Discord Server is read-only for me

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Discord Server is read-only for me

I'm new to using Discord (mostly because I'm stubborn) so please forgive me if I don't use the right names for things.

After creating my Discord account, I came here to the CoN Forum site and clicked on the Discord link.

That launched me into the You've been invited to use the Discord CoN Server. I accepted that invite, but I ignored the two bots that immediately sent me invites. I assumed the Bots were created by users and not by Dorado.

Now I can read the various threads (channels?), but I don't have Discord-permission to post comments or questions in any of them.

Can anyone (accurately) guess what do I need to do to acquire the authority write, in addition to reading?

KFG
    • KFGauss wrote:

I'm new to using Discord (mostly because I'm stubborn) so please forgive me if I don't use the right names for things.

After creating my Discord account, I came here to the CoN Forum site and clicked on the Discord link.

That launched me into the You've been invited to use the Discord CoN Server. I accepted that invite, but I ignored the two bots that immediately sent me invites. I assumed the Bots were created by users and not by Dorado.

Now I can read the various threads (channels?), but I don't have Discord-permission to post comments or questions in any of them.

Can anyone (accurately) guess what do I need to do to acquire the authority write, in addition to reading?

KFG
      Derp!

The bots provide the directions you need to follow to be verified. Once verified, you can post.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I saved this because noobs keep DMing me like I'm some sort of Mod:

According to the Dorado guys, when you signed up you should have got an email from their bot that tells you what to do. I personally do not know because I was grandfathered in having been here from before they started doing that. Maybe check your email including spam/junk mail folder.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Thanks DoD

Dorado folks - FYI - I'm maybe a little more cautious than the average person who is new to using Discord, but ... When I sign up for something and immediately get bombarded by offers from "Bots" asking me to accept whatever mysterious thing they are offering (spyware, bloatware, membership in the spam of the month club, automatic p*rn downloads, viruses, trojanhorses, etc.) I decline the opportunities.

Surely there is a better way? Maybe sending people to a page of instructions when the click on your "Discord" button here in the forum, instead of sending them straight into the Discord site?

Regardless, thanks for investing all the time that the Discord server must require from you.

KFG

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• KFGauss wrote:

KFG
      For future players who make the same mistake I did, the solution to my problem was to leave the CoN Discord "server", then use this forum's Discord button to get re-invited to that server

AND THEN

As soon as I rejoined the server, to *quickly* look at the message I got from the Double Counter bot, quickly read that message, and then quickly click on the link in the message that was for me to use to verify that I am not a Bot. Then follow the instructions that the Double Counter software fed to me.

KFG