What are the worst units in the game, and how would you improve them?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the worst units in the game, and how would you improve them?

What do you think is one of the worst units in the game, and how would you fix them?

I think certain armored units like Tank Destroyers should be more relevant in guerrilla warfare like their CoW equivalents. Maybe they could hide in Jungle or Snow and ambush the enemy with additional strength
      Yee Haw
    • I think invariably, the worst units in a game are those commanded by Colonel Waffles and his 0.88% win rate. :)

EDIT: sorry, forgot this part, "how would you fix them?" - I would try a novel approach and install a brain in his skull.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • playbabe wrote:

give low signatures to corvette and towed arti
      add towed mechanic, 1 units that faster then towed arti will speed the towed arti up.
      (ex. afv 1.5 speed stack with 1 towed arti. the towed arti will have speed of 1.5)
      I like those ideas, but maybe save the low radar on corvettes for upgraded units. That would make it more in line with what the modern corvette looks like. (Unless it's a ZR1, those should be invisible cuz they move too fast)
    • Sergio_G wrote:

I think there are no bad units in the game. It's just that each unit has its own task that it must perform.
      yeah and those units pretty much suck ass on their own task

corvette, role: "defense coast line"
      ingame: can't defense their coast against anything that can shoot it back.

towed arti, role: "high mobility support"
      ingame: suck ass damage, getting out run by infantry with superior firepower, be a sitting duck outside airfield range.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

Sergio_G wrote:

I think there are no bad units in the game. It's just that each unit has its own task that it must perform.

ingame: suck ass damage, getting out run by infantry with superior firepower, be a sitting duck outside airfield range.
      I understand your answer. But as I wrote above, each unit has its own role. The role of the corvette and towed artillery is a great advantage in the early stages of the war. While you are waiting for your cruisers or rocket artillery, believe me, I will have time to take your capital or destroy your port cities with the help of a corvette and towed artillery. But their use is desirable on small maps. This is my opinion, I do not force anyone to think the same. :)
      There will be no World War III veterans.
    • playbabe wrote:

The "high mobility" bit is their air-assault capability, and this is an advantage they keep over the other artillery types. If you aren't going to level them up far enough to get the air-assault, they aren't worth building at all. And being a sitting duck outside airfield range is something you could probably say about any ground unit that doesn't have AA accompanying it, surely?

Their bombardment damage is a bit low compared to mortar-equipped infantry. I think that's fair criticism. But you could say the same about Mobile Artillery as well. Mob Art is also slower than Infantry after a couple of weeks, and it doesn't have air-assault to compensate - you can't even air-lift them until the very top level. I'd say they are worse than TA, especially given how much more costly they are to produce.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WalterChang ().

• There are good arguments about each unit serving its own role, but can we take a moment to realize just how bad the new Elite UGV is?

Low HP, has to be deployed by expensive infantry units, low damage output compared to similar vehicles. Honestly, who would pick this over an Armored Fighting Vehicle?
      If you get swarmed by UGVs, just build a tank destroyer lol 1 would do.

I haven't even SEEN it from any other player since it came out, and I've played 12 matches since then.
    • then remove corvette upgrade after day 5 already if that is all it gonna serves.

towed arti, you know that it need 1 hours deploying time to be able to shoot? yeah that thing succ. MAT and MRLs have range advantages to stay very far for comfortable distance that inf can’t rush them in 30min. now look at towed art… inf can rush into their fire range in like bloody 20 min and yeet away 50% of towed arti HP.

i do agree that OK air assault good but it is not enough. operating defensively in their own territory in airfield range seems to be the best way to use BUT with high signatures. they lost any of elements of surprise
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • GrandInquisitor wrote:

There are good arguments about each unit serving its own role, but can we take a moment to realize just how bad the new Elite UGV is?

Low HP, has to be deployed by expensive infantry units, low damage output compared to similar vehicles. Honestly, who would pick this over an Armored Fighting Vehicle?

I haven't even SEEN it from any other player since it came out, and I've played 12 matches since then.
      Yep, i agree with you.

IFV are best unit ever, than useless UGV unit.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • playbabe wrote:

Sergio_G wrote:

Imo I think Towed Arty damage and speed is fine, but it needs to be more spammable

Lower cost and mobilization time, so they are a good early game support alternative to gunships
      Yee Haw
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

I think invariably, the worst units in a game are those commanded by Colonel Waffles and his 0.88% win rate. :)

EDIT: sorry, forgot this part, "how would you fix them?" - I would try a novel approach and install a brain in his skull.
      Can you contribute to the thread along with your joke?
      Surely there is a unit in this game you consider to be useless
      Yee Haw
    • Make Naval AWAC Stealthand give it sonar and reveal unit stack composition for land units. And then just give it XRays to kill every unit in the Radar range...this might finally let someone build this unit...

And btw nerf MRLs...just for the sack of ***** of @Dealer of Death
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • At a glance I see several units. For public games I mean.
      Subs. If I have one DD/Captain in my Cruisers stack I see sub and it suffers from my cumulative salvo - dead on arrival. While subs are real threat in real world.
      Navy strike planes. I don't see the reason to tie them to main strike plane research tree, it should be separate one. Very few develop them because you need first research strike lvl X then research naval strike leaving aside you must have lvl 3 AB to build them
      Cruise missiles. Main question is why they can't penetrate naval defenses ? Like at all. Yes, you can play with reload times but in general they can't. Like we don't have Granits and hypersonics now that can definitely pass standard TF defences.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drony77 ().

• Colonel Waffles wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I think invariably, the worst units in a game are those commanded by Colonel Waffles and his 0.88% win rate. :)

Can you contribute to the thread along with your joke?Surely there is a unit in this game you consider to be useless
      No, why? Because the only totally pointless unit is the Naval AWACS and Kurtvoncomedian already covered it.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Kranzegrad wrote:

GrandInquisitor wrote:

There are good arguments about each unit serving its own role, but can we take a moment to realize just how bad the new Elite UGV is?

Yep, i agree with you.
      IFV are best unit ever, than useless UGV unit.
      I saw the UGV used in one game. I had a coalition partner that built one . I never saw him use it. It sat parked.
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC