure infantry but you run into manpower issues, recon are usually the better bet. By day 5ish you can usually start building into tanks, day 10ish you add mobile artillery, maybe some AA and start forming small units and building a slow moving front with overlapping artillery fire, maybe with advanced recon. I think you get to about 10 recon units before you run into resource shortages, then you drop into tanks and infantry around day 5, but this is more India, when i did this as Chad i won battle after battle but because of the central nature of Chad i was heavily restricted on expansion as i kept having to redeploy to defend aggression. I went into Syria and has massive aggression from the North and East which was costly, attrition won out and eventually 20 days later was defeated.

I think mostly around day 12 you focus a bit more on your economy, as your production falls off pretty hard, you start building less and less as the market is depleted, you focus more on research and advancing towards higher level cities. Chase down the likes of bombers, or other strategic assets like missile strike packages or stealth assets, start investing in spies and ultimately rotating your troops around to heal them up and redeploy. Your starting to run into strong adversities with alliances backing them and should be building to counter, like radars, or AA, or naval assets like frigates for landing operations or submarines/destroyers for naval warfare.

By day 20 you should have the basic formation units i mentioned in my previous post, if not more. Aswell as a few additional units required to secure further expansion, in some aspects that will just be airfields and hospitals, in other respects it will be land based AA or a carrier with helicopters to support offensive action, or naval strike fighter to target enemy airfields. What ever you need to start outplaying the enemy, like sending a single republican guard to bait out a strike attack, then launching a counter strike on the airfield they return too. I found 10stack of helicopter deployable artillery rather helpful, but ultimately you need to survive the early game, day 20 your down to 3/4 main alliances, and you might find that 1-2 players in your alliance are not active.

So yeah, i think one of the above three strategies will put you in good steed to deal with whats next and give you some room to maneuverer around loses and prepare for day 30 where deciding battles will take place in rather large clashes of all or nothing offensive actions.

The post was edited 1 time, last by crazystoner ().

• crazystoner wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

crazystoner wrote:

Day 20 all depends on which country i am. . . .
      ... this thread becomes really valuable when people record what they actually had/have in a game ...
      ... what actually happened ...

Also - I realized that my original post didn't line up well with what I just now wrote here, so I went back and edited that OP.

KF
      Battle order is simply down to capability.
      . . .
      Maybe I was too subtle above.

This thread is about what your actual units are in actual games, and is not about what they should be. And by "actual units" I mean actual counts of what actually existed in a specific game, not generic descriptions that span multiple games.

If you aren't counting up and then posting what you actually have during an actual game, you are doing the wrong thing.

Please help keep this thread more useful by not posting long-winded theories. There are a zillion other threads where people encourage you and everyone else to do that.

Thanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• KFGauss wrote:

Maybe I was too subtle above.
      This thread is about what your actual units are in actual games, and is not about what they should be. And by "actual units" I mean actual counts of what actually existed in a specific game, not generic descriptions that span multiple games.

If you aren't counting up and then posting what you actually have during an actual game, you are doing the wrong thing.

Please help keep this thread more useful by not posting long-winded theories. There are a zillion other threads where people encourage you and everyone else to do that.

Thanks

Pah, I'm not doing that, and am STILL obviously doing the wrong thing.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

[
      Pah, I'm not doing that, and am STILL obviously doing the wrong thing.
      Nah. Concentrating on navy and ASFs from the off says, "no one is attacking me by sea or air ever."
      Good safety first solo play, I'd call it.
      You then go for artillery dominance in MRLs, which says, "no-one is attacking me by land either".
      All bases covered. (Assuming you also go for TDS when the time comes?)
    • Ok, game is over. Day 30...

Here is the unit composition

National guard 20
      spec ops 8
      radar 5
      railgun 6
      chooper 16
      elite chopper 10
      mrl 17
      ASF 1
      tank destroyer 25
      elite bomber 3
      recon 5
      SAM 11
      tank general 1
      chopper general 1
      normal infantry 4
      normal artillery 1
      bomber 1
      TDS 11

In total 160...i might not have seen everyone

I was Belarus...so no fleet necessary.

I must say this game was liek out of the books....perfect play. Could have been over on day 22...but my teammate and me wanted to hunt for some extra kills...

2021-12-08 08_58_58-Conflict of Nations - 4,403,419.png
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • KFGauss wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

you took out your own OOB you sneaky squirt
      Nah - What I edited out of this thread's OP was just some bland nonsense I wrote to try to get the ball rolling.
      My one and only game since this thread started is the one described here: Look through a different Lens - What's your ACTUAL Day 20 Order of Battle (OOB) I'm one of the five players listed in that post's table.

Regardless, a 5 minute search of my forum posts will quickly turn up that in public games (WW3, BGUSA, FP) I initially build lots of SF. Not because that's the optimum public game strategy against a clever opponent (someone you encounter in maybe 5% of public games?), but because it's a good strategy for quickly rampaging through typical public game opponents.
      post again plz - i wanna see
      "doug" -nobody
    • RadioActive wrote:

post again plz - i wanna see
      If you are asking about what I wrote in the original "original post", it's gone for good. It really was just something (wild-ass guesses) I made up on the spot several days ago. I don't remember what it was. If you're asking about the actual data from my last game, just scroll up to see it. I'm Cha(d) in the table & graph I posted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's enough chit-chat - I'm ignoring my own request :cursing:

So that we don't clog this thread up any further, please write any questions on my wall here in the forum, or send them to KFGAuss#7834 in discord.
    • Day 20 (02:22). Bolivia, WW3 map. 31 cities (6 starting), 368 VPs (3rd place). Not in a Coalition.

75 units:
      Mot Inf L1: 11
      Nat Guard L1: 16
      Mob Recon L3: 4
      Tank Dest L4: 6
      Mob Art L4: 10
      SAM Launcher L1: 2
      Heli GS L1: 5
      Att Heli L1: 4
      Heli Officer L1: 1
      F/W Officer L1:1
      ASF L3: 5
      Naval ASF L1: 4
      Special Forces L1: 2
      Airborne Inf L1: 4

I'm not going to say what I'm researching or building or planning, or why I've got what I've got or not got what I haven't, because it actually is Day 20 in my game right now. I wasn't going to post this until next week, but then I realised I don't care that much!

But it's interesting, posting it up like this: makes it look to me like I don't have anything like enough units!

The post was edited 2 times, last by WalterChang ().

• kurtvonstein wrote:

Ok, game is over. Day 30...

Here is the unit composition

National guard 20
      spec ops 8
      radar 5
      railgun 6
      chooper 16
      elite chopper 10
      mrl 17
      ASF 1
      tank destroyer 25
      elite bomber 3
      recon 5
      SAM 11
      tank general 1
      chopper general 1
      normal infantry 4
      normal artillery 1
      bomber 1
      TDS 11

In total 160...i might not have seen everyone

I was Belarus...so no fleet necessary.

I must say this game was liek out of the books....perfect play. Could have been over on day 22...but my teammate and me wanted to hunt for some extra kills...

2021-12-08 08_58_58-Conflict of Nations - 4,403,419.png
      Chooper.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Playing as Philippines
      WW3 / 4x Speed / Public
      DAY 5 @ 1200hrs at time of Forum Posting
      2nd Place Overall with 133 VP (at the beginning of Day 5)
      No coalition at all so far
      No communication with another player so far
      No naval combat so far

Terrain terrain types encountered so far: Urban, Suburban, Forest, Mountain, Jungle, Open Ground, High Seas, Coastal Waters

Complete roster of existing forces:

Level 1 National Guard x 10
      Level 1 Motorized Infantry x 10
      Level 1 Combat Recon Vehicle x 1
      Level 1 Towed Infantry x 1
      Level 1 Air Superiority FIghter x 1
      Level 1 Corvettes x 4
      Level 1 Frigates x 2

TOTAL CITIES: 16
      Homeland Cities: 6
      Occupied Cities: 10
      Annexed Cities: 0

Buildings:
      Manilla (Rare Materials): Level 1 Bunker, Level 1 Air Base, Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 2 Arms Industry

Tuguerarao (Supplies): Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 1 Arms Industry, Level 2 Naval Base

Puerto Princesa (Supplies): Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 1 Arms Industry, Level 2 Naval Base

Cebu CIty (Components): Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 1 Arms Industry, Level 2 Naval Base, Level 2 Army Base

Zamboanga (Fuel): Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 1 Arms Industry, Level 1 Hospital, Level 1 Air Base (in progress)

Davao City (Electronics): Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 3 Arms Industry (in progress)

Research:

Level 1 National Guard
      Level 1 Naval Infantry
      Level 1 Corvette
      Level 1 Frigate
      Level 1 AIr Superiority Fighter

For a more in-depth/narrative account of the process for this game, please see: Nil's Philippines Game - An ongoing, real-time account of how, why, and what happens

The post was edited 2 times, last by PerigeeNil ().

• Playing as Philippines
      WW3 / 4x Speed / Public
      DAY 10 @ 1200hrs at time of Forum Posting
      1st Place Overall (every Day since Day 6)
      248 VP (at the beginning of Day 10)
      No coalition at all so far

Australia sent me a message after I destroyed a transport they sent too close to my coast; that has been my only communication with other players; that has also been my only naval contact so far

Terrain types encountered: All but Tundra

Complete roster of existing forces:

Level 1 National Guard x 7
      Level 1 Motorized Infantry x 8
      Level 1 Naval Infantry x 3
      Level 1 Combat Recon Vehicle x 1
      Level 1 Towed Infantry x 1
      Level 1 Air Superiority Fighter x 3
      Level 1 Corvettes x 4
      Level 1 Frigates x 3
      Level 1 Destroyer x 1

TOTAL CITIES: 25
      Homeland Cities: 6
      Occupied Cities: 19
      Annexed Cities: 0

Buildings:
      Manilla (Rare Materials): Level 1 Bunker, Level 1 Air Base, Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 3 Arms Industry

Tuguerarao (Supplies): Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 1 Arms Industry, Level 2 Naval Base

Puerto Princesa (Supplies): Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 1 Arms Industry, Level 3 Naval Base

Cebu CIty (Components): Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 3 Arms Industry, Level 2 Naval Base, Level 2 Army Base

Zamboanga (Fuel): Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 1 Arms Industry, Level 2 Hospital, Level 1 Air Base (in progress)

Davao City (Electronics): Level 1 Recruiting Office, Level 3 Arms Industry, Level 2 Army Base

Research:

Level 1 National Guard
      Level 1 Naval Infantry
      Level 1 Armored Fighting Vehicle
      Level 1 Corvette
      Level 1 Frigate
      Level 1 Destroyer
      Level 1 AIr Superiority Fighter

For a more in-depth/narrative account of the process for this game, please see: Nil's Philippines Game - An ongoing, real-time account of how, why, and what happens
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Australia sent me a message after I destroyed a transport they sent too close to my coast; that has been my only communication with other players; that has also been my only naval contact so far
      Lol... I do the same thing. Sink anything approaching or near my coast. especially later in game as first volley in naval battle is huge; Im not sitting by waiting to get hit.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp